Juicing raw leaves/buds....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
entropy99

entropy99

There's some remarkable info in this thread. Keep it coming people, the more the better!

true grit

true grit

indeed keep it coming folks...from the numbers doesnt look super capable at this point, but def something i can play around with in the future!

K

kolah

I just did a day of juicer research and will post detailed findings when I get a min.

Kolah, what parts did you juice and what kind of prep? The leaf juice is definitely nasty, understandable how it could cause GI upset. Did the headaches seem like from psychoactivity, or more akin to an allergy reaction? How well do you tolerate other edible forms?

Sorry, I am not good at following up posts.

I used dried buds. It felt more like a toxic problem, blew oats, head spins, etc. I cut back dosage but it wasn';t much better.
I drink other green drinks (parsely, dandelion, etc) mixed with carrot/apple without probs.

If I eat edibles like brownies, muffies, etc..I have to low dose it big-time. And I am usually high for 6-8 hours. But it is strange because sometimes I feel perfectly normal and then all of sudden the MJ kicks in and floors me. Other times I just want to come down and it keeps kicking in and out. It must have something to do with my absorption or something.

K

kolah

Hey Kolah, were the leaves from when the plant was mature or when it was still vegging or flowering? I noticed that if I smoke or ingest herb that was harvested immaturely (basically clear unripened trichomes) makes me feel panicky and gives me a headache. Wondering if that may have something to do with it?
Hey Kolah, are you doing the Gerson Therapy? wondering how you feel since trying it (pm me if you want). I saw the documentary and found the diet and theories quite interesting.

I have always used mature buds, no leafs or stems. I have heard MJ seeds are packed with goodies though (amino acids, etc)

I went to Mexico and was treated as a Gerson Therapy patient and came home and continued the program for 2 years. It is a kickass program which saved my ass. Basically, it consists of 13 glasses of raw organic juice per day and an all vegan diet. I LOVE meat though...but stuck with the program. Once I got better I slowly reintroduced some meats (as per the gerson docs recommendations)...but only clean stuff and smaller amounts. The other HUGE thing is the coffee enemas...3 times per day! Once you get over the anal-phobic stuff, coffee enemas are vital in detoxing the body. The strict vegan diet kills cancer cells/tumors, etc. If you do not do the coffee enemas to detox your body, the breakdown of the cancer tumors will kill you. I still juice quite a bit and do the coffee enemas about once a week. (and no, you do not die from electrolyte imbalance because of the enemas!) Hell, you are drinking 13 glasses of juice per day which btw are packed with vitamins, potassium, sodium, etc) Plus this is a LOW colonic enema not a high colonic enema...big difference.

When I was diagnosed I refused chemo and radiation. I did have 3 surgeries to remove cancerous tumors but they only came back with a vengeance and worse each time. I was told to get my things in order and say my goodbyes. Fuck them, I signed up with Miss Gerson and I have been in complete remission for over 5 years now. BTW the tumors were in my throat and neck, the surgeons butchered up my vocal cords and they said I would never talk again. After the Gerson Program, I walk AND talk just fine now. It was quite disturbing that I could not find ONE fucking MD to support my decision. When I told them about my results from the Gerson Program they were all uninterested. ALL OF THEM. My MRI's? no signs of cancer, Cat Scan, clean. Blood work? clean as a fucking whistle. And I am better looking now too! That's my short version of the story.

BTW I saw other people get well while I was there and met some friends for life there. The Gerson Program is good for almost any ailments....or you can do a "modified" version just to stay well. The coffee enemas (as crazy as they sound) have a tremendous effect of cleaning up the liver and kick-starting the immune system. Dr. Max Gerson researched and then proved the beneficial effects of lower colonic absorption of the coffee solution and it's powerful effect on liver enzymes.

Lots of jokes stem from the "coffee up-da-ass" protocol. I tell people it made more sense to me to plug a hose in my bunghole and trickle in some warm coffee than it did to stick mustard gas and the likes (chemo) into my bloodstream. Or bombard my cells with cancer-causing radiation. I'll take coffee up the pooper any day.

Cream or sugar? lol jk,,,,,, btw you use black coffee...super strong too.

***do not try this at home...unless you know what you're doing. :)

OK, back on topic! :)

nebulius

nebulius

That's a really inspiring story Kolah, thanks for sharing that. I fortunately haven't had to battle cancer, I have an auto-immune disease where my immune system is attacking all of my joints (from jaw to piggy toe) and slowly breaking down the cartilage in my joints. It's an extremely painful self-destructing disease, but luckily it's not as bad as cancer or other terminal diseases. So I was looking into Gerson for that reason.You have really given me more conviction to try it, thank you.
It really surprises me sometimes how cold Dr's can be. I've met some good ones but I've dealt with a lot more bad ones than good. I can maybe understand them not being able to recommend the Gerson Clinic but when you come back and show them the results and they don't care! That shows how screwed up the system is. You really have to be your own Dr. these days, do your own research, and make your own decisions. It's sad really, trusting in your Dr. can be a fatal mistake. Glad you didn't make that mistake Kolah.

K

kolah

Neb, I bought the Gerson Therapy book and started doing a "light" version of the program before I went down to Mexico. The book gives you specific instructions and is very detailed. I also got B-17 (laetrile) injections and raw calf liver injections as well. I was fortunate to live by an organic slaughterhouse and they gave me fresh raw liver and fresh pancreas for free. I chopped smalls amounts in a blender and downed them raw (as per Gerson).

It sounds like you have RA or something similar. Doing the Gerson Program would do you wonders. Just drinking the juice alone is a cell builder and cell cleanser. No matter what the problem, it must be addressed at the cellular level because all diseases are systemic. Juices and enemas are the two biggies, IMO. PM me if you have questions. Peace!

K

kolah

Thanks, man. After my recovery I was dying to tell others who faced cancer and other serious illnesses about Gerson. I was severely disappointed to see my message fall on deaf ears. People just can not shake their programmed mentality as it was sooo ingrained that somehow chemo and radiation work and that anything else is quackery. When in all reality it is the the extreme opposite. I watched many friends and family members suffer and die at the hands of modern medicine quackery...when I knew there was a REAL cure. It still breaks my heart.

BTW Kolah means "Brother Warrior" in Indian Language. :)

KineBoisin

KineBoisin

I signed up to this site based upon this discussion, as I've been on the raw juicing regime for 4.5 months, and have had remarkable success controlling my auto-immune disease (Psoriatic Arthritis). I thought I'd give my experience with this healing leaf.

I'm trying to ingest 15-20 large fan leaves a day (a handfull), harvesting from live plants in vegetative state that are 2-3 months old, although I have also harvested from full flowering plants in the past. I have found vegetative plants (as long as you have CBD dominant strains) to be effective for this regime. I'd imagine if I was also juicing buds, I'd flower the plants. The key is ingesting raw, not dried cannabis.

I've got a CBD-dominant pheno of Cannatonic as well as a CBD-dom pheno of The Remedy Z7, a private strain from Shantibaba.

I use a masticating juicer, one suitable for stronger fiber plants, like wheatgrass. The brand/style I have is a Kuvings 850. I bought it off the internet for just over $320 CDN.

I also make a fruit/veg juice for my wife and I each morning (non-canna), using carrots, apple, ginger as the base, and adding bits of whatever is lying around the house (melons, grapes, berries, etc...). I'll juice that up first, and keep a couple carrot pieces for the end.

I rough chop and pre-soak my raw cannabis leaves in water 5-10 mins before juicing. I juice the cannabis leaves with the carrot pieces or bits of fruit I've saved from the last step, and add a little splash of the juice I made previously in at the end, just to get all the green goodness I can out.

I usually get about 90-120ml of "green juice", which I then take a shot of roughly 30-50ml, 3x a day, usually around meal times.

I do use a fair amount of leaf to maintain this regime. I intend to grow some big juice mothers outdoors this summer so I can juice up a large batch and make juice ice cubes for longer storage and easier administration.

What has the juice done for me? Its been great in a number of different ways...some related to my disease and some more general health things.

On the general health side of things, I've noticed a lot of skin health improvements, hair health improvements, and I'm pooping like an 18-yr old! :) I've no doubt there are other general improvements "under the hood" but I'm not aware of them.

On the mental health side of things, I've noticed overall calm and and a sense of well-being since being on the regime. I used to sometimes have late-night mind racing, which made it difficult to "gear down" to rest. I've not experienced any of this while on the regime.

On the disease side of things, I've been able to control or minimize flare-ups with much more effectiveness than I have from any of the usually prescribed pharma drugs used in controlling this disease. Areas that have been badly affected, some spots even for years, are showing signs of improvement. One of the things that get badly damaged in this disease are the fingers and toes, as the inflammation sometimes goes rampant, destroying the knuckle joints and nailbeds. Even persistent inflammation like this is going down dramatically, and the Psoriatic Nails are starting to show signs of normal re-growth.

I've been documenting the changes with photos, and some of the differences are remarkable and very visible!

I believe that this regime is controlling my disease at a systemic level...not simply treating the symptoms. I believe many more people with other auto-immune diseases (RA, Chrons, Colitis, Spondylitis, etc...) could benefit greatly from a raw juicing regime.

Questions, comments welcome. I look forward to discussing this with y'all.

K

kolah

Great post Kineboisin and welcome! I fully enjoy hearing about people finding non-traditional solutions to their problems. It is nice to have people take their own personal responsibility instead of going to an MD and saying "fix me, Doc."

Questions: Why do you soak your cannabis before juicing? And, have you been tested for heavy metals? (by blood, urine andor hair samples)

mike hunt

mike hunt

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Mike the Vitamix is pretty cool. A family member has it and I had dinner at her house and she made tomato soup from the garden with the Vitamix. Cool thing about it is that is actually cooks the soup in the mixer! The heat from the motor cooks it. Probably don't want to do that with the cannabis leaves though.

P.S. Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your pops, that must be tough.

Pops is actually doing pretty good at this point, he should be good to go for a while.

I made tomato soup in the Vitamix today, pretty cool! Damn blender spins so fast, that in about 6 minutes, the soup is steaming hot.

KineBoisin

KineBoisin

Thanks, man. After my recovery I was dying to tell others who faced cancer and other serious illnesses about Gerson. I was severely disappointed to see my message fall on deaf ears. People just can not shake their programmed mentality as it was sooo ingrained that somehow chemo and radiation work and that anything else is quackery. When in all reality it is the the extreme opposite. I watched many friends and family members suffer and die at the hands of modern medicine quackery...when I knew there was a REAL cure. It still breaks my heart.

BTW Kolah means "Brother Warrior" in Indian Language. :)

Thanks for the kind welcome, Kolah.

And I'm with you on wanting to shout it from the rooftops, only to hear crickets for the most part. It seems people are unwilling to take control over their diseases, simply letting someone else (who often barely knows you) manage your illness.

I had to do something as the combo of Methotrexate and high doses of Celebrex were rotting my insides out after a decade of use, and it was becoming a battle between effectiveness and side effects, with side effects winning out. After I got some less favorable liver test results after a long course of MTX, I knew I needed to figure out another way. That was last year (2011)...and began my trial with Sativex...which got me researching more about CBD, which later brought me to Dr. Courtney's work on raw juicing.

To answer your Q's, I pre-soak as Dr. C recommends it to let the plant uptake a bit of peripheral water and "soften or plump" the fibers up a bit before juicing to get the most out of these low-water plants.

And I've had a lot of blood work done, but not sure if I've ever been specifically tested for heavy metals. Curious why you ask? Is there a link between the two?

I noticed I never stated in my last post, but all plant material I use is Strictly organic.

Top Bottom