JPLord Round 2 GDP MPB grow

• Thread starter JPLord01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

I think you will really like the UC's. Sorry to hear about you changing directions, but UC's are just so much easier. I cannot wait to see your UC grow log! :)

JPLord01

JPLord01

Lost I think I'm going to do the Coco thing.My seedling are doing very good I water one time aday for now at 600ppms ph at 5.8. Do you think I should go with 10gl smart
pots? With a drip setup D to W one rez and a waste rez 4x8 table? Or 10gl smart pots
on the floor with a drip set up and a drip plate under the smart pot?

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

hey sorry about your plants they were looking so good. ive had plants rot in undercurrent plenty, just got to keep your game tight ,and dont give up good luck my man!

JPLord01

JPLord01

Its ok the MPB was fun but a lot of work. My plants in coco are doing killler so much easyer. Im growing out some seed for moms I got 3 mom out of 9 seeds 1 mom is what
you look for I will take some photos today when the light comes on. I builted a new veg
room need to paint and put the door on. Im running H&G coco a&b with cal-mag at 500
to 600 ppms ph at 5.7 to 5.9. I got them veging in the flower room now I got the room temp at 75 to 79 with the hum at 60 to 70 % there so happy. My mom are in 7gl Smart pots.I water one time a day with about 15 to 25 % run off.

X

XxShibbyxX

Sucks to hear about the mpbs jp..

Good luck with your coco grow im sure it will do killer!

Im still on my first run with my mpbs vegging so hopefully they turn out ok

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

JP,
Good luck with the coco grow. You gonna do a new log?

Shibby,
Good luck with your MPB's. You should start a log on here too.
Either we can succeed or all go down in flames together.
Either way, you should post up. That way we can all work on mastering this beast together.

-TF

JPLord01

JPLord01

I will do a new log on the coco forum when I get it all up and running. So some photos for you.
01142.JPG
00550.JPG
00446.JPG
02414.JPG
02122.JPG
01627.JPG

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

JP,
your plants look very happy.

I take it that the construction is the room for your new coco girls?

-TF

X

XxShibbyxX

Ive been taking pictures of my progress so far tf.. Id really like to start a log here i had a post going and someone i think ale said something about meta data or something on my pictures i havent figured that out yet and all i have is my iphone to surf the internet. But i do have pictures so as soon as i can i will start a detailed post of my grow :)

Man what happened it went from like 200+ people viewing at one time to like 20... Seems like numbers dropped when cali connection got dropped...

Anyways good luck jp its lookin good so far!

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeah if you took the pictures on your iphone be careful. i think if gps was off when taking the photos you should be good. u can also get a program to delete the meta data just to be sure. would love to see your grow!

4.D.

You throwing in the towel there, JP? No more MPB?

I just don't quite understand how the MPB style could be that much more problematic than an Under Current. They are both RDWC.

First of all trichomefan I gotta say your growroom is amazing.

I had an MPB setup but then decided to go with a diy UC. The UC doesnt have a drain. The drain is where most of your problems manifest imho. Little splashes of nute filled water hit the topside of your drain and the water dries or evaporates while the nutes stay there and form a gunk/film. My partner in crop Comercial just gave his mpb to a friend and there was still bunk in the two drain lines after he pressure washed it.

Lets not forget good old mrdizzle
I think it was dizzle who said to replace the drain lines after every harvest, and dizzle who also bagged an entire run due to root rot, dizzle who went to hempys where he got better yeild with two more weeks veg and no headaches or worrys. (I learned alot from all you mpb guys, thanks dizzle lost etc.)

So I made some MPBs into hempys. And started setting up a uc. The uc is so much simpler no need to raise the system for the res and drain. If you diy with those 27 gallon black yellow totes your getting nearly twice the amount of gallons than the 13 gallon buckets cch2o gives ya.

I dont think it will take very long for the undercurrent section to get substantially larger than the MPB section here at the farm. However if DoubleDs was still actively posting I think there would be some great friendly competition. I always wonder.... DoubleDs said he "sold" his system (although heath paved the way), shortly after undercurrent came out and its pretty much a simplified MPB. Same concept high flow water recirculation and high DO levels. Maybe cch2o improved it making it much more versatile for different grow methods (sog, tree, vert, horiz...)

Sorry to go on a rant JP the blueberry headband and strawberry diesel in a spliff really got me goin. Good luck with your coco they look mighty healthy.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Yes the coco thing is cool Im going to run like 20 plant in 3gl smart pots ten on one side and ten on the other side. 5 high 5 low VSOG.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

JP,
looking forward to your coco adventure.

Shibby,
ale is definitely right. Turn off the gps on the phone for picture taking, and look up a program to fix up the photos you already have. Looking forward to another grow in the MPB party.

4D,
Thanks man, and I agree that the drains can be the achilles heel of the MPB system.

-TF

JPLord01

JPLord01

TF how is your grow going have you flip them yet they look good from what I can see. That sucked that bubble bath you gave them are they ok. Man when you get done with your run you will need to take it all apart the 4in drain line will have gunk in it .
Did you glue it all togeather? And the feeder line will to when I took mine apart there was gunk in the feeder line and the drain line.

cardrack111

cardrack111

if the drains are the problem w/ the mpb's...any ideas on modifying the system? I'm on my 3rd run now... first 2 runs had the rot in one tub. not giving up though, i'm pretty sure a problem free mpb would outperform a UC.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

JP,
I'm just over 3.5 weeks into flower. I did glue all of my pipes. I have been thinking about it, and I am planning to fill my drains by plugging the outlet with consecutive sterilizations. Bleach, H2o2, and then Physan20 for good measure.

JPLord01

JPLord01

I love your setup it is so clean I would put in some clean outs so you can scrub the pipes with a brush to get it all clean. Do you have a end cap if so you could take it off and spray the inside with a power washer this may work.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I could use a power washer shooting down the top of the drain pipes. Good idea JP.
Cleanouts wouldn't really be an option, the way it is set up now. I have another 5 weeks or so before to think on the whole cleaning thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom