Just a basic watering question…

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

I moved my girls to 25 gallon fabric pots on Saturday and watered to run off, took about 2.5 gallons per plant.
Yesterday (which was Thursday at the time of this post) when I inserted a moisture meter into the bottom 1/4 of the pots to center line depth meter read WET on all the plants then went back through and pushed meter down from the top and got the same reading WET.
So 5 days and they’re still WET I’m. Worried about root rot starting…they’re in full sun currently so hopefully it evaporate some soon🤦🏻‍♂️
So
A: is there anything I can do or just let them be?
B: moving forward should I not be watering such big pots to run off?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It seems to me that 2.5 gallons in a 25 gallon pot is not that much water. Did these pots need to be watered? Doesn't sound like it.

Other than that, you don't say anything about temperatures, humidity, media, the size of the plants, indoor grow, outdoor grow, pictures… There's nothing to go on here.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Getting some air circulation underneath the pot might benefit you. Pretty sure he’s outdoors.

Reactions: TSD
K

Kopper1013

I’m outdoor in FFOF, watered after planting since it was dry out of the bags it’s been in the upper 70’s to low 80’s for the past 5 days and pretty humid.

D8997B2B EE11 4122 B0EF 40544AC38912

Plants are 2’ tall those two or bigger now
This is before I moved them, they are now on pallets screwed to roller carts so I can move them (per my wife’s request) and chase sun better. This is their second day in full all day sun till 7:30-8pm

D77E588F 2A4E 4528 9AB9 6E0C4836499D
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’m outdoor in FFOF, watered after planting since it was dry out of the bags it’s been in the upper 70’s to low 80’s for the past 5 days and pretty humid.

View attachment 1256205
Plants are 2’ tall those two or bigger now
This is before I moved them, they are now on pallets screwed to roller carts so I can move them (per my wife’s request) and chase sun better. This is their second day in full all day sun till 7:30-8pm
I think those are 5 gallon pots....I have the same ones and @ 80 - 83f they're drying in 4 days,,,,,If you don't reach those temps 5 days between watering/feeding sounds about right...Just lift to determine watering needs light it needs heavy it doesn't

I

IamN2pot

If you're concerned about waterlogged roots, a trick I've used in the past is to take a stick/rod/long screwdriver and punch holes into the soil. That will airate the soil and allow it to dry out much quicker.
Hope that helps,
N2

Top Bottom