Just Going Straight Up No Branches?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's never been my experience. I've seen them happen to flip themselves at the same time the grower did, but I've never seen one forced into flower before it's ready.
Well I had 2 batches of autos growing. one group showed sex and turned at 3-4 weeks the other didn't. Not having the space to have one group in flower and the other in veg so I flipped them all 3 days later they showed sex and I culled the males out. They all finished together....I'd say I flipped them...It could have been a coincidence I suppose but they flipped like photo's. I can't run my 1000w 18hrs/day...just too expensive so I flower them on 12/12 same as photo's.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I'm fairly new to auto's but I think the reason auto's don't usually get topped is because of their short veg period. topping shocks them and slows down their vertical growth. The same as the re-pot talk we had..... shock. with a 5-6 week veg period they have no time for shock recovery. Once they turn or you turn them ( you can flip auto's by going 12/12 ) the side shoots will take off and the branches will appear. I've not seen auto's topped...yours must be ready to flip soon....I'd like to see how she does.

The matanuska started flowering before 3 weeks old. The gorilla glue takes a bit longer to start, at about 5 or 6 weeks. But the buds grow fast, so end time is about the same.

This GG auto is 24 days old today.

20210621 094905

20210621 094945

20210621 094959

This is the matanuska the exact same age
20210621 093754

20210621 093754
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
trim? why? there is no bud site that is not exposed and all within an inch of the same height. i find less is more when molesting autos. just a pick and pluck then pull off yellow leaves as they flower. i grow organic, just water and i dont really molest the plants. i add no nutes and ph nothing. just water and watch. my attention is mostly on their environment. so no trimming or up potting, just plant, and water.

the first two pics are the gg, it is topped (and if you look closely youll see i got a bit of the leaf next to it too!) it was bushy and full. i pinched it and took 4 fan leaves off.

the other two are mantanuska, they flower sooner than gg. they are 24 days old too, and in flower trying to stretch! i took 4 leaves from each of them, but they flower way too fast to top!

oLd1

oLd1

Found the problem today. Told my Son I wanted to empty the catch pans.

I went to move the plant. Found I couldn’t because of water. I knew I was over watering them couple weeks ago and cut way back on water but what I was went right through. So not going to water them for couple days.

Budding just fine we shall see.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

Ok my Son pruned bunch of Fan Leaves off, didn’t kill them and they started branching with many Buds.

I think I was just Over Watering.

Thanks!

oLd1

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, Watering messes with a lot of people. This is how we do it.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

This thread might be useful to review also. Water tables and lot of other good information is explained in this thread to great detail.

Jaspercane

Jaspercane

Got some Photos that are branching. Got some Autos just the opposite one straight stem. Does all the Buds come out on one stem?

One reason I’m asking is I’m thinking of just putting a stake in and tying on to that.

oLd1
I do photos but this is a little project of my wife's outside. Here is a Gorilla Glue 4 and a Zkittlez. GG on left. Planted 5/2/21 in a 20 gallon planter. I think this photo was at 50 days. Kinda hard to see good with all the green around it. Has one long center cola and I believe 4 small side branches bearing bud. No topping trimming etc. Since this was her first ever grow and she refuses all help I cant tell you any more about it other than get within 10 feet of it and you can dang sure smell it. Touch it and it sticks to your finger. Nice little plant.

GGZ
Top Bottom