Just finished my RWC build, thoughts?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Sprouted and potted in dwc the auto from white widow on feb 4th. Being this is my first grow, enjoy all my trial and error below. I shouldnt smoke so much trying to accomplish things ;)

I will start by saying im a cheap bastard. Ignore the small 1/2in lines at the bottom connecting them, my high ass started with just those, only to have the right bucket overflow. I upgraded flow by buying bigger gaskets, 1$ each and some pvc.

Mars hydro 2x4 kit tsl 2000.
Its a small pump so the flow isnt much. Before I pot my photos I figured id ask a few more questions.

Tap water is 200ppm, can I get a readout of contents from water company? Do I need calmag? Will not adding this change the ppm I should run?

The plant in the middle is an auto white widow. Im just waiting for it to flower before I start my first photos in my first rwc, let alone my first ever grow. The auto is going to sit in between them in a stand alone dwc bucket. I figured ill have an auto going in between them or not, Idk. This one will at least.

Im not running a water chiller because this is a starter build, that I will upgrade, and being there were alot of parts, im cheap atm. I dont think I could have build a more efficient setup for this price. . perhaps. . anyways

ppm is 450. Started with 20ppm then up to 100ppm with calmag. Currently using calmag, floramicro, grow and bloom, and hydroguard. Ph kept between 5.6 and 5.8.

When topping off, I add hydroguard to ph 5.8 20ppm water, then add extra mix from my first batch of nutrients, until my ppm is around 300.

Funny for you but not me, my humidity guage fell and landed on the auto, topping it for me. Literally topped it and cut the opposite fan leaf off (pic).

I started the grow with slight root rot and an issue in the leafs, which is still seen on the tips of the larger ones. I also ran ppm over 1000 on accident for about 24hrs, which caused the plant to grow fast, yet all the leafs would die once getting larger. Check that thread here for more info.

She looks a mess, and Idk how its still alive honestly. I did some low stress while all those leafs were dying, used it as an excused to get some light to the lower area.

Thoughts lol?

#photos were in order when I uploaded??? Do you want the videos???

Just finished my rwc build thoughts
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 2
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 3
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 4
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 5
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 6
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 7
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 8
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 9
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 10
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 11
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 12
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 13
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 14
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 15
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 16
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 17
Just finished my rwc build thoughts 18
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks great, roots look fantastic. Looks like a great start. I've got a very similar 4 bucket setup that I've been thinking about assembling lately.

The only suggestion I have is purchasing a bottom bin for everything, matching your tent footprint. It's certainly not mandatory, but it's nice to have some backup, in case of any problems with leakage.

It can get really messy really fast, if their is even the slightest leakage. I've got one that's 5x5 foot, looks like this.

5x5
Last edited:
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Agree, looks great! Roots look very healthy. Wait till they fill the entire 5 gallon bucket 🤘🏼

C868DB9C 5B5E 4E36 A35B 50C0B577599D
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Looks great, roots look fantastic. Looks like a great start. I've got a very similar 4 bucket setup that I've been thinking about assembling lately.

The only suggestion I have is purchasing a bottom bin for everything, matching your tent footprint. It's certainly not mandatory, but it's nice to have some backup, in case of any problems with leakage.

It can get really messy really fast, if their is even the slightest leakage. I've got one that's 5x5 foot, looks like this.

I will deffinatly take that into consideration. As to my current trend, im sure I will run into more issues. My rubber gaskets seem to be working as expected. If I wiggle it too much they leak, I wasnt to carefull when drilling and some of the holes chipped and are not perfectly circle. I also own pets. Since I have extra gaskets I will just put that res inside another tote. My bottom wasnt quite wide enough, standard trays will be too big. Ill figure something out for inside the tent. I was contemplating using foodgrade waterproof silicone on the outside of all my gaskets.

Agree, looks great! Roots look very healthy. Wait till they fill the entire 5 gallon bucket 🤘🏼

Ya know, I hope I can accomplish that. I have a feeling I will, yet its surreal to think its even within my reach. Thanks for the input :)

Thats wild that theres such root mass without buds. At the end of flower will the roots have doubled in size like the plant does?

Latest posts

Top Bottom