Jack's Under Current Grow 60 x 1000 watts 20 tons of AC and some CO2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cofi

Is this room in a basement? If so, are there any preventative methods that can be used before construction starts as far as spraying to prevent mold, bugs, or other issues? I am going to grow in my basement (Michigan) now that I have my Medical card and authorized to posses 12 plants by State law and I want to do all of the construction right the 1st time. Should I put a vapor barrier on the basement walls before I install the studs/drywall? Right now I have exposed floor joists is it necessary or recommended to install drywall for ceiling or at least drop ceiling? Thanks.

he used green board(anti mold drywall) home depot also sells anti mold paint for bathrooms

j wizzle

j wizzle

This man is exactly right, I spent about 5 grand to get all my ducks in a row with a mutual benefit non profit corporation as well as 4 or 5 other permits and licenses that the state deem necessary. It’s all on the up and up as far as the state in concerned. All they want is there tax money they could give a rats ass what you grow so long as they get theirs.

i think some people just dont have an understanding about this aspect. these huge grows arent people who just decided to rent/buy a warehouse and put a bunch of plants in there.

all the co-ops have a lawyer telling them whats right and whats wrong and we try to stay within the laws at all times. as long as youre under the 99 fed limit, you can defend yourself in court.

jack, again, simply amazing. im going small scale UC xl 8 to test out the system, but want to get up to your scale ASAP.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
So far so good trying to decide on when to flip going to wait until Sunday and see where there at that will make it 3 weeks of veg... I think I will go one more but I will wait until Sunday and see...I will put together my Bloom nutes this weekend going with CANA as my base and mixin in a few others...Its pretty ridiculous how easy this system is to run way easier then anything I have done up to this point,:boogie: One thing I have found is the pond master 100 that I have mounted in a seperate room is not abel to produce enough air to my liking If they where next to the unit they woulod be perfecet but mine are at least 20 feet away so I purchased 2 x Hi Blow 200 I hooked it up for a minute and holy shit its going to kick some serious bubbels ...JACK

R

RMCG

One thing I have found is the pond master 100 that I have mounted in a seperate room is not abel to produce enough air to my liking If they where next to the unit they woulod be perfecet but mine are at least 20 feet away so I purchased 2 x Hi Blow 200 I hooked it up for a minute and holy shit its going to kick some serious bubbels ...JACK

If you are looking for bubbles, look at a regenerative blower vs the HiBlows. 50+ vs 10+ cfm.

M

mcattak

So far so good trying to decide on when to flip going to wait until Sunday and see where there at that will make it 3 weeks of veg... I think I will go one more but I will wait until Sunday and see...I will put together my Bloom nutes this weekend going with CANA as my base and mixin in a few others...Its pretty ridiculous how easy this system is to run way easier then anything I have done up to this point,:boogie: One thing I have found is the pond master 100 that I have mounted in a seperate room is not abel to produce enough air to my liking If they where next to the unit they woulod be perfecet but mine are at least 20 feet away so I purchased 2 x Hi Blow 200 I hooked it up for a minute and holy shit its going to kick some serious bubbels ...JACK

Cant wait to see some new pics....My ecoplus has a snorkel that I can run 3/4 inch tubing outside the room for the fresh air...

Sounds like you got the air pump figured out...

mc

G

greenthum

? about are system UC

hi u dont no me but I have the same system but I made min the only diff, is that my buckets are whit any ways my ? was how is the maintens how are dose the real system clean up do u wipe down buckets or fill up with blech n water n rince what is ur way Im runing 3 16site uc systems with 9000 watts of light do u think that me runing a good ac unit and co2 and keeping my room at 70 72'f will i get away with out needing a chiller wont the water ajust to the room temp thanx for ur time ur grow looks grate:joint:

M

max_well

Hi-Blow 200

Hey Jack
Amazing work bro.
I'm curious about running the air pumps externally ... is this to avoid pumping enhanced co2 levels into the root zone? I looked up the specs on the Hi-Blow 200 and they are some serious pumps: ~400watts and put out up to 10 cfm. Are you concerned that this compromises the sealed nature of the grow, as presumably this air pumped in from neighboring space displaces room air?
thanks for your thoughts
Max

K

Kpezzy

hi u dont no me but I have the same system but I made min the only diff, is that my buckets are whit any ways my ? was how is the maintens how are dose the real system clean up do u wipe down buckets or fill up with blech n water n rince what is ur way Im runing 3 16site uc systems with 9000 watts of light do u think that me runing a good ac unit and co2 and keeping my room at 70 72'f will i get away with out needing a chiller wont the water ajust to the room temp thanx for ur time ur grow looks grate:joint:

If you don't have a chiller with this system you will not have a successful grow, the plants will not make it, the room temp has nothing to do with it, the roots put out heat

j wizzle

j wizzle

Hey Jack
Amazing work bro.
I'm curious about running the air pumps externally ... is this to avoid pumping enhanced co2 levels into the root zone? I looked up the specs on the Hi-Blow 200 and they are some serious pumps: ~400watts and put out up to 10 cfm. Are you concerned that this compromises the sealed nature of the grow, as presumably this air pumped in from neighboring space displaces room air?
thanks for your thoughts
Max

im not jack, but yes, you dont want to put co2 into your roots.

the room will be exhausting air all the time, so its not like the room has the same internal air the entire grow. its sealed as in, its a controlled room. air is coming in and going out all the time

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Root zone temps

Ambient room temp has everything to do with water temps in the system. Pumps can also contribute a fair amount of heat into the nutrient solution so a chiller will help optimize plant performance.

Water temps will usually mirror room temps within 1 or 2 degrees F so be thoughtful when you rock water culture.

BTW...keeping water temps between 65-70F will help ensure optimum dissolved oxygen levels as well as keep pathogenic out breaks in check so keep that solution cool.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My partner has been growing for over a year with aeroponics and just could not get Grade A buds. His rez temps were up to 75-77; and he frequently lost plants to pythium (root rot). After months of persuasion, he finally conceded that his water temps were too high, but he was NOT going to spend $500 on a chiller or go thru the time and effort of moving the reservoirs outside the garden.
Long story short, I helped him build a chiller for his grow, for a grand total of less than $250. We bought a small chest freezer from Home Depot, 50 ft of quality flexible half-inch water line, and a 400gph pump for each of his reservoirs. I'll grab some photos this weekend and do a DIY chiller thread. His plants are loving it.

I

Ideal303

if your going to spend the money on a UC system buy a chiller.. no point in spending all your time and money on something and have it go wrong because you didn't get a chiller right?

Top Bottom