Jackmayoffer distilled....

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ith-some-new-strains-wifi-x-sour-d-and.38592/

These are Jack's posts from his thread, above. I like to distill info from the threads I find particularly helpful... this is what it looks like. Maybe this format will help people sift through the mass of information he provided. I hope it helps.

August, 2011

Post #1: 4x4 smart pots in every 4x8 tray with either 100% Coco or Roots Organic Soil. [8 bags of coco per 4x4 tray]

#5: 32 rooted cuttings 14 day veg and flipped..This room is Roots Organic soil going to switch to pure COCO no perlite...

#22: Heavy 16, Big Bud, Then week 7 and 8 Moab /Hammer Head. All the above rooms are usingRoots Organic soil Its good shit..I have had issues with the soil coming with fungus nats lately there quality control has gone down. Straight Cana Coco from here on out ..But you cant beat Roots soil for ease of use..Keeping it simple

#32: Plant count per bed? It depends on strain and if we are starting from rooted clone. With OG 32 to 40 rooted cuttings per 4x8. 14 to 20 day veg. If the plants are pre vegged 16 per tray.

When using the 4x4 smart pots they work a lot better with the deeper trays..Or you can just build your own.

We have yet to grow in a medium that yields like COCO. So far the best run we have had has been our COCO run. All other mediums and systems have averaged 1.25 to 1.5 overall give or take for different strains. With COCO we hit the magic # but it does require alot more feeding.And it is also the only medium I have seen roots dolphin at the top of the medium.Roots soil makes life a little easier when there is this much work involved you really cant go wrong.

Flowering in Undercurrent? No I am not..I am currently using it for my moms hands down there is not a better system out there for moms. Rocking some UC'S out doors also

#49: We use hanging trellis that are mounted from unistrut If the plants stretch beyond the first trellis we throw the netting over but I do not like doing this it chokes out the plants.

Installing a UV light takes 10 min its super easy any one can do it. We have yet to have any PM issues even with the rooms with big plants hitting 90% humidity at night...

Hours per week in the garden? Started this morning at 5 am and its 230 am the next day...:hi Its alot of hard work but I never complain beacuse in the end I do what I love and I Provide for alot of sick patience...7 days a week 12 to 20 hrs a day

We are abel to take hundreds of cuttings a week from the Under Currents mom's no othere system our medium compaires hands down..And it is Roots Organic soil that we use and Cana Coco.

#64: Best system for limited count? Yes the UC is at the top of my list for limited plant #

Agricultural Organics use? I use the bloom silica as Ph up. I do not use any other products besides there foilar stuff. ***Note: read information regarding dangers of paclobutrazol and daminozide.***

Why have you moved away from the UC? I notice that your plant count is significantly higher with this soil rooms, (16/light?) is that the reason for the switch?

The uc's on a large scale are alot of work to tear down and clean after every run..Along with needing the rite strain that does well in the UC'S if plants # are a concern its the way to go..If not COCO beds are the way to go for yield, and over all quality..Either way works great but I would keep it simple.

October, 2011

#114:
-Are you running the coco beds drain to waste? Whats your watering schedule look like and how many gallons per table would you say you go through? Thanks!
-Curious at what the timer / sprinkler valves with the red electectrical lines that are Not hooked up to your rain bird timer system and pump system do? They could be something else its hard to see for sure but the electrical lines look loose to me. Also would like to know how you sync the pump from your top off reservoir to your rain bird timer and or drip bubbler system.

Drain to waist bro…All the valves are tied into a sprinkler timer each bed gets watered for 3 min every other day the pump is on a sprinkler timer and a relay also so when the sprinkler timer comes on so does the pump.

We always flush the COCO with straight RO PH at 5.5. This is exacatly what i use nothing more nothing less. HEAVY 16 A & B VEG and during VEG the only thing I add besides base nutes is CALPLEX at 80 to 100 ppm. I never go above 1000 ppm in veg. Then flower its Base nutes Heavy 16 -WITH 60 to 80 ppm of Calplex, Then week 2-5 I add Big Bud and After week 5 i drop Big Bud and Cal plex is dropped at week 4 Then week 6 and 7 or 7 and 8 depending on strain its MOAB HAMMER HEAD.base nutes cut in half.. We where brewing teas and using all kinds of different teas and we seen no difference when we stopped using them. Hope that helps.. The COCO AND SOIL beds are used over and over and every time they seem to get better.

November, 2011:

#123: I am using 2x4x4 square smart pots in every 4x8 tray my hydro store has them next day when i order them no special order they work alot better and cheaper then the 200 gallon smart pots.U can get away with the trays that arent as deep but the deep ones fit like a glove ..I still have one room with smart pots and it sucks to have to tear them down wash and refill that many smart pots we use 3 to 5 gallon smart pots depending on how many are ran per tray.

March, 2012:

#169: Cana CocO +Full Aptus line, Drain to waist, And weekly tea brews using Capulars Benies.. Plants are feed every day in flower... So far I am really digging the Aptus boosters.

#175: Day and feeding regimen?

Around day 23 its crazy they all look like they where hit with a super dose of phosphoload. But they where not!!!!! The Fasilatator is amazing stuff and only 60 ml per 100 gallon it does make the rez bubble up like crazy just like sea green but cleaner..

We use 100 gallons for every 12- 4x8 trays.So basicly every 24 lights gets 100 gallons per day. With every couple watering aptus and the alternate waterings just base nutes. This is in flower in veg they are watered every 2 to 3 days depending on size and wether we are in beds or pots..

Harvest procedure? Every thing is hand trimmed .. As far as time the plant is hung for 6 to 7 days then bagged for 3 days then trimmed..

#181: Does fasilitor control stretch? I do have pics in veg and the plants that the dose was doubled after the first 2 weeks of flower they did not stretch all the strains I grow always stretch big time some I let stretch some I dont depending on how I am growing number of plants veg time.I have a small test run that is being trimmed that was grown with Fasilitor and there is no affect on taste at all. But everything we grow gets a minamum of 2 week flush. At the end of the day if your room is not dialed and you dont know your strain no bloom bosster is going to help.. But if everything is dialed it will really put things on a whole nother level.

#182: Do you use a Drizair dehumidifier? We usally run 1 drizair the big one not sure model the biggest one they make for every 20 lights if the plants are really big 2 per room. The key is tempeature to make them work correctly..80.deg day 77 night..I have no in or out vents in the rooms completly sealed..

#191: Jack uses both liquid and powder Big Bud.

#202: One large feeding per week? Its your first time running beds its part of growing we learn from our mistakes you would be way better off doing less [smaller quantity] waterings more often we have it timed just pefect each room with 10 beds gets 100 gallons thats 10-4x8 trays even the smart pot room gets the same amount feed every other day in veg every day in flower...

#213: Have you tried Prime from Heavy16? How strong are your nutrient mixes? Yes I have tried prime I have tried almost every nutrien combo out there and Aptus is rite on the top of the list so far, As far as your Heavy 16 question goes it depends on what strains where running and if we are in pots are beds. But with Aptus we haven't seen any sign of nute burn or deffeciancy . In Veg we go light feeding around an ec of 0.5 to 0.6 and work are way up through flower usually week 4 and 5 topping out at an ec of 2.0 to 2.5. with Heavy 16 we have foung a peak ec of 2.0 work best for most strains.

For complete description of his watering system, see:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...ystem-the-way-jack-does-it.47269/#post-824683

Dripper head manifolds? I have done a few post on the drippers they are Octa Bubblers Green Coast carrys them so does large irragation supply company's each Octa Bubbler has 8 ports we run 2 Octa bubblers for every 4x4 so each 4x8 tray gets 4 heads.If we run less plants we just plug the ones where not using.

#215: I wanted to thank Capulator for brining his bennies to the Farm I had some issues in veg that I could not figuer out after a couple tea brews These bitches just exploded with growth. We had an on going issue with bad Hanna meters the bennies really helped the Ph issues we had.. I will never grow with out his stuff its has a permanent place in my garden. Im using his exact tea brew with Nute, Foliar,Root packs with Mollases and Alfalfa worm castings doing a tea brew 1 time a week.Its so nice not having to deal with fungus Gnats...
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Pot-Liner-Tray-x48/dp/B004O3NKDI

ftwendy

ftwendy

April, 2012:

#228: Mold issues? No we have not had any issues with Bud Rot. I have seen it 1 time on a large seed run of white urkel some of the phenos where finished but we let them go a 3 weeks longer to allow us to harvest everything the same time and a few of the Phenos got it..

What kind of emitters do you use? They are fan jet sprayers with mushroom head tops.They work great we probally replace 5 to 10 every couple months due to clogging but thats great considering how many of them we have...

#242: And here is a picture of the drippers we use 3" riser with a mushroom head the Octa Bubblers are the 10 gph for larger runs 4 tables in a row or more or the blue 2 gph for runs with only 2 tables in a row. You can always remove the rubber washers in side the Octa Bubblers for more flow.

#244: Nozzle type on fan sprayers? we use the black nozzels. And a 3/4 to 1 hp pump for all the rooms this allows us to expand and add more if needed we have reciently started using Grundfos 1 hp pumps they are bad ass and do not clog like the Leader pumps do. The rizers sprayers and mushroom heads are sold together you they all come in a pack so you can buy the Octa Bubblers and the sprayers from local Hydro stores I know Green Coast carrys them.

#245: [Are you flushing weekly?] This has been the first run that we did not flush our plants in flower we have done a feed every day from week 1 of flower to week 5 and the 1 time a week we are feeding caps bennies we do a light feeding of 400 to 500ppm base nutes plus Tea. The more we feed the more the plants just explode with growth. I have found with coco there is no need to flush unless your plants need it. I see people letting there coco dry out and this seems to affect yield in the end. These plants will get a 2 week flush the last 2 weeks and that is it... [feed, feed, feed, feed, watering schedule]

#247: Cut dates for peak ripeness? White Fire #3 Was best at 55 to 63 there was a little drop between 60 and 63 days im sending out the Fire and Tahoe cut at 50- 55- 60- 65 and 70. I have yet to see a White Fire cut best taken at 70 most are 55 to 63 with 60 usally being a good # And the White at 55 to 60 so pretty similar.. I will start posting the numbers I have started sending everything out at different days for testing

#264: Veg time? fully rooted clone 7 to 14 days depending on pheno and strain Then flip 5 harvest a year.

#269: A few notes to add its harvest time and the Heavy 16 room plus Aptus crushed everything ..With the Sensi A+B room coming in second the room thats looking the smallest but still really good compared to most is the Pure Blend Pro plus APTUS... I will have the final results in a few days with some pics... But there is something about Pure Coco +Heavy 16 plus Capulary tea brew and Aptus that make all the planets align and makes the buds look like softball size nugs from top to bottom.

#289: Photo of Aptus Booster Schedule

I use the exact feed chart that Aptus provides its also on there web site with nothing added except base nutes.

How much coco per bed? 4x8 botanicare deep tray with 2- 4x4 smart pots 8 bags of coco for every 4x4 smart pot. rooted cutting 10 to 14 day veg then flip.

How much are trimmers paid? Industry standard is .45cents a gram or 200 # we do not trim wet the plant is hung for 7 days then 3 days in contractor bags then they are trimmed dry.

December, 2013:

#303: We are going on 2 plus years of using the same coco in beds could never do this with out OG BIO WAR ... We don't even pull the lateral roots just remove the 2" rockwool plug and main root ball and plug away with cutting..

#317: Growing in Cana coco with cana coco Base nutes. Using Fasilitor from Aptus and Cal mag or Epson salt and OG bio was . That's pretty much it... using 20 to 30 cuttings per 4x4 with a 14 day veg and flip. 8 bags of Cana Coco per 4x4 watered drain to waist. I have grown almost every OG out there including Wifi #3 .. The #43 is the baddest bitch of them all yield, Flavor,Smell, bag appeal..And it's super duper potent..I have used almost every nute combo and company out there. So far mybest results with base nutes are Cana coco, Heavy 16 .. I have grown in Rock wool, coco in smart pots and soil in beds and pots and RDWC and I have had my best results in coco in 2 gallon smart pots or in Coco beds.. But Coco beds make life easy and re using the medium for 2 years 10 runs saved a shit load of money.

#324: I run exactly what I posted on the last page for every strain I run... Cal mag, Base, Fasilitor, Caps tea... And Foliar feed combos...

#336: Safe to fog around bulbs? I run E paps and Gavita and Fog my rooms all the time never had an issue..

Plant density: 25 to 35 is a number I like just depend on strain some do better with 25 some with 35 but either way works great .. 7 days then top 14-20 days flip if you're cuttings take rite off and have no issues..

#337: 6" Rock Wool cubes on a coco mat on one table, 6 " Rock wool Cubes on the second table , And then one Table with 6" Rock wool on slabs.... Strain BIG E OG....... Feed Dutch Master, Cal Mag and zone in Veg and Cana Substra in Flower with Zone and Cal mag... Keeping it simple Flood and drain, I have the same thing going in another room but drain to waist... Here we go 20 to 25 per 1 kw.

#348: Can I buy your seeds Jack? No. :)

#352: Please tell us your experience with Epaps and AAW's. First off you need 38" to 4 ft from the top of you're canopy so 10'+ ceilings are a plus The Epaps and Gavitas just blast the plants... I would not change out a room that had Adjust o Wings but If I was building a new room I would go with the Epaps. Being able to go from 40 lights to 30 and not changing the bulbs every couple runs is HUGE!! Its a big savings in electricity,equipment and AC etc... They do have the Conversions for Adjust O wings but I am just starting to try them Haven't had a full run yet, What I can say is the row I have 3 Gavitas over 2- 4x8 And 4 Adjust O wings over 2-4x8 there is no difference in yield both yield the same so I would say Gavita/ Epap wins... I do prefer the E- pap over Gavita ...

#356: A/C setup to accommodate heat from epaps? Warmer then what? I run 25 E-paps with 2 x 5 ton ac units with no issues room is sealed and insulated it gets 110 deg. in the summer.. And I have no issue with cooling my rooms... Any time you have the ballast in the room you will increase you're heat load.. But 10 ton and 20 lights your good...

#377: We run 4 to 5 strains per room .. each row of 4- 4x8 tables gets a strain some strains get two rows...

#400: Soil vs Coco? In all honesty soil yield is no where near coco not even close either is the vigor of the plants... In every way COCO wins.... Not saying You cannot kill it in soil because we have many times ..But the Yield does not compare I can get my soil plants in beds to look and taste just as good as coco or vise verse but at the end of the day I want it all less veg time and more weight .. So that's why I pick COCO...I grew for 3 years straight in soil beds and soil in smart pots and one day I decided to give coco a try never looked back.. Now a year from now I might say the opposite about coco and Rock wool.. I have a room going now where I have 18 plants per 1 k grown in Rock wool and It's looking like it will crush my all time yield #'s per table shooting for 8 to 12 # per table. using a combo of vert and Epaps...

Please explain your experience with fasilitor: I run Fasilitor during veg and first 6 weeks flower at different doses just depends on where the plants are.. I have done a bunch of test and Doubling the dose first couple weeks of stretch really makes them stack but will not stop stretch but a tall stacked plant will produce like a beast..

#402: I'm always mixing it up trying new things.. I like sea green and still use it at 0.5 ml per gallon once a week on on days I don't use fasilitor and some times ad it to my tea after brew. Aptus is good stuff but when I say here is what I'm using at the moment for these pics I'm always adding and dropping different things ...But lately we have been running the above we always foliar feed with what ever the plant needs or is going to need.. There is no magic ticket it's never that easy...But the above is a solid recipe!

#406: [Fasilitor is the silver bullet]? I have done multiple side by side with and with out at different doses it was night and day better with Fasilitor . I have some pics I will dig them up. But less is more with fasilitor . Just depends what you're trying to achieve...

That was time well spent. :)

Thanks for everything you do, Jack.

Happy holidays Farmers! ftw

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

April, 2012:

#228: Mold issues? No we have not had any issues with Bud Rot. I have seen it 1 time on a large seed run of white urkel some of the phenos where finished but we let them go a 3 weeks longer to allow us to harvest everything the same time and a few of the Phenos got it..

What kind of emitters do you use? They are fan jet sprayers with mushroom head tops.They work great we probally replace 5 to 10 every couple months due to clogging but thats great considering how many of them we have...

#242: And here is a picture of the drippers we use 3" riser with a mushroom head the Octa Bubblers are the 10 gph for larger runs 4 tables in a row or more or the blue 2 gph for runs with only 2 tables in a row. You can always remove the rubber washers in side the Octa Bubblers for more flow.

#244: Nozzle type on fan sprayers? we use the black nozzels. And a 3/4 to 1 hp pump for all the rooms this allows us to expand and add more if needed we have reciently started using Grundfos 1 hp pumps they are bad ass and do not clog like the Leader pumps do. The rizers sprayers and mushroom heads are sold together you they all come in a pack so you can buy the Octa Bubblers and the sprayers from local Hydro stores I know Green Coast carrys them.

#245: [Are you flushing weekly?] This has been the first run that we did not flush our plants in flower we have done a feed every day from week 1 of flower to week 5 and the 1 time a week we are feeding caps bennies we do a light feeding of 400 to 500ppm base nutes plus Tea. The more we feed the more the plants just explode with growth. I have found with coco there is no need to flush unless your plants need it. I see people letting there coco dry out and this seems to affect yield in the end. These plants will get a 2 week flush the last 2 weeks and that is it... [feed, feed, feed, feed, watering schedule]

#247: Cut dates for peak ripeness? White Fire #3 Was best at 55 to 63 there was a little drop between 60 and 63 days im sending out the Fire and Tahoe cut at 50- 55- 60- 65 and 70. I have yet to see a White Fire cut best taken at 70 most are 55 to 63 with 60 usally being a good # And the White at 55 to 60 so pretty similar.. I will start posting the numbers I have started sending everything out at different days for testing

#264: Veg time? fully rooted clone 7 to 14 days depending on pheno and strain Then flip 5 harvest a year.

#269: A few notes to add its harvest time and the Heavy 16 room plus Aptus crushed everything ..With the Sensi A+B room coming in second the room thats looking the smallest but still really good compared to most is the Pure Blend Pro plus APTUS... I will have the final results in a few days with some pics... But there is something about Pure Coco +Heavy 16 plus Capulary tea brew and Aptus that make all the planets align and makes the buds look like softball size nugs from top to bottom.

#289: Photo of Aptus Booster Schedule

I use the exact feed chart that Aptus provides its also on there web site with nothing added except base nutes.

How much coco per bed? 4x8 botanicare deep tray with 2- 4x4 smart pots 8 bags of coco for every 4x4 smart pot. rooted cutting 10 to 14 day veg then flip.

How much are trimmers paid? Industry standard is .45cents a gram or 200 # we do not trim wet the plant is hung for 7 days then 3 days in contractor bags then they are trimmed dry.

December, 2013:

#303: We are going on 2 plus years of using the same coco in beds could never do this with out OG BIO WAR ... We don't even pull the lateral roots just remove the 2" rockwool plug and main root ball and plug away with cutting..

#317: Growing in Cana coco with cana coco Base nutes. Using Fasilitor from Aptus and Cal mag or Epson salt and OG bio was . That's pretty much it... using 20 to 30 cuttings per 4x4 with a 14 day veg and flip. 8 bags of Cana Coco per 4x4 watered drain to waist. I have grown almost every OG out there including Wifi #3 .. The #43 is the baddest bitch of them all yield, Flavor,Smell, bag appeal..And it's super duper potent..I have used almost every nute combo and company out there. So far mybest results with base nutes are Cana coco, Heavy 16 .. I have grown in Rock wool, coco in smart pots and soil in beds and pots and RDWC and I have had my best results in coco in 2 gallon smart pots or in Coco beds.. But Coco beds make life easy and re using the medium for 2 years 10 runs saved a shit load of money.

#324: I run exactly what I posted on the last page for every strain I run... Cal mag, Base, Fasilitor, Caps tea... And Foliar feed combos...

#336: Safe to fog around bulbs? I run E paps and Gavita and Fog my rooms all the time never had an issue..

Plant density: 25 to 35 is a number I like just depend on strain some do better with 25 some with 35 but either way works great .. 7 days then top 14-20 days flip if you're cuttings take rite off and have no issues..

#337: 6" Rock Wool cubes on a coco mat on one table, 6 " Rock wool Cubes on the second table , And then one Table with 6" Rock wool on slabs.... Strain BIG E OG....... Feed Dutch Master, Cal Mag and zone in Veg and Cana Substra in Flower with Zone and Cal mag... Keeping it simple Flood and drain, I have the same thing going in another room but drain to waist... Here we go 20 to 25 per 1 kw.

#348: Can I buy your seeds Jack? No. :)

#352: Please tell us your experience with Epaps and AAW's. First off you need 38" to 4 ft from the top of you're canopy so 10'+ ceilings are a plus The Epaps and Gavitas just blast the plants... I would not change out a room that had Adjust o Wings but If I was building a new room I would go with the Epaps. Being able to go from 40 lights to 30 and not changing the bulbs every couple runs is HUGE!! Its a big savings in electricity,equipment and AC etc... They do have the Conversions for Adjust O wings but I am just starting to try them Haven't had a full run yet, What I can say is the row I have 3 Gavitas over 2- 4x8 And 4 Adjust O wings over 2-4x8 there is no difference in yield both yield the same so I would say Gavita/ Epap wins... I do prefer the E- pap over Gavita ...

#356: A/C setup to accommodate heat from epaps? Warmer then what? I run 25 E-paps with 2 x 5 ton ac units with no issues room is sealed and insulated it gets 110 deg. in the summer.. And I have no issue with cooling my rooms... Any time you have the ballast in the room you will increase you're heat load.. But 10 ton and 20 lights your good...

#377: We run 4 to 5 strains per room .. each row of 4- 4x8 tables gets a strain some strains get two rows...

#400: Soil vs Coco? In all honesty soil yield is no where near coco not even close either is the vigor of the plants... In every way COCO wins.... Not saying You cannot kill it in soil because we have many times ..But the Yield does not compare I can get my soil plants in beds to look and taste just as good as coco or vise verse but at the end of the day I want it all less veg time and more weight .. So that's why I pick COCO...I grew for 3 years straight in soil beds and soil in smart pots and one day I decided to give coco a try never looked back.. Now a year from now I might say the opposite about coco and Rock wool.. I have a room going now where I have 18 plants per 1 k grown in Rock wool and It's looking like it will crush my all time yield #'s per table shooting for 8 to 12 # per table. using a combo of vert and Epaps...

Please explain your experience with fasilitor: I run Fasilitor during veg and first 6 weeks flower at different doses just depends on where the plants are.. I have done a bunch of test and Doubling the dose first couple weeks of stretch really makes them stack but will not stop stretch but a tall stacked plant will produce like a beast..

#402: I'm always mixing it up trying new things.. I like sea green and still use it at 0.5 ml per gallon once a week on on days I don't use fasilitor and some times ad it to my tea after brew. Aptus is good stuff but when I say here is what I'm using at the moment for these pics I'm always adding and dropping different things ...But lately we have been running the above we always foliar feed with what ever the plant needs or is going to need.. There is no magic ticket it's never that easy...But the above is a solid recipe!

#406: [Fasilitor is the silver bullet]? I have done multiple side by side with and with out at different doses it was night and day better with Fasilitor . I have some pics I will dig them up. But less is more with fasilitor . Just depends what you're trying to achieve...

That was time well spent. :)

Thanks for everything you do, Jack.

Happy holidays Farmers! ftw

OOooh this post is a gift! For i use coco and heavy 16... Gonna help me ALOT! Thanks for this post!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

nice @ftwendy - u should see the mess i create in microsoft word... i got documents on documents. Ive had this dream of pulling all the info off great threads and creating a website that is like a giant compilation of threads but only with the vital info. Strictly no "chime-ins".

matter of fact, you should lock this thread. and delete my post!:artist:

soserthc1

soserthc1

Yea i gotta agree very nice work and very informational much easier than scrolling thru all his thread/threads but without threads being open for questions you would never get this info , so its a kinda catch 22 . I would agree with Z if you gonna continue to compile this , it should be closed and the comments erased but been it is not , I want to thank you for your work - good stuff

iCultivate

iCultivate

Great job condensing all that info, it must have taken you ages! Thanks for the effort, I'll be bookmarking this one for sure. And of course, thanks Jack for all the posts! :)

-- iCultivate --

bibbles

bibbles

A few questions left unanswered (in other threads as well):
  1. If Jack has R/O reservoirs, a nutrient reservoir, and must be there to turn a ball valve when feeding, is he feeding with R/O water? There's no other stated reservoir option, but it's never stated that there are R/O feeds either.Maybe "turning a ball valve" is simply pushing a button to start the feed manually, but there's still the issue of:
  2. How does he feed the tea? Neither of the above reservoirs would involve that, unless added to the nutrient reservoir, but if there's a 400µm prescribed minimum for tea bags and filtering, the 40µm inline filter makes no sense.In my experience, it's extremely hard to get the last bit out of a reservoir/aquarium without tilting it, and the tea isn't something which should left sitting around; perhaps he just tops it off, circulates over night, and purges with the next morning's feed(?)
  3. What is the advantage of a regulator and pump controller working together?Hm, just realized, drain to waste, so you wouldn't want the nutrients to drain back (though it would prevent baking them inline); that said, it would seem like running in from the drain side would cause the nutrients to flow out of the irrigation, and back into the reservoir when the pumps stopped (not so much Octa, but normal manifold), while entry from the top would cause it to drain out into the media (again, not Octa, but those Shrubber things, for example).I'm sort of... repenetrating this area, it hooked me a couple years ago (probably Jack back then, TBH), but I was still stuck on aeroponics, 'cause... it's awesome, and NASA. Yes, I live with the shame now, let's move on. I got back into it, H16 and Aptus grabbed me again... I realized I was considering switching to ebb/flow... then I came to my senses and I'm giving coco/dtw some serious thought.I'd just be running a single 4x8 (Botanicare OD), so I feel like I may just go with manual feeds, but not having played with coco before I'm worried about uneven saturation, and exactly how to water them (assuming 5-10 gallons daily in flower, as reported by Jack). Maybe I should just get a low-flow aquarium sump and hose it out? I just dislike the idea of filling a watering can seven times (fuck DWC), though enjoy the idea of fresh solution daily.

slumdog80

slumdog80

A few questions left unanswered (in other threads as well):
  1. If Jack has R/O reservoirs, a nutrient reservoir, and must be there to turn a ball valve when feeding, is he feeding with R/O water? There's no other stated reservoir option, but it's never stated that there are R/O feeds either.Maybe "turning a ball valve" is simply pushing a button to start the feed manually, but there's still the issue of:
  2. How does he feed the tea? Neither of the above reservoirs would involve that, unless added to the nutrient reservoir, but if there's a 400µm prescribed minimum for tea bags and filtering, the 40µm inline filter makes no sense.In my experience, it's extremely hard to get the last bit out of a reservoir/aquarium without tilting it, and the tea isn't something which should left sitting around; perhaps he just tops it off, circulates over night, and purges with the next morning's feed(?)
  3. What is the advantage of a regulator and pump controller working together?Hm, just realized, drain to waste, so you wouldn't want the nutrients to drain back (though it would prevent baking them inline); that said, it would seem like running in from the drain side would cause the nutrients to flow out of the irrigation, and back into the reservoir when the pumps stopped (not so much Octa, but normal manifold), while entry from the top would cause it to drain out into the media (again, not Octa, but those Shrubber things, for example).I'm sort of... repenetrating this area, it hooked me a couple years ago (probably Jack back then, TBH), but I was still stuck on aeroponics, 'cause... it's awesome, and NASA. Yes, I live with the shame now, let's move on. I got back into it, H16 and Aptus grabbed me again... I realized I was considering switching to ebb/flow... then I came to my senses and I'm giving coco/dtw some serious thought.I'd just be running a single 4x8 (Botanicare OD), so I feel like I may just go with manual feeds, but not having played with coco before I'm worried about uneven saturation, and exactly how to water them (assuming 5-10 gallons daily in flower, as reported by Jack). Maybe I should just get a low-flow aquarium sump and hose it out? I just dislike the idea of filling a watering can seven times (fuck DWC), though enjoy the idea of fresh solution daily.

1) He feeds with RO, he has pictures of two or three huge tanks in his IC thread. He always has a RO tank filled
then pumps that into his nute tank.

2) He hand feeds the tea.

3) I am not sure of the advantages, I don't use the octo's but most likely his watering system kicks mines azz.

bibbles

bibbles

1) He feeds with RO, he has pictures of two or three huge tanks in his IC thread. He always has a RO tank filled
then pumps that into his nute tank.

Er, yes, he uses it for his nutrient solutions, but I meant feeding straight R/O.
Also:
  1. Jack says he uses a cal/mag product to "pre-charge" the media, but it's unclear as to whether that happened using H16 + Aptus, et al, especially as he states that other additives should be omitted. (Possible bias from "broken in" beds?)
  2. Jack switched away from the full Aptus line, despite claiming it's the best yield he's ever had (in conjunction with H16, but not dropping H16); what's up with that? Better ratio of cost per gram going back to MOAB, et al, despite what sounds like lower quality?

slumdog80

slumdog80

If are you asking about him using straight RO for flush or charging, then no. If I remember correctly
he cuts down to 1/4 or 1/2 strength and enzymes for flush.

I usually start with a full nute line at recommended strengths then work backwards to see what I can
get away with not using. He makes a lot of changes to a lot of different rooms, it's hard to keep up with
out bugging him with not that important questions.

Top Bottom