just got over my PH problem, now this..

• Thread starter med.botany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

med.botany

so this is purple urkle...just had the ph all outta wack on her and she had a nute lockout and i've been flushing her and now this..

top side..
http://i28.invalid.com/albums/c217/surf_wake/CIMG1763.jpg
bottom view..
http://i28.invalid.com/albums/c217/surf_wake/CIMG1761.jpg

she's sittin in a mix of FF ocean and premium potting soil..FF nutes (GROW BIG, BIG BLOOM) but i haven't been feeding her that much just since the PH problem, just some big bloom (0.1-0.3-0.7)

N

Nuglover

Is it systemic or just on a few leaves? New or old leaves...or all? Looks like some type of deficiency. Maybe Magnesium. I always add some Dolomite lime and Epsom salts to my FFOF mix and still end up using Cal-Mag.

M

med.botany

mostly on older leave but starting on newer ones too...that leaf is one of the newer. it hasnt spread all over yet but it seems like its slowly getting there. Yeah i need to go pick up some cal-mag...pretty sure thats its deficiency.
thanks nuglover..

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
fox farm products do not have cal in them or at least enough to be listed on the bottle per california state law.

S

supi1012

i got over fox farm nutes a while ago too. still use the soil, but i have to ammend it with perilite and dolomite lime at the least.
id strongly recommend the pure blend pro line. ive tried so many bottled organic (or kind of) nutrients and while pbp isn't 1000% organic, it is complete with cal-mag and liquid karma. not only is it complete and in the right proportions, which most nutes i find aren't, but much of it is available immediatly.
i never had anything but problems with grow big, and the bb/tb combo yielded very airy buds. pbp and ive got way fatter, way stinkier, way healthier plants.
just my 2 cents

M

med.botany

yeah rb1..thats a good idea..should i feed her heavy or light with tiger bloom? i got it soo no waitin for me...2tbs/gallon or 4tbs/gal??
im really likin ROOTS organic soil...my romulan is sittin in just roots and she seems to be lovin it. i wanna make up a batch of subcool's soil mix that way no more nute's to deal with..im also hoping the samples come through AN, Aurora Innovation, & Humboldt...i wanna try other products but dont wanna buy it all first

thanks for everyone's help

JAH BLESS

M

med.botany

well i got some Cal/Mag from botanicare this morning and gave her a 2tbs/1gal...hopefully she's turn around..
thanks for the help

S

smithsutton

for these reasons i do hydro only .. the results come verry quick and most problems can be taken care of with adjin the ph and or nute change and the ressults are quick .. when things go south with soil its hard to change out soil .. flushing with ph adj plain water is a pain with soil cause yer never shure if all the soil hase been leached and the prob can still rear its ugly head .. and i really think u might flush first before adding cal/mag imho .. cause if its not a cal/mag prob they can burn even worse ..

ss ..

M

med.botany

thanks for the suggestion SS...well i already flushed it with 2tps/1gal cal/mag...next watering im going to just give it plain ph ajd. water..if i dont see a change in the leaves or it keeps spreading within the next 4-5 days..what should i try next??

S

smithsutton

it prolly wont if do that .. i would do plain water till u see the leaves start to go light green .. they might have so much nutes stored up that they might not need any ferts for a while ..

ss ..

R

Rocky Top

for these reasons i do hydro only .. the results come verry quick and most problems can be taken care of with adjin the ph and or nute change and the ressults are quick .. when things go south with soil its hard to change out soil .. flushing with ph adj plain water is a pain with soil cause yer never shure if all the soil hase been leached and the prob can still rear its ugly head .. and i really think u might flush first before adding cal/mag imho .. cause if its not a cal/mag prob they can burn even worse ..

ss ..

I totally disagree with this post. I won't get into the "hydro" vs "soil" pissin contest but when "things go south with soil it's hard to change soil" is off base. If your grow is to the point you need to "change soil" your grow is already fucked. I have grown both ways and for me at least, soil is soooo much easier to get back on track than hydro. I could go on but I don't want to piss on this thread. I just shake my head when a "hydro" grower gives advice to a soil grower.

Once you learn a good soil mix, keep your nutes Ph'd properly, soil can run it's self.

Now, back on topic...med.botany the damage to your leaves will NOT clear up. You need to look at the leaves that have no def showing and monitor those. Give it a lil time, be patient, and don't make several changes at once. Give your "theory" a chance to work and I beleive you will be fine. I personally think you are on the right track with the Mag def. Again, don't make a bunch of changes, stay the course and give your plants time to adjust. In soil, you have plenty of time to correct the problem.

M

med.botany

Right on rocky top..thanks for the advice..no other way to go, ORGANIC SOIL for life...im gonna continue the flush and a light feed of CAL/MAG once a week..i know it'll clear up, being patient with our plants is the number one test in growing

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Yo, MED.. What is your runoff PPM? & PH? Are you using RO water?? Since you've already been flushing you must know your runoff ppm first before you start adding nutes.. Also how far are you into flower??

M

moejammin

Def

Ive had the same deficiency problems with a wreck strain im working with, you should think about using some of Botanicares organic line. I suggest the Pure which is a time release dry nute along with the calplex or cal-mag if our not worried about the organic aspect. Not only does this correct the deficiency but the calplex(when the ph is correct)gives the plants a very healthy sheen.

M

med.botany

Word

well UG i dont have a PPM meter all i have is a PH meter..before i didnt have one and thought my water is just fine since im up here in the mountains but it wasn't, locked up my plant, and got a cal/mag def.i got cal/mag from botanicare and im giving her 2tps/gal every other water..i keep the ph in my water between 6.5 n 7.0...
And im not flowering her right now cause of living arrangements and funds for a lamp, so right now she's just a mother that im taking clones and experimenting with..tryin to keep a live..she's stinky already and still in veg

photo of when i first got her, and what she looks like TODAY:smiley_joint:

Before
CIMG1787
Top Bottom