Just starting out

• Thread starter crpowell67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crpowell67

crpowell67

I have decided to grow my own and have this stuff listed in my cart and was wondering if anyone sees something I might need that I forgot.

48''x36''x72'' Mylar Grow Tent 2 in 1 Grow Room

Super Sprouter Deluxe Propagation Kit w/ 7" Dome & T5 Light

VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 300W LED Grow light

VIVOSUN Durable Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat

Luster Leaf Rapiclip 6-Inch Garden Plant Labels

Grodan Wrapped Mini Blocks 2" x 2" x 1.5"

Carson 60X-75X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip, Non-Coated Blades

FoxFarm 12-Quart Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil

Smart Pot 3-Gallon Smart Pot Soft-Sided Container X3

General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer set

Norpro Cotton Twine

Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan

General Hydroponics pH Control Kit

BN-Link mini indoor timer

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm not seeing an exhaust fan or carbon filter on your list. Kind of essential equipment In my mind.

Also I'd advise starting the seeds in something other than rockwool. It can be tricky to get right, youd be better off using solo cups of a seed starter mix like promix. And you also might want to get some chunky perlite to mix with that FFOF to help it drain better. You could even make a nice seed starter mix blending FFOF and perlite 60/40-70/30 or so.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have decided to grow my own and have this stuff listed in my cart and was wondering if anyone sees something I might need that I forgot.

48''x36''x72'' Mylar Grow Tent 2 in 1 Grow Room

Super Sprouter Deluxe Propagation Kit w/ 7" Dome & T5 Light

VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified 300W LED Grow light

VIVOSUN Durable Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat

Luster Leaf Rapiclip 6-Inch Garden Plant Labels

Grodan Wrapped Mini Blocks 2" x 2" x 1.5"

Carson 60X-75X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip, Non-Coated Blades

FoxFarm 12-Quart Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil

Smart Pot 3-Gallon Smart Pot Soft-Sided Container X3

General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer set

Norpro Cotton Twine

Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan

General Hydroponics pH Control Kit

BN-Link mini indoor timer
i wouldnt buy all this starting out,
4x4 tent
6in exhaust fan filter combo.
depending on your envorment,de humidifer or humidifer
2 clip on fans for your tent poles ,you want a vortec action going on in there but not so wild the leaves are bouncing all over the place
soil is best choice starting.like dirt bag said ,with the mix
start solo cups,then to 1 gal then to 3 gal pots
fox farm soil is good in veg up to 3 weeks at the least in,so a whole nute line for veg and bloom isnt really needed
a really good ph meter
tds/ec/ppm meter
ph drops for backup
get some small plastic totes that will fit in your tent and on floor to put your plants in/feed and such but something under the pot to keep off cold floor,i use 18 in x 12in clear totes on my floor fit perfect in my little 2x4x5 ft tall tent
think about a intake source come flower time ,you have to be light free then,even controlers with lights on can herm a plant
get 2 speed controler for your fans and exhaust
temp guage for inside the tent
far as nutrients go ,that all you same with lights that is a wide open discussion and need to do home work there
as far as all the stuff to germ seeds and such there is always a paper towel method,to many easy ways to germ seeds unless you plan on cloning,even then ,just starting out stick with basic stuff ,you might not even like growing at all and you wont be out so much change,all the stuff i mentioned here is basic stuff that even if you dont like it,you could sell to get some your money back
i highly suggest growing regular seeds,even fem seeds arentt always that so why pay more for them,and auto's are just wrong in many ways and confuse more folks than anything else,regular seeds,you neeed to know how to sex plants anyway

crpowell67

crpowell67

I added these to my cart

ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Room Thermometer and Humidity Gauge

The filtration stuff is just for keeping the smell down or is their other benefits to them, I am not worried about the smell much.

crpowell67

crpowell67

i wouldnt buy all this starting out,
4x4 tent
6in exhaust fan filter combo.
depending on your envorment,de humidifer or humidifer
2 clip on fans for your tent poles ,you want a vortec action going on in there but not so wild the leaves are bouncing all over the place
soil is best choice starting.like dirt bag said ,with the mix
start solo cups,then to 1 gal then to 3 gal pots
fox farm soil is good in veg up to 3 weeks at the least in,so a whole nute line for veg and bloom isnt really needed
a really good ph meter
tds/ec/ppm meter
ph drops for backup
get some small plastic totes that will fit in your tent and on floor to put your plants in/feed and such but something under the pot to keep off cold floor,i use 18 in x 12in clear totes on my floor fit perfect in my little 2x4x5 ft tall tent
think about a intake source come flower time ,you have to be light free then,even controlers with lights on can herm a plant
get 2 speed controler for your fans and exhaust
temp guage for inside the tent
far as nutrients go ,that all you same with lights that is a wide open discussion and need to do home work there
as far as all the stuff to germ seeds and such there is always a paper towel method,to many easy ways to germ seeds unless you plan on cloning,even then ,just starting out stick with basic stuff ,you might not even like growing at all and you wont be out so much change,all the stuff i mentioned here is basic stuff that even if you dont like it,you could sell to get some your money back
i highly suggest growing regular seeds,even fem seeds arentt always that so why pay more for them,and auto's are just wrong in many ways and confuse more folks than anything else,regular seeds,you neeed to know how to sex plants anyway

The reason I was trying to get everything is I received a disability back pay payment and wanted to get it while I have it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The reason I was trying to get everything is I received a disability back pay payment and wanted to get it while I have it.
i understand that,but set a bit back for later friend ,take my advice this is a game that takes money and just get deeper,what i mentioned is bare roots to get buds in a jar,the fancy lights and nutrients ,i highly doubt you will ever have exactully what your looking for,they both change like the weather,thats why i didnt recomend any of them,all the other stuff is what get you rolling,every thing i mentioned you can usally go to amazon and buy as packages ,them damn lights and nutes are freaking ridiculoius,but tent fans filter hangers even lights all those come in decent kits,think last i looked right around 5 bills for a complete pretty decent setup,if you live any were near the coast your gonna have to buy a de humidy for sure or powder mildew will rock your world in the wrong way

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you dont care about smell at all you dont need the inline fan and carbon filter. But you should at least have an axial fan setup to exhaust air from the tent. You need fresh air flowing through it, otherwise the Co2 gets depleted and the air will go stale, plus itll get too hot in the tent.

crpowell67

crpowell67

i understand that,but set a bit back for later friend ,take my advice this is a game that takes money and just get deeper,what i mentioned is bare roots to get buds in a jar,the fancy lights and nutrients ,i highly doubt you will ever have exactully what your looking for,they both change like the weather,thats why i didnt recomend any of them,all the other stuff is what get you rolling,every thing i mentioned you can usally go to amazon and buy as packages ,them damn lights and nutes are freaking ridiculoius,but tent fans filter hangers even lights all those come in decent kits,think last i looked right around 5 bills for a complete pretty decent setup,if you live any were near the coast your gonna have to buy a de humidy for sure or powder mildew will rock your world in the wrong way

I live in the middle of in Illinois not sure if I will need a dehumidifier but I plan on setting up and getting conditions right before I do anything else so I will know then if I need one, all the stuff I listed would cost me $462.39 on amazon,

And if I go with an inline carbon is this good, 4 Inch 190 CFM Inline Fan Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo with variable speed control should I go 6"

Last edited:
The Rabbit

The Rabbit

I live in the middle of in Illinois not sure if I will need a dehumidifier but I plan on setting up and getting conditions right before I do anything else so I will know then if I need one, all the stuff I listed would cost me $462.39 on amazon,

And if I go with an inline carbon is this good, 4 Inch 190 CFM Inline Fan Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo with variable speed control should I go 6"

I am in Chicago and it is getting dry up here. The RH in my house this month has been bouncing around between 30-40. It got down to 20, last winter, at times! So, I have bought a large humidifier for the winter months and can go through 8 gallons of water a day. Avoiding flaky/dry skin over winter.

You can pick up a hygrometer from a hardware store for $10-15.
Good luck. Stay hydrated.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

4 in in a 4x4 tent aint gonna do friend,at the very least a 6inch and then if you go banging huge light in the a 8in is best,bigger is better ,the controler can always slow down the fan,in summer conditions is were it makes or breaks ya

Madbud

Madbud

Yellow sticky traps, as a first line of insect control. Especially with fox farms

crpowell67

crpowell67

4 in in a 4x4 tent aint gonna do friend,at the very least a 6inch and then if you go banging huge light in the a 8in is best,bigger is better ,the controler can always slow down the fan,in summer conditions is were it makes or breaks ya

The main part is only 3'x3' the small part was gonna use for germination/seeding it's a 2 room tent

Top Bottom