• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Joes grow show pt 1 the coco diaries
hey everybody. This is my first official indoor grow so I thought I'd do a journal and hopefully get some feedback.

Environment-I am Growing 4 GSC's from seed. I am running an iPower 1000w 50% 75% 100% dimmable Ballast with corresponding 1000w MH bulb and will be switching to the 1000w hps closer to flower. It is a wing reflector (not air cooled) in a 10x10 shed. Shed is insulated, aluminum stud frame and completely free of bugs. I am running 2 oscillating fans and have the temperature under control. I live in the Bay Area at sea level so humidity is great

Medium-I am using coco coir with perlite for drainage.

Nutes- I am using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect Sensi Coco Grow part A and B for veg and will use AN sensi coco bloom A and B for flower.

I just gave first VERY light feeding (100ppm) and the pH is kept 6.0-6.4

I look forward to hearing from you guys as this progresses. Here are a few pics. They are at 2 weeks

Joes grow show pt 1 the coco diaries 2
Joes grow show pt 1 the coco diaries 3
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

One thing I left out, I am running on 50% right now but will start gradually raising it very soon as I should be able to control the heat no problem. Just don't want to shock them. They were under 100w cfls for 1 week and 50% 1000w MH for 1 week now. I believe the more light the better as long as heat is controlled

hiboy

hiboy

Keep your PPM very low for at least two weeks you don't want to shock anything that small let them get at least three or 4 inches tall with multiple nodes
Remember less is best with nutrients to a point
Also you probably want to water every day they will dry out very quickly just a small cup full over every root ball
Hb

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Keep your PPM very low for at least two weeks you don't want to shock anything that small let them get at least three or 4 inches tall with multiple nodes
Remember less is best with nutrients to a point
Also you probably want to water every day they will dry out very quickly just a small cup full over every root ball
Hb
Thanks for the advice! You actually answered one of my biggest questions. I gathered that I needed to water every day but how much? I'm glad you shed some light on that for me

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Noticed a little curl on one of the babies new growth. Also appears slightly lighter. It's the second picture. I have temps around 72-80. 65 usually on the thermo gun at the leaves. I water with 250 ppm or so and have the pH between 5.8-6.0. It was exposed to a couple hours of 90+ degrees when a fan died. I dunno. Still looks really healthy just thought I'd see if anyone has an opinion. Thanks!

IMG 2446
IMG 2445
IMG 2447
IMG 2449
IMG 2448
IMG 2450
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Another update. Babies seem to be moving along just fine. I am keeping the same low 250-260 ppm feeding using the sensi Coco a+b. Temps are kept 75-85 with surface temp of leaves 62-70. I have 2 oscillating fans and a small cheap humidifier keeps humidity between 37-47. There is one that is slightly behind but it was stresses when seed first popped and is catching up nicely. Any input is welcome and appreciated. Peace

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What up! Time for an update and hope to get some input on the babies if anybody has any please.
They all have been growing and are really starting to show the growth big time. They all seem to be healthy overall. Just raised ppm a little last night. Now around 550. PH is kept at 5.8-5.9 and comes out between 5.9-6.0. Temps steady between 76 and 81 at most and surface temp with gun is 63-68. Feeding daily about 1.5 liter each. 24 hr light schedule. Using A.N. Sensi Coco A+B. The first plant (first 2 pics and very last pic is a close up) have a little weird curl on the fan leaves and very tiny brown spot and very very slight yellowing. I thought maybe cal/mag but since it was time to up the feeding I went on as planned. Last 2 plant pics are the runt. It was a few days late and had some stress when planted but recovering since then pretty well I think. Overall very happy but any thoughts on any of the babies?? Any input at all is greatly appreciated.

IMG 2475
IMG 2476
IMG 2477
IMG 2478
IMG 2479
IMG 2483
IMG 2484
IMG 2485
IMG 2486
IMG 2489
Farmer P

Farmer P

Look like they're growing pretty good to me. What water and cal-mag are you using? I've read that it's good to have runoff with coco. With those 5 gallon pots and little plants that's not really practical. I'm wondering how that will effect the grow. I think it might be better to start with smaller containers and pot up when needed. Have you checked out Justicemans sticky threads? (sticky to his posts)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Just make sure to keep the rootballs wet it's easy to dry out with such big buckets that's why it's better to start in 1 gallon and work your way up
You might want to give them a little spray every day or every other day
Hb
What do you recommend spraying them with?
Look like they're growing pretty good to me. What water and cal-mag are you using? I've read that it's good to have runoff with coco. With those 5 gallon pots and little plants that's not really practical. I'm wondering how that will effect the grow. I think it might be better to start with smaller containers and pot up when needed. Have you checked out Justicemans sticky threads? (sticky to his posts)
Hmm. That's something to think about. I've heard basically mixed reviews about potting up. The practicality of leaving them in their final home seemed to be the reason I put them in the 5s so soon. Maybe I will have to try potting up next time. No I haven't seen his threads but I def will check them out now. Thanks man. I appreciate the input. That's how I plan on learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom