Just saying hello to you all new member I have been looking at this forum for a while now so thought I’d start posting my 2 penneth for what it’s wort

• Thread starter Cypress66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cypress66

Cypress66

If you do take DISTILLED water and put 1 gram of TABLE salt in it... mix well and test... 500 scale ppm meter should read 1000ppm EC should read 2.0
A/m how are you doing bro I have just done the calibration thing with the distilled water and the salt and the truncheon is reading 1.2 to1.4 and the other meter is saying 502 x10 flashing at the corner of the 502 reading does this mean they are both out thanks in advance and again for the help peace ✌️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A/m how are you doing bro I have just done the calibration thing with the distilled water and the salt and the truncheon is reading 1.2 to1.4 and the other meter is saying 502 x10 flashing at the corner of the 502 reading does this mean they are both out thanks in advance and again for the help peace ✌️
Yeah the truncheon is close... very good meter bit I'm not sure if it's calibratable... if that a word lol. I'll take a look here and post after I look into this. Maybe they both can be?

You were very accurate with measuring 1 litre and 1 gram of salt? That's important if you want to be making a calibration solution.

For verification I'd say use the blue lab and unless the other can be calibrated toss it in the garbage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok calibratable but I'm kinda messed up right now. Tag me again or respond to this and I'll set ya up with how when I'm in a more functional state

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Reading this thread reminds me of murphys law. Anything than can go wrong, will go wrong. At some time.
Not that is has gone wrong for you. Its for me I am speaking.

I got myself a dwc, was a noob and killed 2 seedlings in it. Went back to soil.

Have everything you will need at hand. In my case I did not have ph up so I went overboard with baking powder to ph up the reservoir.

Good luck man

Cypress66

Cypress66

Yeah the truncheon is close... very good meter bit I'm not sure if it's calibratable... if that a word lol. I'll take a look here and post after I look into this. Maybe they both can be?

You were very accurate with measuring 1 litre and 1 gram of salt? That's important if you want to be making a calibration solution.

For verification I'd say use the blue lab and unless the other can be calibrated toss it in the garbage.
Yeah I think that’s a good word and I think it’s a real one a/m i was very accurate with the measurements i used a measuring jug for the water and a gram scale for the salt been looking at the blue lab site all i got from that was the information on the calibration fluid and the cleaning products they have maybe they are my best bet like you have said it is a good product and they are guaranteed for life but you may know a better way of doing it thank you for your help a/m peace ✌️ bro

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also this to help you understand it. Ppm meters can go all funny when the battery gets low also

Cypress66

Cypress66

Give this a go.

Top man that is what i will be ordering now one thing I’ve got plenty of is distilled water my missus come home with a 5gl drum of it cost her £40 bless her heart ❣ you’re a sound skin my man peace ✌️ 😍

Cypress66

Cypress66

Reading this thread reminds me of murphys law. Anything than can go wrong, will go wrong. At some time.
Not that is has gone wrong for you. Its for me I am speaking.

I got myself a dwc, was a noob and killed 2 seedlings in it. Went back to soil.

Have everything you will need at hand. In my case I did not have ph up so I went overboard with baking powder to ph up the reservoir.

Good luck man
Thanks 🙏

Cypress66

Cypress66

Also this to help you understand it. Ppm meters can go all funny when the battery gets low also

Would you believe been looking at this today and it was very good and this also has enforced what you have said about the highest you need to be with the ec levels only took me 10yrs to comprehend the information i have been lucky in that i haven’t killed my plants bad case of lazyitus at the end of the day peace ✌️

Cypress66

Cypress66

Yeah I think that’s a good word and I think it’s a real one a/m i was very accurate with the measurements i used a measuring jug for the water and a gram scale for the salt been looking at the blue lab site all i got from that was the information on the calibration fluid and the cleaning products they have maybe they are my best bet like you have said it is a good product and they are guaranteed for life but you may know a better way of doing it thank you for your help a/m peace ✌ bro
Well my brother i was on line and looking for the best price for the blue lab kit and I came across another blue lab care page for cleaning and troubleshooting for the truncheon says it will not need to be calibrated only cleaned with any non scented surface cleaner like cif or plain jif I used one called astonish no odour no bleach and then the mix you told me and I am now getting a reading of 2.2 so happy daze i hope 🤞 what do you think kuzz peace ✌️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well my brother i was on line and looking for the best price for the blue lab kit and I came across another blue lab care page for cleaning and troubleshooting for the truncheon says it will not need to be calibrated only cleaned with any non scented surface cleaner like cif or plain jif I used one called astonish no odour no bleach and then the mix you told me and I am now getting a reading of 2.2 so happy daze i hope 🤞 what do you think kuzz peace ✌️
That's pretty close I would trust it. I believe they use potassium chloride to verify so that can account for the slight difference. I have some but most don't. I use to make storage solution for my PH meters. Really helps prolong probe life.

Cypress66

Cypress66

That's pretty close I would trust it. I believe they use potassium chloride to verify so that can account for the slight difference. I have some but most don't. I use to make storage solution for my PH meters. Really helps prolong probe life.
Yeah got to help with the lifetime the truncheon doesn’t have a cover only the shroud but it could be stood up in the solution how do you make your own solution bro?

Cypress66

Cypress66

A/m quick question bro will that mix for the calibration store for long as I have tried it next day and it is reading 1.6 ec think I will get the blue lab kit to be sure the truncheon is at least ten years old since I have had it i got it with the first growing gear i bought so how long my man had it i don’t know ps the gaurentee is not a lifetime it’s 5 year peace ✌️ bro

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A/m quick question bro will that mix for the calibration store for long as I have tried it next day and it is reading 1.6 ec think I will get the blue lab kit to be sure the truncheon is at least ten years old since I have had it i got it with the first growing gear i bought so how long my man had it i don’t know ps the gaurentee is not a lifetime it’s 5 year peace ✌️ bro
Don't store it... make new stuff. Unless you seal and put a preservative in it.

Honestly I make mine using KCL Keep it for a week or 2 and toss it. But you need a container that seals and doesn't allow it to evaporate.

It's so cheap and easy to make its not worth paying for .preservatives.

With the KLC you can also make your own storage solution for PH meters and probes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Temp of both the meter and the solution. Should be kept in the same room around 25c for a fee hrs before testing for best accuracy.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Don't store it... make new stuff. Unless you seal and put a preservative in it.

Honestly I make mine using KCL Keep it for a week or 2 and toss it. But you need a container that seals and doesn't allow it to evaporate.

It's so cheap and easy to make its not worth paying for .preservatives.

With the KLC you can also make your own storage solution for PH meters and probes.
Klc?

Top Bottom