Just need some watering suggestions!

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickcin

Rickcin

I love growing two plants In our basement tent, however occasionally we have a few road trips coming up that will involve being away for 4 nights and a day.

Is there a simple way I can set something up so that my two fabric pots/plants can get water? I realize there are elaborate systems with pumps and then the runoff becomes an issue but it seems to be fairly involved and complicated! Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated ❗

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I love growing two plants In our basement tent, however occasionally we have a few road trips coming up that will involve being away for 4 nights and a day.

Is there a simple way I can set something up so that my two fabric pots/plants can get water? I realize there are elaborate systems with pumps and then the runoff becomes an issue but it seems to be fairly involved and complicated! Any good suggestions would be greatly appreciated ❗
Hi, I bought a water line timer $40Cdn at my local hardware store & ran a hose to a bucket with 6 lines out of the elevated bucket. I timed it for every 4 days to be on for 5 min to fill and drain the bucket while we went to Mexico for 10 days. I put 4 jars at 3 different sizes with 1 nute mix in each so they got 1 feed 4 days after we left then water once more.

For 3-4 days though those glass water bulbs may work well enough to get you through.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What media?

In soil, with a reasonably large pot, you can water well before you leave and be fine. Reducing the number of "day" hours will also reduce water use.

Blumats work very well. I've used them for 12 day trips — no problems.

Scar818

Scar818

Coco is not hydro, i use coco pearlite 70/30 and its not hydro

Top Bottom