Jack's/peters Hydroponic In Undercurrent

• Thread starter MurderVille
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MurderVille

MurderVille

I'm starting this thread to help shine some light on the correct Recipe information for Jack's/Peters Hydroponic in the Undercurrent DWC system.

After reading an entire thread of 73+ pages about using Jacks/Peters Hydroponic on this forum, it still left me scratching my head with few concrete answers. Instead of just throwing in the towel and heading back to the hydro store for an overpriced bottle of magic, I decided to purchase Jack's Hydroponic and CaNO3 and throw caution to the wind.

With so much information being offered by many, I quickly learned that much of it is not geared toward the undercurrent system, and further, few people actually know how to consistently harvest using this undercurrent method.

Low EC, High EC, deficiency, toxicity, low ph and high ph...there are enough methods and opinions out there to leave you pulling your hair out as you watch your harvests quickly diminish due to non-proper methods and poor plant nutrition..I have read and have actually seen people alleging to have success in all of those given scenarios above. As a result, I have followed and attempted these theories but have never had the consistent level of production that I was after. Until now.

After talking to Current Culture reps and technical advisors there, and a few others, I was constantly told to run a lower EC, and when I tell you I never had success with that method, it is a F*%KIN understatement. Statements like these had me chasing my tail around going crazy for far too long.

Undercurrent systems are said to be extremely efficient, but I don't care how efficient it is, it cannot change a plants nutrient profile/nutritional requirements just for the sake of increased availability of elements in the root zone. The plants we grow have specific nutrient profiles with tolerable ranges of each micro and macro element, so to believe that the undercurrent system is so efficient that it will allow for low ECs, is essentially saying that these plants no longer have the same nutritional needs. Does this claim make sense scientifically? I think not.

Assuming that undercurrent systems are efficient and allow for the plants easy uptake of nutrition through the roots, then let us create a nutrient profile based on the minimum requirements using Jack’s/Peters Hydroponic.

Using the “Nutrient Solution Composition” chart at the bottom of page 304 in Jorge Cervantes book “Marijuana Horticulture - The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible” you can see the basis for this formula. In order to give your plants 98% of your plants minimum requirement, the dosage instructions will be:

100% SOLUTION FORMULA

3.7 grams/gallon of Jack’s/Peters Hydroponic and
2.44 grams/gallon of CaNO3

This formulation delivers everything your plant will need with a slightly lesser dosage of nitrogen. The EC of this formulation comes in at 2.0 which seems high for undercurrent, however, it is exactly what the plants require based on the plants NUTRIENT PROFILE.

DO NOT USE THIS 100% SOLUTION ON SMALL OR IMMATURE PLANTS AS YOU RISK FAILURE DOING SO. ALWAYS DILUTE BASED ON PLANTS STAGE OF GROWTH.

A

agent dank

These are the instructions on Jacks website. 3.7g mix 2.44g cano3.

This comes out to 1.3 EC though.

A

agent dank

Ive also been having issues with it in DWC. Im getting yellow tips and people were saying im running too hot at 1.8EC when the EC is dropping. I also dont want to increase feed since im already at 1.8EC but theae tips are still yellowing and its worsening.

MurderVille

MurderVille

Ive also been having issues with it in DWC. Im getting yellow tips and people were saying im running too hot at 1.8EC when the EC is dropping. I also dont want to increase feed since im already at 1.8EC but theae tips are still yellowing and its worsening.

What strains are you running?

It sounds like an uptake issue. How do your roots look?

Whatever is happening now has little to do with your EC being high. I have had my EC much higher with hungry plants with no adverse effects.

A

agent dank

Bodhi Mountain Temple

Roots look fine. I mean they have been whiter, but not bad. Slight yellowing on older growth, but mostly white, firm and sterile feeling not slimey or mushy.

SAM 3350

MurderVille

MurderVille

The purpose of me writing this post was due to all of the misinformation that is out there, particularly for DWC/Undercurrent.

Though I have not seen your plants, your roots look excellent so my assumption is that they are deficient, and NOT salt toxic. Try slowly increasing their feed and see what happens. If your plants start twisting then reduce, but I know that will not be the case.

It is hard to let go after reading all that you have before landing here at this thread. I have been in that same boat as you, and had to jump out of it without a life preserver for greener pastures.

The nutrient mix I use now is actually hotter than whats in my original post. Right now I'm at about 3.0 EC. As I stated earlier, its about elemental ppm and NOT EC. Once i grasped this concept and stopped babysitting my BlueLab EC pen is when I began controlling my grow, and more importantly, my results.

A

agent dank

My flowering room sorted itself out, I just changed my ratios around to what I was using before.

I understand why you created this thread. I was just saying I ran into issues feeding at this ratio Jacks has.

These are the yellow tips I was talking about. Only on its growing tip. Its at 1.0EC of feed.

SAM 3349

It progresses to this marginal and then interveinal yellowing.
SAM 3318

Almost looks like Mg but its on the top,of the plant.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My flowering room sorted itself out, I just changed my ratios around to what I was using before.

I understand why you created this thread. I was just saying I ran into issues feeding at this ratio Jacks has.

These are the yellow tips I was talking about. Only on its growing tip. Its at 1.0EC of feed.

View attachment 658004

It progresses to this marginal and then interveinal yellowing.
View attachment 658005
Almost looks like Mg but its on the top,of the plant.
Good thread ... subbed

A

agent dank

I usually get burn past 1.8EC.

But hey everyones garden is different and it has a lot to do with how much water the plant is drinking to stay hydrated in its particular environment.

Some have said they feed seedlings 1.5EC. I dont get how. Anytime I feed my seeds more than 0.3EC they freak out.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I fed autos 1.0 Ec 7 days old... but my Temps were low 75 and rh was good and I have auto top off for my system that feeds just plain ro... so I don't have to worry about it raising or spiking any higher. One seedling was a Lil fussy but she came around after awhile..
My feed is only in reality .7... The rest is pH up/down , and starting EC of ro water... which makes it 1.0

MurderVille

MurderVille

The new photos look like a deficiency and not salt toxicity. Based on elemental ppm, you should not worry about salt burn at that EC because you are not giving your plant any where near toxic levels of any element at that EC.

At the recommended feeding rate from Jacks, you are meeting most of your plants minimum requirements for all necessary elements.

This fact is what makes Jack's/Peters a GREAT BASE NUTRIENT! To fully dial in your plants feeding requirement, you will need a few additional salts to meet all minimum requirements. However, without adding additional salts, you will still have a good end product.

Refer to the grow bible, or any elemental breakdown of the canibus plant, all of your answers lie there once you understand elemental ppm.

Since learning these concepts I've since realized many harsh misconceptions that have been put out there in the name of profit. Another interesting find has been how much food small plants can handle....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The new photos look like a deficiency and not salt toxicity. Based on elemental ppm, you should not worry about salt burn at that EC because you are not giving your plant any where near toxic levels of any element at that EC.

At the recommended feeding rate from Jacks, you are meeting most of your plants minimum requirements for all necessary elements.

This fact is what makes Jack's/Peters a GREAT BASE NUTRIENT! To fully dial in your plants feeding requirement, you will need a few additional salts to meet all minimum requirements. However, without adding additional salts, you will still have a good end product.

Refer to the grow bible, or any elemental breakdown of the canibus plant, all of your answers lie there once you understand elemental ppm.

Since learning these concepts I've since realized many harsh misconceptions that have been put out there in the name of profit. Another interesting find has been how much food small plants can handle....
Let see what you working with brother! I'm interested in listening and following along.. on what you got to say..
What exact system you got?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm starting this thread to help shine some light on the correct Recipe information for Jack's/Peters Hydroponic in the Undercurrent DWC system.

After reading an entire thread of 73+ pages about using Jacks/Peters Hydroponic on this forum, it still left me scratching my head with few concrete answers. Instead of just throwing in the towel and heading back to the hydro store for an overpriced bottle of magic, I decided to purchase Jack's Hydroponic and CaNO3 and throw caution to the wind.

With so much information being offered by many, I quickly learned that much of it is not geared toward the undercurrent system, and further, few people actually know how to consistently harvest using this undercurrent method.

Low EC, High EC, deficiency, toxicity, low ph and high ph...there are enough methods and opinions out there to leave you pulling your hair out as you watch your harvests quickly diminish due to non-proper methods and poor plant nutrition..I have read and have actually seen people alleging to have success in all of those given scenarios above. As a result, I have followed and attempted these theories but have never had the consistent level of production that I was after. Until now.

After talking to Current Culture reps and technical advisors there, and a few others, I was constantly told to run a lower EC, and when I tell you I never had success with that method, it is a F*%KIN understatement. Statements like these had me chasing my tail around going crazy for far too long.

Undercurrent systems are said to be extremely efficient, but I don't care how efficient it is, it cannot change a plants nutrient profile/nutritional requirements just for the sake of increased availability of elements in the root zone. The plants we grow have specific nutrient profiles with tolerable ranges of each micro and macro element, so to believe that the undercurrent system is so efficient that it will allow for low ECs, is essentially saying that these plants no longer have the same nutritional needs. Does this claim make sense scientifically? I think not.

Assuming that undercurrent systems are efficient and allow for the plants easy uptake of nutrition through the roots, then let us create a nutrient profile based on the minimum requirements using Jack’s/Peters Hydroponic.

Using the “Nutrient Solution Composition” chart at the bottom of page 304 in Jorge Cervantes book “Marijuana Horticulture - The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible” you can see the basis for this formula. In order to give your plants 98% of your plants minimum requirement, the dosage instructions will be:

100% SOLUTION FORMULA

3.7 grams/gallon of Jack’s/Peters Hydroponic and
2.44 grams/gallon of CaNO3

This formulation delivers everything your plant will need with a slightly lesser dosage of nitrogen. The EC of this formulation comes in at 2.0 which seems high for undercurrent, however, it is exactly what the plants require based on the plants NUTRIENT PROFILE.

DO NOT USE THIS 100% SOLUTION ON SMALL OR IMMATURE PLANTS AS YOU RISK FAILURE DOING SO. ALWAYS DILUTE BASED ON PLANTS STAGE OF GROWTH.
Give me prices on what it costs compared to say using something like Gh Grow and bloom...

A

agent dank

.02 cents a gallon at full strength (2.0EC) is what I worked out so 1.5 cents a gallon at 1.5EC.

This was with a 25lb bag yara brand calcium nitrate and chem-gro brand 5-11-26, a 5lb bag of MKP, an 8lb bag of epsom all cost me less than a hundred. Does over 5000gallons.

MurderVille

MurderVille

Let see what you working with brother! I'm interested in listening and following along.. on what you got to say..
What exact system you got?

I run a custom under current that I designed and built. I come from a lifetime of aquariums so I was intrigued with water, and the promise of low EC concentrations resulting in less money spent.

I run a perpetual system and after a ton of R&D (research and development) I've finally got my system to a point of consistency and ease of use.

Its funny though, I learned about these sites far too late, could have saved me some pain...

MurderVille

MurderVille

.02 cents a gallon at full strength (2.0EC) is what I worked out so 1.5 cents a gallon at 1.5EC.

This was with a 25lb bag yara brand calcium nitrate and chem-gro brand 5-11-26, a 5lb bag of MKP, an 8lb bag of epsom all cost me less than a hundred. Does over 5000gallons.

It all depends on whats available to you as far as pricing is concerned, but once you know what it will cost to get the salt, then it is just a matter of how often you flush and refill based on the amount of water to fill your system.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Awesome.. it's cool to meet others that rdwc, or under current.... Most of the guys here I bullshit with use soil or coco. ..
I'm usually like dang soil takes a lot of work and their like hydro is so confusing..
It's actually pretty simple. It's more about trying to stay inside certain parameters. ..

Latest posts

Top Bottom