Just another sick guy

• Thread starter CheechWizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hola Farmers, just wanted to kick off another grow thread along with my greenhouse thread. Things have been super busy this summer and busy is good.

Wow:party0042: I can't believe I made it to this point. This system is not for the faint of hart. I've managed to flood my room (one day I forgot to turn the float valve off on my ebb&flo tables reservoir , yeh you can guess what happened next) Kill my first run. Burn my self (bare bulb), and catch the room on fire (when a bulb touched an electric cord and melted it).

I got excited about the MPB system a little over a year ago when dds was posting his crazy yields. It was like nothing I had ever seen before and I couldn't get it out of my head. I stared gathering part and doing the build out. I'm a coco grower so it was really a stretch for me. Most of my experienced grower friends had no hydro experience. My best friend told me one day “you're venturing off into unknown territory and there isn't going to be a way to bring you back if you get in to trouble”.

The build out wasn't going to be easy either. I had to combine two rooms by removing a wall. Then patch and support the ceiling 'some how'. The two one ton air conditioners were pulled out, sold and replaced with two three ton Fujitsu air conditioners. Each room had it's own door and they opened the wrong way. The new setup only needed one and it need to open out. The other door would get replaced with plywood and plumbing running through it back to the reservoir. Etc. etc. etc.

On to the grow:
:joint:

Genetics:
CinX (c99 x hindu kush) a viny low to the ground gorilla growish plant with nice red frosty nuggetree.:friday:

CinX in Veg.
img_4861.jpg

Cloning Setup:
EZ Cloner 96 with a 750 GPM pump and ¼ horse power chiller
400 Watt Ceramic Metal Halide
Four bulb T-5
H&G Roots Excelurator, Superthrive, 100 ppm of H&G Aqua Flakes A& B

Veg Room:
Lighting: Two 1000 Watt Metal Halides
Cooling: One ton min-split Heating and Cooling
Atmosphere:
PnG Smart CO2 Generator Air Cooled – 8LP (8 Burner) (controlled by the GroZone)
Faran HR-15 humidifier
Hot box sulfur burner
Hydro System:
8'x4' eb and flow table
50 Gallon Reservoir
Flood twice a day and 24/7 top drip
750 GPM pump and ½ horse power chiller

Vegetative Nutrients :

H&G Aqua Flakes A & B
H&G Algen Extract
H&G Roots Excelurator
Superthrive
Mycorrhizal sprayed on cube

The buckets:
img_4869.jpg

The plants are in:
img_4873.jpg

Firing up the system:
img_4878.jpg

Flower room:
Medium: 10” net baskets with hydroton and 6” x 6” rockwool cubes
Lighting: Seventeen 1000 Watt HPS (vertical)
Cooling: Two three ton Fujitsu min-splits
Atmosphere: GroZone - dual zone CO2 controller
Two PnG Smart CO2 Generator Air Cooled – 8LP (8 Burner) both are air cooled with a six inch CanFan
Two Faran HR-707 humidifiers
Two hot box sulfur burners
Two Can100 carbon filters and two 10” CanFan (HO model)
Hydro System: 16 buckets with two 2400 GPM bottom feed and one 750 GPM top feed
300 gallon reservoir made with treated lumber and 60 mil Firestone pondliner
Alita AL-80 air pump with two twelve inch air stones per bucket
Three ton Arctica chiller with a 1800 GPM pump
Water: 12 GPM well (hard water, 250-300ppm) / RO Merlin 750GPD, 250 gallon reservoir for RO storage (upgrading to 500 gallon and water softener soon... *Gasp*)

img_5146.jpg

Flowering Nutrients:
AN Sensi bloom A & B first couple of weeks then switch to AN Connoisseur A & B
H&G Multi Zen
H&G Algen Extract
H&G Roots Excelurator
AN Bud Igniter
AN Big Bud
AN Overdrive
Mycorrhizal sprayed on cube
Hydro-Fungicide

Folier sprays:
Nitrozyme
Biobizz Fishmix and Algamic
Acadian sea kelp
Cal-Boron
Cytokin
Magic Green

Pesticides:
Neem
Nutrallis
Pyganic
Spinosad
Pest Out

I took this shot a couple of days ago.
img_5308.jpg

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hell yeah! Kick ass x 3 there, Cheech!:rauch08:

Great to have you posting up in the MPB forum!

Looks like this will be a wild ride! You sure you haven't MPB'd before?

Just curious, why H&G on veg and Advanced on flower? Wouldn't it be simpler to use one or the other?

Glad that you survived all of the disasters so far. Now let's make sure that the fire one is at least not repeated! :D

I'm sure Vaughn Bode would be proud....

-TF:evilgrin0013:

B

Bobby Smith

Great, great setup.

I can relate to the pain in the ass it is constructing a room - a month and change into my buildout.

I had a question, if you wouldn't mind - could you post some pics/specs of your reservoir? A custom reservoir sounds PERFECT for what I'm looking for, but I'd be nervous as shit about it leaking - how confident are you in it?

Thanks, and again the grow's looking awesome so far.

F

fido

best of luck bro!
i'm excited for you. excited to see the progress of this grow.
im a newbie and learrn tons from what u guys share here.
so thanks for sharing
and be safe

fido from philly

mikeross

mikeross

banging brother... you gotta be happy with the how far you have come thus far :boogie: cant wait for your updates. I have tons of questions for ya lol but will start with a few until you get settled in haha.

I run a very similar nute regime as you and very happy with the advance/H&G combo I am currently using in both veg and flower. What is your reason for switching to connie after the stretch? Can I assume its your first time running connie? I would love any insight you have about... I know you have research it very well or have been running it already.

I have only foliar sprayed some plants in veg just for preventative measures I guess... dont think I ever had bugs. Anyways bro I really would like to incorporate a foliar spray regime. When you got the time I would love to know what exactly your doing. It is a weekly thing or do you only spray when you see some type of deficiency? I gotta assume its a scheduled approach cause your plants look lovely. I am also in the middle of my first hydro run with a 14 site mpb. Plants are thriving without any foliar spraying but I like the idea of spending more time with my girls, love being in the room doing work:wondering

Get use to the floods if you smoke a lot of medicine like I do. Nice thing is 100% of the time its stoner error lol. with my little time in mpb's it has never been floods from leaky parts or buckets. It always from me forgetting to close a valve or overflowing my storage tanks.

again man looks awesome... welcome to the MPB forum.:friday:

Love your green house thread... i'm a couple pages into it.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Thanks everyone for joining in, I didn't want to miss out on all the fun!
Looks like this will be a wild ride! You sure you haven't MPB'd before?

Just curious, why H&G on veg and Advanced on flower? Wouldn't it be simpler to use one or the other?

TrichromeFan. This is my second MPB run. I killed as in R.I.P. (dead) :sick0004: the first run. They never made it past veg. (root problems). The summer heat was something my two weak chillers couldn't handle. First I stared with my 1/2 HP then added my 1/4 HP. The res got up to 74. :sweating With the 3 HP everything chilly. :character0180:

img_5408.jpg

img_5409.jpg

1st. H&G Aquaflakes A&B (veg.)
2nd. AN Sensi bloom A&B (first 2 weeks flower)
3rd. AN Connie A&B (flower)
Cheech your a nut, that makes no sense.:ridinghorse:

Let me try to explain. My original plan was to copy dds nutrient line-up. I read that Connie is strong and dds recommend using Sensi in the beginning of bloom (first four weeks). Then switching to Connie. I went and bought Sensi bloom and Connie. Thought I was all set then ran out of Sensi Grow A&B. Went down to my friends store and they had a STOP SALE on most Advanced Nutrients in my state. I couldn't get Sensi Grow, so I bought H&G Aquaflakes for veg. This stuff roxs!:tongueout I really like the simplicity of H&G and it works great.

I had a question, if you wouldn't mind - could you post some pics/specs of your reservoir? A custom reservoir sounds PERFECT for what I'm looking for, but I'd be nervous as shit about it leaking - how confident are you in it?

Bobby, The reservoir is built with 4x4 pressure treated lumber. They're stacked three high (about 11 inches) By building your own you can keep it very low to the ground mine is only 11 high and hold 250 gallons of water.

I put them together like you would build a raised bed for gardening. Then I ran 12" spikes through and scabbed the sides. This would keep is from breaking apart with all that water weight. The first pond liner was from Lowes. It was 20mil. PVC and complete garbage. The pump vibration actual tore through it and caused a leak in about 5 places (un-patchable). The water would leak out slowly into the corner of the flower room at about a gallon a day. Don't buy a Lowes pond liner you will hate it. To make matters worse I have three 55 gallon barrels sitting on on side of the reservoir filled with water I had to move.

Here are the barrels sitting up on one side:
img_5404.jpg

That's about the time I found the 60 mil Firestone pond liners. They're bomber and made from EPDM rubber not cheep PVC plastic.

I had a friend visiting from DC. One morning we got up early and took everything apart, covered the old pond liner with the new one. then put everything back together. It was a long day. :drink

The reservoir is about 12'x5' I might need to go measure it again and hold about 250 gallons of water. Once the leak was fixed I would never go back to a 110 gallon plastic res. I have a friend that has two 100 put together with a pipe and uni-seal. He has such a tough time keep things even.

Two more pictures:
img_5405.jpg

img_5406.jpg

best of luck bro!
i'm excited for you. excited to see the progress of this grow.
im a newbie and learrn tons from what u guys share here.
so thanks for sharing
and be safe

fido from philly

Hi, Fido looking forward to hearing about your MPB build; always lots to share with the community.:)

banging brother... you gotta be happy with the how far you have come thus far :boogie: cant wait for your updates. I have tons of questions for ya lol but will start with a few until you get settled in haha.

I run a very similar nute regime as you and very happy with the advance/H&G combo I am currently using in both veg and flower. What is your reason for switching to connie after the stretch? Can I assume its your first time running connie? I would love any insight you have about... I know you have research it very well or have been running it already.

I have only foliar sprayed some plants in veg just for preventative measures I guess... dont think I ever had bugs. Anyways bro I really would like to incorporate a foliar spray regime. When you got the time I would love to know what exactly your doing. It is a weekly thing or do you only spray when you see some type of deficiency? I gotta assume its a scheduled approach cause your plants look lovely. I am also in the middle of my first hydro run with a 14 site mpb. Plants are thriving without any foliar spraying but I like the idea of spending more time with my girls, love being in the room doing work:wondering

Get use to the floods if you smoke a lot of medicine like I do. Nice thing is 100% of the time its stoner error lol. with my little time in mpb's it has never been floods from leaky parts or buckets. It always from me forgetting to close a valve or overflowing my storage tanks.

again man looks awesome... welcome to the MPB forum.:friday:

Love your green house thread... i'm a couple pages into it.

LOL, about the "stoner error"

Mike great questions. Keep them coming. I really like the look of your MPB setup, and am following along in your thread as well. This is my second run with connoisseur 2-part. The first run was with coco. The results were very nice. :rasta2: Connoisseur is strong stuff and dds recommended using it after the first 4 weeks bloom.

Trouble is I just ran out of Sensi Bloom so I'll probably just go to connie after only two weeks. Here is his quote.

hi mace
i went back to running sensi bloom a & b for the first 4 weeks then i go to the connaseur. I find the connie very strongand best used after the fourth week.

i am about to start a advanced vs house and garden thread.

dds

Nitrozyme: Great for vigor and tight nodes, use it in veg. and beginning of flower. (2-3 weeks) (once every other week) (your can mix it with just about everything) (1 tbs. gallon)

Ottawa Research Station of Agriculture, Canada (J.A. Simmonds & M. Beauchamp)
1. Nitrozyme increases the rate of germination, growth, and flowering of Impatiens.
2. Nitrozyme can shorten by four days the time required to grow Impatiens seedlings for bedding plants.
3. Nitrozyme treated plants had 50% more leaves than their untreated counterparts, and these leaves were one-third larger on the plants receiving Nitrozyme.
Their conclusions:
44% improvement in germination rate
57% more leaves
34% larger leaves
5 days earlier flowering
6% reduction in operation time

Biobizz Fishmix and Algamic: (1tbs. gallon)(add a wetting agent like therm-x)(not for flower)
Combine these two for veg. Fish can be a flower inhibitor. great source of micro nutrients and nitrogen.

Acadian sea kelp: with numbers 1-1-17 you can guess why I love it. (great for veg. and flower) (2 tsp. gallon) get it here: (add a wetting agent like therm-x)

Cal-Boron: The grape guys love this. It helps to create even bud sites from top to bottom. (1-2 tbs. gallon)(use 1-5 times through life cycle)

Cytokin: This will increase your bud sites (strong stuff) (use only 1/2 tsp. gallon or you will have bud growing out of your leaves.) (use first 1-3 weeks flowering or till bud sites have started.) (add a wetting agent like therm-x)(I don't usually use this as a stand alone I mix it with my other foliars.)

Magic Green: nothing like a little Ammonium Nitrate to green things up. (use every other week)

Experimental: Just stared spraying bud factor X (1/2 strength) it's designed to induce a SAR reaction in plants. AN does a pretty good job hiding info though. The GA says Magnesium Sulfate, and that's it. But after a little digging:
(AN Hype Machine) "We aren't allowed to tell exactly what the factor is or how it works:sign0055:, but one things for sure, when you load bud factor X into your blooming plants, you'll happily witness what we call the bud factor."

More than likely it's Salicylic acid they use to cause systemic acquired resistance (SAR). Anyways the verdict isn't out yet. Although I'm happy to hear it's a combination of colossal bud blast and scorpion juice. The CBB is what dds recommended to buy before it was discontinued.

Sorry for the long post!:coffee
-CW

Z

zoeronerer

hat u must have an army of lizards and big titted babes working over time in lizard land ...

nice solid setup and execution ther of

aleYarok

aleYarok

sweet list of foliar feeds, will deff be looking into those

good luck with grow bro, looks good.
gotta love the custom res, we did almost the same thing...
1x12s nailed together to form a box (only like 50 gallons) and then the pondliner goes in and we used an automobile tiedown strap around the outside to hold it all together. holds 50 gallons fine with just 1x12s!

F

fiftythree33

good call on the pond liner res. I did the same, got a 45 mil on ebay for $49 it's working great. I almost went 20 mil glad I didn't :) I really hated the thought of spending $200 on a 100 gal...

Nice room, good luck on the 2nd run!

mikeross

mikeross

Sorry for the long post!:coffee
-CW

GTFO lol, thats the best post I have read in a couple days bro haha. We need more people posting there grows in this section. Its has started to slow down last couple months. Seriously though thanks for the details on the foliar spray... gonna check it out.

I'm gonna wait until my girls are 21 days old until I update my thread with more pics... Show some before and after pics of the cleanup.

B

Bobby Smith

"I have a friend that has two 100 put together with a pipe and uni-seal. He has such a tough time keep things even."

Lol.........you just saved me the $70 I was gonna spend on connecting three MPB buckets together and making a 60 gallon rez that way.

Thanks - still not sure about building my own rez because knowing my handiwork I'd be worried about it leaking 24/7.

Appreciate the details and pics, though - if I do build one, gonna follow your directions :)

F

fiftythree33

Bobby, use this link to find the size you need. http://www.aquadyntech.com/tanksvolume.html

I think Cheech went for overkill with the 4x4s, I used 2x4s and drywall with no bottom just sits on my basement floor. Its 2.5'x7'x1.5' and holds 100gal even at 9" deep and I can go to 11" deep and the remaining 7" is for some flood protection and the ability to "sink" the pipe work under a cover.

DSCN2203
DSCN2187
DSCN2191
DSCN2202
B

Bobby Smith

Wow, nice work.

Still think I might just fork over the couple hundred it'll run me for a plastic reservoir - I can stand a leaky hose or sprayer in my hydro units, but I'm not sure I could tolerate 70 gallons on my grow room floor.

F

fiftythree33

Well if you're gonna spend money you might as well go for a RV water tank... many configurations to choose from and priced somewhat similar and will probably last a lot longer. IMHO the hydro store tubs are too shallow for the Danner 1200 and above.

B

Bobby Smith

Or you could spend 15 bucks on a kiddy pool...

Trying to be as efficient as possible with my chiller usage because I'm not really trying to have my meter spinning like a top (we're not all in Cali, and that's all I'll say about that :thinking)

Wouldn't be able to insulate a kiddie pool, unfortunatley.

Sorry for taking up all this space in your thread, Cheech.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Bigup! been a crazy last few days. almost managed to toast half my room to a crispy 90 degrees. It took me two days of head scratching and bong smoking:animbong: before I realized I'd put one of the AC into "bullshit mode" Where you hold your hand up to it and it feels cold but doesn't actually cool shit! some models the button is called auto or economy, mine is now call "bullshit mode"

fiftythree33: super clean design. wish mine was a little higher so I could "sink" my pipes under the covers :makeup

lost: kiddie pools have to be in the top 10 of my DIy list. but I always get funny looks from the store clerk when I ask if they still have any in-stock during the winter.:whew

Seems like everyone is rocking the danner pumps. My 2400gph supreme pump is barely pushing enough water to 8 buckets. Has anyone tried the danner Hy-Drive pumps? The 3200gph looks sick.

mikeross, for a construction nut like me "before and after pics" are up there with well almost... with budshots. what day are we at in the 21 count down?

zoeronerer,,, lol... I need to start cracking the wipe. :damnhippie: I have along list of projects I'm behind on.

F

fiftythree33

fiftythree33: super clean design. wish mine was a little higher so I could "sink" my pipes under the covers :makeup

lost: kiddie pools have to be in the top 10 of my DIy list. but I always get funny looks from the store clerk when I ask if they still have any in-stock during the winter.:whew

Seems like everyone is rocking the danner pumps. My 2400gph supreme pump is barely pushing enough water to 8 buckets. Has anyone tried the danner Hy-Drive pumps? The 3200gph looks sick.

I'm always thinking of ways to "sink" my pipe under the covers heh ;( Thanks though... I noticed most peeps that've posted pics running it uncovered and was concerned with what could just fall in the damn thing at any time. There's tons of droplets and dust covering it already...

Kiddie pool kills a lot of space... I'd be stepping in my res every time I needed to get in my room but it is a great DIY money saving tip! I might have made one work had I thought about it:pimp:

My 1800 is pushing 8 ok I think it could be a little faster but I'm running smaller buckets and tighter spacing. I'm going to probably do 2 1200's next run unless this works well then I'll just focus on the next room :thinking

:bong-hits:

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Hi farmers, it's day 16, quick update on the room. The CinX is coming along nicely. Even after my heat issue (two still look a little hurt). They're just about done with the stretch. They'll be done before you know it; shes a 7 week strain. After switching to AN from H&G I have to say my reservoir is a little unstable. It hasn't even been a week yet since the dump. It starts at 5.7ish and drops down to 5.1 by the time the lights shut off. I still haven't been able to get into the 600ppms without tip curl. Got to get humidity above 30%. Can't use the Farans till I get a water softener; the RO leaves lots of calcium which clog my AC filters in one day and then the temp shoots up.

img_5438.jpg

Yesterday I got tiered of of using the watering can in the veg. room. (plants in the veg. room need to get watered at all different times so I like hand-watering) Tapped into my chiller line and ran a hose bib into the room.

img_5420.jpg

img_5421.jpg

My 1800 is pushing 8 ok I think it could be a little faster but I'm running smaller buckets and tighter spacing. I'm going to probably do 2 1200's next run unless this works well then I'll just focus on the next room :thinking

:bong-hits:

would you split your pipe so each 1200 powers 4 buckets?

Top Bottom