Just wasted $2000 on LEDS (or) WHY LEDS suck

• Thread starter PickleRick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

The Lumatek LED's are worth every penny. I am running 2 x 600 watt pro and the temperature gets up to a max of 27 C and drops to a min of around 13 C. I have a 6 inch fan and large carbon filter extracting the air but Ive no air intake besides what gets under the door or through the floir boards. Not ideal I know but the room works so I am not going to fix it. Most of the time I would be in the room it was sitting at around 25 .

20201104 024218 HDR
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's all about those temperatures. Low temperatures = low biological activity = low growth. Flowers especially seem to demand heat.

I just switched over. I heard from others that the loss of heat from the HID lamps was one of the biggest adjustments. I look forward to my summer crop.

Harvard

Harvard

It's all about those temperatures. Low temperatures = low biological activity = low growth. Flowers especially seem to demand heat.

I just switched over. I heard from others that the loss of heat from the HID lamps was one of the biggest adjustments. I look forward to my summer crop.
I agree, being winter here I’m running a heater when lights off and a co2 burner when lights on. Environment is huge!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I agree, being winter here I’m running a heater when lights off and a co2 burner when lights on. Environment is huge!
I'm considering a vertical hang of a low wattage HPS or MH. But at this point I have a space heater keeping temps in a normal range. I can't hang a bulb centrally in the tent, anyway.

greenscholar

greenscholar

Lol the debates. Heat in the winter or Cool in the summer lol. His in the summer vented out side in my basement would be 95 degrees without ac. Runs 80-85 with less no addittional cooling. 75 in winter I heat my whole basement with a vented propane heater which is way cheaper to run than an ac. Its part of growing lol. Why would you exhaust air outside if its to cold? I don't get it. Put it back in the house.

cow_iam

cow_iam

Lol people crack me up with this big expensive setups from home. 200 Watt LED from Mars Hydro and a 4x4 tent is all you need. Easy grow that costs less than buying a Oz at the dispensary.

A bag for local dirt and a fan, nothing else is needed.

Pippins

Pippins

Lol people crack me up with this big expensive setups from home. 200 Watt LED from Mars Hydro and a 4x4 tent is all you need. Easy grow that costs less than buying a Oz at the dispensary.

Big expensive setups=big expensive buds....wouldn't it be awesome if we could do something useful with all the extra buds we produce that we don't use? Like barter for toilet paper during a pandemic? Or....wait a sec...what if we could....sell them?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Nothing else is needed to produce what?

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

You sound like my wife... "Its just a weed" she says. "anybody can grow it" she says... I guess she's right, but I'm trying to produce high quality marijuana here. That takes skill and years of trial and error...imo. And the right tools for the job!

Last edited:
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You sound like my wife... "Its just a weed" she says. "anybody can grow it" she says... I guess she's right, but I'm trying to produce high quality marijuana here. That takes skill and years of trial and error...imo. And the right tools for the job!
Weeds are a nuisance plants that are almost impossible to get rid of. If cannabis were a weed it would grow from the cracks in the sidewalk.
Cannabis is a delicate flower that requires exact environmental changes and correct nutrients to thrive. If it were a weed anyone could grow it easy and not even try. Weed is just another slang term for it, there are many.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Weeds are a nuisance plants that are almost impossible to get rid of. If cannabis were a weed it would grow from the cracks in the sidewalk.
Cannabis is a delicate flower that requires exact environmental changes and correct nutrients to thrive. If it were a weed anyone could grow it easy and not even try. Weed is just another slang term for it, there are many.
I totally agree with you! BUT...lol Its funny you should say that about growing from the cracks of the sidewalk. Once many many years ago when weed still had seeds in it. We all hung out on my front porch to smoke, and from throwing the seeds off the porch one must have gotten in between the cracks in the side walk and it GERMINATED...lol grew about 6 inches tall showed male preflowers and died...lol True story!

Every since the wife saw that she has been with the whole, "Its a weed thing.." She knows its delicate flower, and that although I have been growing it for many years, have yet to master. She just likes yankin my chain...

I showed her this and said, "Look at the pretty weeds honey". She just nodded and went back to her cell phone...Some will never figure it out.
Oh well I'm sure yall will appreciate her!

Made of Honor #2 Day 33 flower
IMG 1433

IMG 1435

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Lights are obviously the topic of the century.Im an indoor noob..Cannibis however outdoors...Two years ago i threw away a bunch of seeds i rejected for my needs.Low and behold i came back to the spot later on and to my amazement there was a dense small feild where i threw them out.Didnt plant a one.Males and females all over the place.Agreed real good weed takes practice and vigilance.But these things will sprout almost anywhere.Thats just my experience dont expect it to happen for everyone.

cow_iam

cow_iam

Weed grows practically anywhere. Its hard to kill it, some strain even survive the snow. I put some clones out this fall just for fun to see how well they would do in the winter. They lived until Dec.

Either I can spend $350 for a entire setup and get 4-5 OZ per grow or spend $2000 on lights and extra crap for a few more onces. I don't see the point unless you are a commercial grower. Since you can't sell it anyways unless you got a license. Its a waste of money. I ended up making 2LB of butter from 200 grams. Couldn't even give it away to my friends. Way to powerful. The next harvest I just gave jars away since in my state I can legally gift 1 OZ at at time.

In short, don't waste money on expensive setups. All you need is a single light, tent and fan. Total cost $350.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Weed grows practically anywhere. Its hard to kill it, some strain even survive the snow. I put some clones out this fall just for fun to see how well they would do in the winter. They lived until Dec.

Either I can spend $350 for a entire setup and get 4-5 OZ per grow or spend $2000 on lights and extra crap for a few more onces. I don't see the point unless you are a commercial grower. Since you can't sell it anyways unless you got a license. Its a waste of money. I ended up making 2LB of butter from 200 grams. Couldn't even give it away to my friends. Way to powerful. The next harvest I just gave jars away since in my state I can legally gift 1 OZ at at time.

In short, don't waste money on expensive setups. All you need is a single light, tent and fan. Total cost $350.
Im trying to keep my old lady,our 28 year old son and i in reefer for a year without funding local criminals.Grew what i thought would be enough last year outside.Wrong ill be out out by the middle/end of February.So im moved indoors.By my own possibly screwed up calculations and how much weve went thru a 10x10 and 4 450 watt quantum boards will supplement my outdoors output.4 plants outside are a misdemeanor here.

Top Bottom