Jacks 3-2-1 In Coco.

• Thread starter scubascrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

Going to try out Jack's Professional 5-11-26, calcium nitrate and epsom. anyone else use this?

scubascrog

scubascrog

its just too cheap to not try. i do have extra map and potassium laying around for some pk boosting

DGP

DGP

I ordered some a few days back, going to take a run at it and see how it does. I am sick of the General Hydro- Scott's-Monsanto thing not to mention the dyes that make it hard to judge root color. Now that they are owned by Scott's I don't trust em.

I am going to start with the 321 formula and see how it goes.

Dee

DGP

DGP

My only question now is (in week 1 of visible flower): Do I just make the switch or finish this run with GH 3 part and switch next run. I am kind of getting to a point where I hate to change anything if I don't have a compelling need yet......

Dee

xavier7995

xavier7995

I run jacks, it is pretty great. You may or may not need Epsom, jacks has a lot in there and it should suffice for most strains but I have had a few that needed more. My veg formula is a half teaspoon of the jacks and a half teaspoon of calnit per gallon of water. I taper the calnit down starting week 2 of flower and dropping it totally by week 7 or so (careful doing this...i faded a few plants early last round as I thought they were going to be 9 rather than 11 weeks). I don't think I will be pk boosting anymore, quality was better without.

Dgp, you can go either way but might as well finish off the GH, no point leaving half full bottles around.

I found this to be helpful, it is a bunch of different mixes using various jacks products: http://www.centennialseeds.com/category/fertilizer-formulation-for-cannabis/

DGP

DGP

I run jacks, it is pretty great. You may or may not need Epsom, jacks has a lot in there and it should suffice for most strains but I have had a few that needed more. My veg formula is a half teaspoon of the jacks and a half teaspoon of calnit per gallon of water. I taper the calnit down starting week 2 of flower and dropping it totally by week 7 or so (careful doing this...i faded a few plants early last round as I thought they were going to be 9 rather than 11 weeks). I don't think I will be pk boosting anymore, quality was better without.

Dgp, you can go either way but might as well finish off the GH, no point leaving half full bottles around.

I found this to be helpful, it is a bunch of different mixes using various jacks products: http://www.centennialseeds.com/category/fertilizer-formulation-for-cannabis/

Thanks for the advice and the link. I am looking forward to a simpler, much less costly way to feed the plants.

I like the 321 philosophy but it seems to me with cannabis it might matter to change the proportions as the plants move through flower but Idk, some commercial growers claim to go straight through the cycle at the same mix. If I think about the soil conditions plants see in a natural setting, I am wondering if the nute concentrations change much during the grow cycle. I suppose N is restored during the off season (fallow) and maybe are higher at the season start and as it gets utilized maybe the N levels drop making shift to a higher ratio of P & K.

Dee

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

Thanks for the advice and the link. I am looking forward to a simpler, much less costly way to feed the plants.

I like the 321 philosophy but it seems to me with cannabis it might matter to change the proportions as the plants move through flower but Idk, some commercial growers claim to go straight through the cycle at the same mix. If I think about the soil conditions plants see in a natural setting, I am wondering if the nute concentrations change much during the grow cycle. I suppose N is restored during the off season (fallow) and maybe are higher at the season start and as it gets utilized maybe the levels drop.

Dee

I do adjust during the lifecycle, mostly it is just feeding higher levels of N during veg and dropping it during flower. That said, most of the people that kill it using jacks are just feeding a standard low ppm mix for the life of the plant. Less is more and all that jazz, do not feed heavy with jacks or you get a bad end product, it is less forgiving than many lines in that sense.

DGP

DGP

For me I think low concentrations will work as I am actually in deep water under current and this system seems quite efficient. In the current grow I rarely go over 600ppm because the plants immediately tell me they are getting too much within a couple days (yellow tips and tips starting to point down). So, now I stay just under that point throughout the cycle and I just adjust based on that feedback.

Good grief the dosage suggestions most canna nutes come with just seem to be 2X what the plants need. The GH suggested dosage would kill my plants every time. I often wonder how many fewer "Help!" threads would be posted if nute vendors weren't doing this.

I like seeing a nute vendor just making a solid product without all the hype. I just F'ing hate the canna nute marketing.....Bloom Candy, Mega this or that , Monster this or that, "Blows your shit up" and all. Seems like the more I see the bright labels and marketing word-smithing the more I want to run away from those products.

Dee

xavier7995

xavier7995

MY MAN!!!!!

You are fully in good shape to start using the jacks. 600 to 750 ppm is great. I am 100% on board regarding cannabis nutrient companies. I don't buy it if it looks to be targeting weed growers, that was a big attraction to jacks for me. Those products and lines are fine to learn with, but are simply a waste of money once you get a bit of understanding of plant nutrition, as I only have a bit:eyepiece:

scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah I notices that when I started going with RAW solubles my last run so much cheaper buying powders, unfortunately they were autos and finished faster than expected so I didnt get a flush. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HORRIBLE lol

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I run jacks in coco but i dont use the 321. Having really good results with it. I use a formula pretty close to what capulator was running. You may be able to find here on the farm. I found that 3-2-1 was to hot of mix for me. My ppm stay around 580 all the way through veg to bloom

scubascrog

scubascrog

I run jacks in coco but i dont use the 321. Having really good results with it. I use a formula pretty close to what capulator was running. You may be able to find here on the farm. I found that 3-2-1 was to hot of mix for me. My ppm stay around 580 all the way through veg to bloom
he says he only gets up to 75 percent strength in the heat of flower, 25 percent for seeds and 50 percent when they get 4 to 6 inches

NotaRasta

NotaRasta

he says he only gets up to 75 percent strength in the heat of flower, 25 percent for seeds and 50 percent when they get 4 to 6 inches
That seems about right. I wrote down the ratios i mix it at. When i get home ill post it.

scubascrog

scubascrog

nice nice they look perfect! Its good to see mainlining under t5... the way its supposed to be done ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom