Joining The Party, First Led Grow In A 2'x3' Tent

• Thread starter M.S.T.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M.S.T.

M.S.T.

First I would like to thank all the pioneers on this forum for paving the way and sharing their hard learned knowledge. It is because of their hard work that I am able to continue my lifestyle and hobby while still keeping a low profile and remaining cost efficient. Thank You
Due to my current situation I am losing my space to grow outside my residence where I ran 2 1k hps. I am forced to go back in to my closet at home where I am not allowed to run HID. Mostly due to power consumption and hyper sensitivity to fire hazard. I am going to use a 2'x3' tent I had laying around to use for seedlings and males once in a while. I decided to get my feet wet with a cheaper prefab chinese made 2 cob Cree cxa 3070 fixture with acrylic lenses by Roleandro. I have not opened it up to take a look at the drivers yet, but it claims 400W. It is run on two seperate drivers that are cooled with heatsinks and fans, draws .5a-1.5a and up to 3 fixtures can be daisy chained together. This one is reading about 3000 foot candles on my hydrofarm light meter at 18" from canopy with about a 1'x2' spread. I plan on adding two more cxb 3590 cobs soon to see how it fills the space. Here are some pics of the tent and light setup. I plan on running these first generation clones from my seedlings of my current and last 2k HID round.
Tenn. purple kush/ Foodog/Chemdog #4/Critical+2.0/4-way/Green Crack . Thanks for looking and feel free to offer up any suggestions/contributions.
Joining the party first led grow in a 2x3 tent
Joining the party first led grow in a 2x3 tent 2
Joining the party first led grow in a 2x3 tent 3
Joining the party first led grow in a 2x3 tent 4

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wow...400 watts on two 3070s...
I have 3590s running at 50 watts each, it just seems like they wouldnt last long that way.
Anxious to see the performance and the surgery when you open it up to see the drivers.
Can I ask where you got it?

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

I bet if you plug that into a volte meter,it's
no where near 400 watts draw bro.
they always say shit like that,when they actually mean 400watt equivalent,or something along those lines.hows it look turned on?hope it goes well pal.
I totally agree that that wattage is BS. That is why I am interested in opening it up and looking at the drivers to see the amperage they are pushing. My girl is also an eletrician, we have just been to busy moving out of the other place to meter it yet. It is bright as shit though, light meter does not lie, Had to move it further from my plants and I believe I stressed them a little bit under that light in coco w/o the right nute mix for brighter light. I transfered them from a 2ft 2 bar T5 and topped them on the same day. Dont really know but they are super locked up.
I will keep every one posted once these babies get a fresh transplant some B1 and a balanced meal. If this light sucks I will try a timber kit or Kind .

keiksweat

keiksweat

I totally agree that that wattage is BS. That is why I am interested in opening it up and looking at the drivers to see the amperage they are pushing. My girl is also an eletrician, we have just been to busy moving out of the other place to meter it yet. It is bright as shit though, light meter does not lie, Had to move it further from my plants and I believe I stressed them a little bit under that light in coco w/o the right nute mix for brighter light. I transfered them from a 2ft 2 bar T5 and topped them on the same day. Dont really know but they are super locked up.
I will keep every one posted once these babies get a fresh transplant some B1 and a balanced meal. If this light sucks I will try a timber kit or Kind .
don't buy kind..same Chinese diodes,more bells n whistles.that panel will still work well bro,stick with it.all I'm saying is,they always exaggerate the power draw.thats why everyone is so confused about led buying....those cobs do amazingly well even when there only run at 35watts each.....most people run them at 50watts each.id say that's probably were yours a ran at.plug it in the meter bro,really curios myself now.lol.

T

terpenous

It looks like this model pulls 125w actual. I'm waiting on the Roleadro COB LED v2, which is supposed to be 200w actual. I'll be using it for a 2' x 4' tent so I don't think I'll be at most optimal ppfd/par levels, but hopefully it'll suffice for veg/bloom.

Good luck!

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

It looks like this model pulls 125w actual. I'm waiting on the Roleadro COB LED v2, which is supposed to be 200w actual. I'll be using it for a 2' x 4' tent so I don't think I'll be at most optimal ppfd/par levels, but hopefully it'll suffice for veg/bloom.

Good luck!
Thanks for the specs, I am in the process of moving, so have not had much time to report on this light, will be back in a week or two.

keiksweat

keiksweat

well I've grown some crazy dankness with two shit mars panels in a 4x8 tent...far from optimal light /par...check out the beginning of my thread,the new spot...tent full of blue cheese...came out really nice.they draw just under 300w each...thats nothing for a tent that size.after that i put a divide down half the tent.tryd again with same two panels in 4x4 space.only 4 plants,bigger pots.came out real nice and more sense...

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

nice light. The drivers are probably rated at 200w each, but each COB is probably running at around 50-75w each for about 100-150w. maybe put it closer to the plants for more effect.

Top Bottom