Just switched to Promix HP

• Thread starter Jeremy86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jeremy86

I am used to soil but wanted to try the Coco not exactly sure how to or when to add CalMg

Ponky

Ponky

I am used to soil but wanted to try the Coco not exactly sure how to or when to add CalMg
Well the ProMix is like soil that already mostly depleted of nutrients. I use the regular kind with a 1 part powder. I found that using PH down in the water caused the media to get too acidic. So I lightened the feed and stopped using PH. Now it's mint. I'm not sure how the coco in the mix effects it. Whether it has salt build up issues or not.

Ponky

Ponky

You don't PH at all?
No. I used to mix up a bunch of bottles. And carefully PH the water and all that. Once I stopped and switched to simpler food my time spent was cut by 90%. And my yields are great. Quality is great. And no nutrient lock out. The PH down I think was giving me grief. Without it the food I have does make the water a PH of 6.0. I think the whole deal with ProMix is ease of use commercially. Which is bulk one part and agricultural water supply. I've been on a mission of simplification. I've finally settled on my current routine. Stick with it for awhile.

J

Jeremy86

No. I used to mix up a bunch of bottles. And carefully PH the water and all that. Once I stopped and switched to simpler food my time spent was cut by 90%. And my yields are great. Quality is great. And no nutrient lock out. The PH down I think was giving me grief. Without it the food I have does make the water a PH of 6.0. I think the whole deal with ProMix is ease of use commercially. Which is bulk one part and agricultural water supply. I've been on a mission of simplification. I've finally settled on my current routine. Stick with it for awhile.
What brand of nutrients do you prefer I got the fox farm trio.... Tiger bloom, grow big, and big bloom

Top Bottom