Just double checking my distance, never used LED before.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

So I have 2 lights going, soon to be 3. One is a daylight lamp for light therapy, and one is a MarsHydro LED, the smaller ones. I currently have both at about 20 inches above the canopy and my closet is lined with emergency blankets for reflection. I keep second guessing my height, so I wanted to pop in and ask. Here are pics of the light labels...

Just double checking my distance never used led before
Just double checking my distance never used led before 2
NorCalCrop650

NorCalCrop650

So I have 2 lights going, soon to be 3. One is a daylight lamp for light therapy, and one is a MarsHydro LED, the smaller ones. I currently have both at about 20 inches above the canopy and my closet is lined with emergency blankets for reflection. I keep second guessing my height, so I wanted to pop in and ask. Here are pics of the light labels...
I use the same Mars Hydro LED in my 2x4 tent running 2 of them. I’ve found for me 24” inches from the top of the canopy in flower and 12-14” from the top of the canopy for flower has worked really well. If it’s too close the plants will start telling you ;)

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Download light meter by my mobile tools dev.

you can dial it in pretty great!

Veg 15-40k start at 15 and raise 3-5k every few days based on plant response under 18/6 light cycle.

Flower 45-65k again start at 45k and slower work up 3-5k every few days to a week under 12/12 light cycle.

watch the plants for stress!

Always go by the plants.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

I use the same Mars Hydro LED in my 2x4 tent running 2 of them. I’ve found for me 24” inches from the top of the canopy in flower and 12-14” from the top of the canopy for flower has worked really well. If it’s too close the plants will start telling you ;)
Did you mean 24 for veg?

NorCalCrop650

NorCalCrop650

Veg 15-40k start at 15 and raise 3-5k every few days based on plant response under 18/6 light cycle.

Flower 45-65k again start at 45k and slower work up 3-5k every few days to a week under 12/12 light cycle.

Always go by the plants.
Always go by the plants.... couldn’t have said it any better

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Always go by the plants.... couldn’t have said it any better
Yes they look happy, just being paranoid cause I see so many posts on here of people frying thier plants. They'll be going outside in a few weeks anyway and I won't have to obsess about the environment so much.

TSD

TSD

Always go by the plants.
I didn't know this existed, thanks! Gotta love technology!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Always go by the plants.
I've been using a lux meter app that same way and it works great! I'd love to have a meter that measures UMOL at the canopy but this is the next best thing!

I second the "Always go by the plants" quote.

OP I would start at 24" and lower an inch a day until the girls start to complain. Suggested max on how close you should hang your light is 18" but, again, depends on what the girls will tolerate.

Top Bottom