Juicing raw leaves/buds....

• Thread starter true grit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Whats up folks? I've been hearing about some folks juicing raw leaves and in some cases buds for true medicinal use. As theres no heating (and i guess aging/drying changes it too) its just raw cannabinoids for receptors to process. I use my non heated bho in salves with great results (and have seen some tests with resulting thc-a vs thc). Being that i suffer from some immune issues, i would greatly like to try this but can't find much info other than folks saying it works, few videos here and there, etc. Anyone doing this or have direct recipes? I've read 1 part raw juice to 10 parts carrot for taste but see folks drinking shots straight like wheatgrass. Anyone know leaves/buds per serving? This would be great if it could mean just growing beast moms and processing raw. Thanks for any help. Figure i'll get a juicer and start trying this out anyways!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Nice, grit. I'm all ears. I have some digestive/immune issues as well. Please keep us posted.

outwest

vaporedout

vaporedout

Garden of Life Perfect Food 658010111607

im curious because you pretty much need heating for the THC to become active dont you ??

hell id be down to drink some MJ, i already drink this crap, couldnt taste worse... :)

vaporedout

vaporedout

damn sorry bout the big pic, it wasnt that way before, and LOGIC right on with that article, i was smiling the whole time reading it thinking about my wifes medical issues and how this could help a ton

true grit

true grit

Yep great article to get ya fired up but they really do try to keep it vague as to what they are actually doing in the process/specifics. The website they link to for the Dr. really doesn't help either. lol. I can understand with Phoenix tears because its quite the process that is not safe for everyone to be doing to make concentrate, especially folks with little experience, this on the other hand is just putting stuff in a juicer!!

vapor- The active thc does help fight certain issues, but evidentally the thc-acid does as well prior to degrading/carboxylating into psychoactive thc. the plant should also contain cbd already which is the big inhibitor. there are also some 70 other odd cannabinoids that may help in the overall process as well. much like juicing raw veggies, alot of the natural compounds need to be together to get full effect. according to these docs you can ingest raw with non psychoactive components and process a shit ton more of the helpful cannabinoids. It also apparently helps receptors in the brain make a two way street of processing instead of single outputs which allows feedback and the immuno system to operate as intended at full speed ahead. For folks like me thats great. I can say using hash oil that has not been heated (and essentially is inactive) and used in salve on skin conditions has worked amazing for me. I often have considered ingesting.

It would def be an easier option to just de-leaf some moms and juice daily with this stuff!

vaporedout

vaporedout

yea grit i kinda answered before i read the article, then i went online and read more, you 100% on it. your right about the vague part.... they want to help but arent yet willing to release the recipe.(they gotta make money) guess someone is gonna have to try some fan leave juice.

i listen to joe rogans podcast and he promotes some vitamin or supplement i dunno, i zone that part out, BUT the cool thing about rogan is he tells you whats in the supplement so you can go buy the ingredients and make it yourself, cheaper.... and he says, not everyone can afford this but EVERYONE should have this, so thats why he promotes it.... ohh and BTW hes an avid SMOKER, MMA guy and CAT owner, so i had to start listening... he told us to use cat piss cleaner for you bong..... crazy

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Ideally you juice the buds and leaves of a high cbd strain. You are limited on the cbd you can smoke. by eating you get the cbd acids.
I am not aware of exact ratios, A friend has Dr Courtneys recipe. I will ask for it and share.

-Lead

true grit

true grit

That would be great Lead! thanks! Interesting to see what people think, cuz not everyone doing it is using buds. Seems many folks are doing dandy with leaves. I also wonder what the difference would be in leaves during veg vs. leaves during bloom since different processes are going on in the plant.

I'll scoop a juicer this week and start working leaves... dont quite grow enough buds to be tossin em in the juicer on a whim. lol.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Just In case, you have not seen these videos.

Here is one chart that show the differences between various stages of growth of a high cbd strain.
harlequin_6stage-png.188978

Will share more as I learn more, has worked miracles for some and hope it does the same for you and others.

true grit

true grit

Nice cerebro i was looking at wrong website..no wonder i couldn't find any info. lol.

so one article says a suggested 20mg/kg of body weight. I'm around 75kg so thats about 1500mg. So theres a number to work towards, processed weight im assuming.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Anybody freezing or dehydrating the juice? Could it be further concentrated and preserved in an alcohol tincture? Surely not as good as drinking it live, but I'd like a convenient way to take it when away from the kitchen. Maybe even mix into raw-food bars with other nutrition dense ingredients. I'll geek around with some of this when I get time.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been using raw buds in a blender to make shakes/smoothies for years. Best when they are fresh.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

I've been sharing those videos on facebook for a couple of weeks...and just today someone else shared it :) I'm looking forward to trying it.

The video mentions 600 mg THCa as a therapeutic dosage. If that woman weighs 120 lb, and takes 600 mg then her dosage is around 10 mg/kg. The child drank a shot of juice every day. Assuming he weighed 20 kg, and 5% THCa, that's 7 mg/kg. 5% THC by dry weight, is roughly 0.5% of the wet weight. So True grit's 1500 mg would be the juice from 300 g of fresh leaves. No wonder they were collecting pails of leaves. Even at 10 mg/kg, you'd need 5 oz of fresh leaf per day. That's 15 g of dry trim, as a comparison of the volume of leaf you need (not bad when you consider it). Potency is key.

There are juicers at health food stores that cost $700 which work well for "drier" foods, such as grasses. I think it'd be easier to blend it in a liquid, then strain off the solids.

I wonder if giving plants 14 hours of light (or some other value) will put them into a weak flowering mode, where the THC increases, and they perpetually produce leaf? If you're stuck with 2% THCa (from the chart showing Harlequin vegging leaf) you'll be juicing a tonne.:confused: You're probably better off juicing more, to assure yourself the 10 mg/kg minimum, rather than constantly testing for THC content.

It would be much more convenient if canna juice came pre-packaged in ice cubes (you can get wheat grass juice like this), with a guaranteed minimum THC (unpasteurized, of course). It's less work, and no guessing at dosage.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Crys, you mean like a champion or the similar omega model? I need to buy a new one and curious what others are using. Masticating seems key for processing this type of fiber and I doubt many others (vitamix, juicman, blender-type, etc) will hold up to cannabis leaves? Anybody else have good brands they like?

vaporedout

vaporedout

amazing stuff there Crys.. typical juicing though, youve got to have a shit load of product to juice, im gonna have to at least try it once for the wifes fibro,

Top Bottom