Jags Smart Closet Submission

• Thread starter jaguarlax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I spend so much time here anyways its only naturaly to try to keep a log of my progress here. I decided that tents were taking up too much space for me, and I wanted to make the best out of what I had, so I decided to convert my closet. I ordered some Diamond Film to line the walls on the inside. Then sacrificed a tent to create a door. ( I ordered an actual Hatch Door for this, but they were back ordered because of CV19).. I wanted to setup something that I could control remotely and monitor from my phone without spending a ton of money. Setting this up gave me the ability to veg in my 3x3 tent now, and flower in my larger closet which is 5 foot wide and 8 foot tall. So far so good.... I think. I am rather new to growing cannabis, but do have experience growing other stuff which has made the transition easier but any and all suggestions are welcome.

I am running carbon filter exhaust out the top, and have a 6 inch air intake at the bottom to bring in fresh air.

Door.jpg

I am going to add another quantum board instead of the black boxes
Flower11

My first Solo Flower Run
Flower

Air Quality Sensor was less than 30 bucks. Runs on Wifi. I am not sure how precise it is but it clearly reacts when co2 is being added to the room.
co2.jpg

Mercury Smart Outlets, let you put analog items on your smart home hub and operated from google assistant as well. My co2 system is on a timer that turns on/off throughout the day, lights are all on timers etc. I like this setup thus far and haven't had issues. This also tracks kw hours from my LEDS, which is nice.

setup.jpg

Lots of room now for Veg!
veg.jpg

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice work! Good call on the new tent door. HLG sells panels of reflective tent material. I was going to eventually make a curtain from them to enclose a 10 x 10 space in my basement for my next upgrade.

One tip. Remove the carpet from the closet. In an enclosed area it may hide pests or harbor mold.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Nice work! Good call on the new tent door. HLG sells panels of reflective tent material. I was going to eventually make a curtain from them to enclose a 10 x 10 space in my basement for my next upgrade.

One tip. Remove the carpet from the closet. In an enclosed area it may hide pests or harbor mold.

I didnt think of that I was just going to put the film right over. What about the sheet rock? Do you think thats going to be a problem? This film holds moisture in.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I didnt think of that I was just going to put the film right over. What about the sheet rock? Do you think thats going to be a problem? This film holds moisture in.

Well i have sheet rock in my flower room. Its painted flat white. I was afraid to cover with panda film or mylar it would trap moisture behind it. So i guess that's a warning. Painted it has not been a problem.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I didn’t realize how big these first two were until I put them next to this bag seed I have in flower.
Lemon Shining Silver Haze from Royal Queen and Sour Diesel x Afghan from Sensi Seeds.

I wonder how full this closet is gonna get 😅...i have some cataract kush and some gorilla candy right behind them that are supposed to be big..

762120B0 3A44 4DBB 8A8A E8AA762FBA2D
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I got a chance to get some better pictures uploaded... Things seem to be running along smoothly. I got Rhino Skin and some Chitosan in today. I would of liked to get some bud factor x, just because i am ocd and would just rather use the whole line since I am having success with it, but it is getting very expensive. The Rhino Skin (Potassium Silicate) was cheap but Bud Factor X sells for anywhere from 50-100 dollars a liter. I found 10 grams from a hydro store for 10 bucks. Going to try it out but not sure what kind of difference it will make.
N2
Nsmall

With that said, I will probably try to source different nutrients when these are gone. With all the crazyness around, I really need to watch my money. Megacrop was suggested, and intrigues me. Gonna do some more reading.

I pulled the trigger on another quantum board last night. I didnt anticipate so much growth when I had first started this project. So I definately need more coverage. I still have a GG#4 cross from Eva seeds that is supposed to be huge along with some others...
I would also like to back the ballasts off a bit because they are running super hot. As it starts to get hotter in the summer, I think its gonna be trouble. I am getting these from a different retailer than suggested. I know some other guys here use kingbrite, but these guys stock in the US and customer service seems pretty good thus far. They also have easy connectors to work with, and this new version seems to have removed the need for DIY all together... I am not sure if this is a pro or a con yet though... I wanted to get these drivers out of the room , this is gonna make it a bit trickier as I really didnt want to splice cables.

Quan

Wire

I hope that I cant keep training these girls to fit this space.. With the progress just at 24 hours, I can see that I am going to def run out of room. I have panda film and room in the attic, but I know for a fact that bugs can get in up there, and temp is going to continue to be an issue. All this time in quarantine does not help my obsessing LOL
V2
V1
Bud1

View attachment 955615

PS: The Duct Tape is because I mounted my lights like a bonehead the first time. I had a light hanging wire from Ikea that I thought was going to work out... NOPE. Pulled it straight down adjusting the lights and crushed my first flowering plant LMAO.
I lost some branches, but shes bouncing back.. Made some edibles with the broken material and can confirm, this is def cannabis.

I am currently using the frame from a tent, any suggestions for hanging from drywall are welcome.

P1
P2
Last edited:
dusty68

dusty68

I got a chance to get some better pictures uploaded... Things seem to be running along smoothly. I got Rhino Skin and some Chitosan in today. I would of liked to get some bud factor x, just because i am ocd and would just rather use the whole line since I am having success with it, but it is getting very expensive. The Rhino Skin (Potassium Silicate) was cheap but Bud Factor X sells for anywhere from 50-100 dollars a liter. I found 10 grams from a hydro store for 10 bucks. Going to try it out but not sure what kind of difference it will make.View attachment 955611View attachment 955612
With that said, I will probably try to source different nutrients when these are gone. With all the crazyness around, I really need to watch my money. Megacrop was suggested, and intrigues me. Gonna do some more reading.

I pulled the trigger on another quantum board last night. I didnt anticipate so much growth when I had first started this project. So I definately need more coverage. I still have a GG#4 cross from Eva seeds that is supposed to be huge along with some others...
I would also like to back the ballasts off a bit because they are running super hot. As it starts to get hotter in the summer, I think its gonna be trouble. I am getting these from a different retailer than suggested. I know some other guys here use kingbrite, but these guys stock in the US and customer service seems pretty good thus far. They also have easy connectors to work with, and this new version seems to have removed the need for DIY all together... I am not sure if this is a pro or a con yet though... I wanted to get these drivers out of the room , this is gonna make it a bit trickier as I really didnt want to splice cables.

View attachment 955616
View attachment 955619

I hope that I cant keep training these girls to fit this space.. With the progress just at 24 hours, I can see that I am going to def run out of room. I have panda film and room in the attic, but I know for a fact that bugs can get in up there, and temp is going to continue to be an issue. All this time in quarantine does not help my obsessing LOLView attachment 955618View attachment 955617View attachment 955610
View attachment 955615

PS: The Duct Tape is because I mounted my lights like a bonehead the first time. I had a light hanging wire from Ikea that I thought was going to work out... NOPE. Pulled it straight down adjusting the lights and crushed my first flowering plant LMAO.
I lost some branches, but shes bouncing back.. Made some edibles with the broken material and can confirm, this is def cannabis.

I am currently using the frame from a tent, any suggestions for hanging from drywall are welcome.

I know a little bit about mold, construction, and Indoor air quality. Lining and exterior closet wall can be harmful. Interior walls are fine. Unless of course you live in a very dry climate and don't humidify indoors.
Well i have sheet rock in my flower room. Its painted flat white. I was afraid to cover with panda film or mylar it would trap moisture behind it. So i guess that's a warning. Painted it has not been a pr

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Day 3 of flower cycle on the Lemon Haze and Sour Diesel, did some defoliation. Dosed Chitosan. From what I have read about it, I figured now would be a good time. Mixed 5g into half gallon.

Df1

Df2

I also think i am beginning to develop emotional attachment to this Lemon haze particularly. I tried not to hurt her. LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know a little bit about mold, construction, and Indoor air quality. Lining and exterior closet wall can be harmful. Interior walls are fine. Unless of course you live in a very dry climate and don't humidify indoors.

Maybe in a room with no plants and watering. Mold behind reflective coverings in grow rooms is common.

dusty68

dusty68

I apologize, I didn't mean to warn or scare anybody. I just know lining it will cause mold. I was trying to help. Painting is not a concern

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Well if you ever want to learn what NOT to do, just keep coming back here. Bonehead mistake #721... Was LST the Cataract Kush with wire tied to the grow bag. When I picked it up and moved it, I split it right down the stem. No worries though 48 hours later I can see it starting to knuckle up. #ducttapearmy.
Bt1
Dt2

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Well if you ever want to learn what NOT to do, just keep coming back here. Bonehead mistake #721... Was LST the Cataract Kush with wire tied to the grow bag. When I picked it up and moved it, I split it right down the stem. No worries though 48 hours later I can see it starting to knuckle up. #ducttapearmy.
View attachment 955939View attachment 955940
Everything is looking great! Don't beat yourself up too much about spliting her down the middle haha. We have all been there. The duct tape should fix her right up. I have had plants that I topped as teens turn into trees that split down the middle in late flower from the weight of the buds, so the duct tape is probably a necessary precaution anyway. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Shes starting to show off a little today.. I cant say for sure if it was the chitosan or not, but BIG difference in 24 hours. I woke up to the smell of the resin :)

IMG 1393
IMG 1396
IMG 1397
IMG 1398
IMG 1399
Last edited:
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Everything is looking great! Don't beat yourself up too much about spliting her down the middle haha. We have all been there. The duct tape should fix her right up. I have had plants that I topped as teens turn into trees that split down the middle in late flower from the weight of the buds, so the duct tape is probably a necessary precaution anyway. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

thank you. Its funny, this first time it was a catastrophe, the second it wasnt so bad. Im one of those types that has a hard time learning unless that particular bad thing happens to me LOL...

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
this is my only "problem child" so far. Its a Northern Lights Auto from Seedsman. It was the only 1 out of 6 that sprouted. I wonder if its just a bad batch, because everything else in the order has been great so far. Or is it Temps?

Nl1
whitexcloud

whitexcloud

doesn't look happy. could be a bad batch or perhaps it doesnt like the light.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I decided that I was gonna swing for the fences with the Cataract Kush (La Confidential x OG Kush)...Went a head and topped and trained again. I am in no real rush as I have 3 flowering plants already. I keep hatching more babies because I am out of medicine. I know it wont help now, but it sure does make me feel better.
IMG 1430

Topped 2 out of 3 Gorilla Candy. These things are still less than 2 weeks old, but outpacing everything I have seen, including this NL Auto, which I am not impressed with

IMG 1415

IMG 1411

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
This bullshit right here is why I decided to grow my own medicine. 50 dollars an 1/8 for shake, and they have the balls to advertise it. It just keeps getting worse.

AE02A6EF B8B2 44AB B46A 8651C6B02BEF
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I never could understand how people could work sooooo hard for months and months and then cut their buds premature.... well i just ran out of weed in this fuckin quarantine and im starting to understand... Not even babies are safe right now ... jesus take the wheel

IMG 1462
IMG 1475
IMG 1478
Top Bottom