Jack's Under Current Grow 60 x 1000 watts 20 tons of AC and some CO2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Inuit

Hey Jack,

Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

One thing though, those UV lights are bad to look at directly, or to have shine on open skin directly. Just FYI, don't want you developing eye issues from looking in your ducts, lol

Be safe

I

D

DrGoodMeds

Jack,

What a great thread, thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

There is one part I don't understand. If you are running a flip flop then I assume you have 30 ballasts to run 60 lights. If that is the case, how can you veg in those rooms? Do you go 18/18 and then switch to 12/12?? Let me know if I am missing something...

Much appreciated Jack and great work!

-DGM

S

Socachi

With 13 days of veg those things look amazing. You not only have an impressive setup but your plants are too.

L

LEBDOG

Something to hold your forest up...

This entire grow using the Undercurrent System in pioneering in it's tech, but I am very eager to see how you deal with containing these monsters. I see the tomato rack setup on the 1 bucket, but I don't think they will be sufficient, I think you will be taller and wider than those tomato racks provide for. Those are the stock ones from home depot?

My friend special orders some wider ones from home depot for his forest, but you will dwarf him with this setup. I noticed badfish used a lot of hanging ties, like a zillion, but they seemed messy and a lot of work. I just don't know how best to handle your tall branches I expect.

I am wondering if you may run long 2 lengths of PVC down (left and right) of each row of pots (intermediary support along the way). Then you can tie up some (several botanicare 4x8 or custom or whatever) trellis between the PVC lengths giving the plants something to lean on. You could have like 2 or 3 different height trellis runs going if you need it. This will be a lot less work than those strings badfish used. At harvest, just cut the cheap trellis and leave everything else for the next run.

That's my 2 cents on this Easter Sunday!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
nice work jack your attention to detail is staggering, i mean you dont miss a beat bro. good job. Uv light to kill mold all you need to do know is make a program that you can run this from a labtop the whole grow. i just set one up linked with cameras at a new spot i can look and make sure no ones gone there or been snooping around. before i venture

M

MedicalINFO

Is that a UV light in your ac return, if so how big is the light and how big is your ac?

Have you been recycling the water that comes off your ac?

thanks

T

tcurtiss

nice work jack your attention to detail is staggering, i mean you dont miss a beat bro. good job. Uv light to kill mold all you need to do know is make a program that you can run this from a labtop the whole grow. i just set one up linked with cameras at a new spot i can look and make sure no ones gone there or been snooping around. before i venture

With new technology I can view my web cams from just about anywhere via Iphone

It's a wonderful thing when it works properly

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Hey jack, they are looking stellar bro, I love the side by side, show how retardly fast these system work. I feel like a fool for ever dealing with rockwool and coco.

whats your method of vegging going to be? Looks like your running the rooms a month apart,which I do and I love it,

I take cuts the day i flip, 3 wks later they are rooted and I start them Under tek5, 2 wks later I move them to a tent under a 1000w, 3wks later I transplant into the buckets for a wk or two more veg.

I little something I noticed that vegging under vertical makes a super stout branchy plant, but it seems to take longer to get the plant to grow up. So i started veggin with overhead until they are 2ft-3ft then hit them with the vertical once they get into the buckets
I am setting up 32 site under current system for veg they will be vegged in the under current system then placed in the big rooms thats my project for this week :joint:...
Hey Jack,

Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

One thing though, those UV lights are bad to look at directly, or to have shine on open skin directly. Just FYI, don't want you developing eye issues from looking in your ducts, lol

Be safe
I am aware of the hazards of UV light I use cutting goggels when I work in the room...JACK
I

Jack,

What a great thread, thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

There is one part I don't understand. If you are running a flip flop then I assume you have 30 ballasts to run 60 lights. If that is the case, how can you veg in those rooms? Do you go 18/18 and then switch to 12/12?? Let me know if I am missing something...

Much appreciated Jack and great work!

-DGM
Half the lights are used in veg there is no need to run all the lights in veg its way over kill so I will run 15 k in veg in each room this run its 30 k in veg....JACK
This entire grow using the Undercurrent System in pioneering in it's tech, but I am very eager to see how you deal with containing these monsters. I see the tomato rack setup on the 1 bucket, but I don't think they will be sufficient, I think you will be taller and wider than those tomato racks provide for. Those are the stock ones from home depot?

My friend special orders some wider ones from home depot for his forest, but you will dwarf him with this setup. I noticed badfish used a lot of hanging ties, like a zillion, but they seemed messy and a lot of work. I just don't know how best to handle your tall branches I expect.

I am wondering if you may run long 2 lengths of PVC down (left and right) of each row of pots (intermediary support along the way). Then you can tie up some (several botanicare 4x8 or custom or whatever) trellis between the PVC lengths giving the plants something to lean on. You could have like 2 or 3 different height trellis runs going if you need it. This will be a lot less work than those strings badfish used. At harvest, just cut the cheap trellis and leave everything else for the next run.

That's my 2 cents on this Easter Sunday!
No worries LEBDOG Im going to use both tomatoe cages and also wrap the outside of the plant with wire mesh..If need be I will trellis also its hard to trellis with vertical lighting but I will come up with something super trick and clean of course...JACK
Working on the cameras they will go along side the inteladoser system should be in tommorow...Thanks Kid Twist...JACK
Is that a UV light in your ac return, if so how big is the light and how big is your ac?

Have you been recycling the water that comes off your ac?

thanks

Um all the info you are looking for is in this thread :shake...JACK................... Going to hit up Chemdog and ask him if they named Chemdog #4 X Deap Chunk this dream cross needs a name I was thinking..... 4 DEEP or CHEM DEEP any one got some suggestions :joint: :party0042:..JACK

J

Juzam

What are you using for a flip? I haven't found anything compatible with the MLC24 so the nowirenuts option was going to be my next option. Would prefer to add the flip as I already have the 24's.

Anything you'd do different yet? Even after a few I always find myself thinking I should have changed something.

C

chief greenleaf

What up Jack, just finished readin thru the thread man. I remember watchin your first grow at RIU and bein amazed at how well you did but this is just too much man! Its incredibe how fast youve progressed, shits lookin very nice man congrats!
Sorry ta hear about your father man, my papaw was recently diagnosed w/cancer and the chemo/radiation has made him 10x worse. But Ive got a small grow goin to produce some of Rick Simpsons oil and the Marinol has been helpin some so Im thinkin this oil should work a lot better. When people get that damn sick somethin as simple as bein able ta eat makes such a huge difference ya know.
Anyway just wanted ta say whats up, youre doin a great thing for the community man. I wish ya the best of luck!

C

Casper

I think that RDWC is great for first timers but I personally wouldn't try and emulate Jack's grow on my first run, this is no amateur setup casper, alot can go wrong with a setup this large, why not try a scaled down ver. for your first grow so you can get the hang of the uc system before you go big...KPZ

Definetly smaller scale for me. I want to emulate the cleanliness and professionalism of the room construction itself though!

C

cofi

Just wondering what you spent in lumber and drywall? i would have pmd you but i am under the 50 limit.....

S

Socachi

Well Jack I've been thru this thread again for the 3rd time and I must say your electrical and ac skills really shine. And for only rowing for a year and to have advanced this far, you have learned well my man. I'm now going to try and find your previous grows and see where you started. Is your 1st one on here?

By the way since you use parabolics along with the vert why not use those adjust a wings I hear of. They say it has a large footprint and great penetration?

If your other grows aren't on here please post a link. Thanks Socachi

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
"4 DEEP" I love it
Nice me to....:banana:
What are you using for a flip? I haven't found anything compatible with the MLC24 so the nowirenuts option was going to be my next option. Would prefer to add the flip as I already have the 24's.

Anything you'd do different yet? Even after a few I always find myself thinking I should have changed something.
Custom flip panel..And I will let you know what I would do different so far I am more then happy with everything...
OH me Likey...:afroweed:
Just wondering what you spent in lumber and drywall? i would have pmd you but i am under the 50 limit.....
Lumber, paint, dry wall and insulation where rite around 5 k...
Man your going to make me go through 25 pages..no thanks
Im not going to make you do anything...:fubar Your asking for the size of the ac when its been talked about on almost every page including the title of the thread lets see 2 rooms 60 x 1000 watts and 20 tons of ac, This room is burning 30 k that makes 10 tons of ac...Get the fuck out of here sorry I cant cater to your ass..
Well Jack I've been thru this thread again for the 3rd time and I must say your electrical and ac skills really shine. And for only rowing for a year and to have advanced this far, you have learned well my man. I'm now going to try and find your previous grows and see where you started. Is your 1st one on here?

By the way since you use parabolics along with the vert why not use those adjust a wings I hear of. They say it has a large footprint and great penetration?

If your other grows aren't on here please post a link. Thanks Socachi
I have used and have adjust a wings just wanted to give these a try the over head lighting is only there for the transition period where the plants could go into shock after the first 7 to 10 days its all vertical...Here are the links to my previous grows thanks Bro Jack.... :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

T

TyKaycha

Im not going to make you do anything...:fubar Your asking for the size of the ac when its been talked about on almost every page including the title of the thread lets see 2 rooms 60 x 1000 watts and 20 tons of ac, This room is burning 30 k that makes 10 tons of ac...Get the fuck out of here sorry I cant cater to your ass...

Oh you had me laughing with this one! It would seem lately that some of the newbies from other forums are finding their way here. I have no problems with newbies but can't stand it when they won't take a little initiative. I must be getting grumpy in my old age....

Top Bottom