just a general cloning question

• Thread starter JodolphBitler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

hey y’all. after a year of growing and working out the kinks of a consistent perpetual grow, I have done many batches of clones. my success rate is pretty good. probably 90%. question is…is it necessary to cut a clone at a node? I understand that it is best if there are a few node above where u cut. but is it ok to cut say in between nodes? I have a short clone tray with a short lid. I am trying to keep them reasonably short to be able to put the lid on without smooshing them. thanks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not necessary, no. But the closer you cut to a node the more undifferentiated cells you'll expose and that's where roots come from. My loose general rule is to cut within 1/4" of a node up or down. But you could likely root it successfully cutting within half inch of a node.

growsince79

growsince79

hey y’all. after a year of growing and working out the kinks of a consistent perpetual grow, I have done many batches of clones. my success rate is pretty good. probably 90%. question is…is it necessary to cut a clone at a node? I understand that it is best if there are a few node above where u cut. but is it ok to cut say in between nodes? I have a short clone tray with a short lid. I am trying to keep them reasonably short to be able to put the lid on without smooshing them. thanks.
As long as you leave at least one node for new growth, you can cut anywhere. You can even make lots of clones off the same branch.

Top Bottom