• Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Whaddup Justiceman! Looks like you're killin' it as usual... :rock

justiceman

justiceman

so justice...I know you were using the master program before...do you thing 5ml of each product for each feeding is enough then?

It's weird...on my first grow I was using the regular roots program water/feed/water and I had totally green stems which tells me my K was good and I figured it was a lack of N that made my leaves dry up then....Now i'm using the master program and some and I have stems that have purple striping and still yellowing leaves.
When I was using the master program I had Amino Aide, and Big swell. Those two are honestly the backbone of the master program. They are immediately available when applied unlike the rest of the roots organics nutrients. Without them I'm thinking it's necessary to increase the other nutrients dramatically to compensate. The master schedule works great IF you have all the nutrients it calls for otherwise it's a fragmented schedule. That's why the Roots Organics schedule has far higher application rates then the Master schedule. Check out the difference

Roots Organics Feeding Schedule

Master Feeding Schedule 5ml Program

Looking real solid! Where can i get some of those green cages from?
Thanks pezo. I got those cages at Home Depot in the garden section where they sell other types of stakes and supports for plants.

:afroweed:NICE PICS JUSTICEMAN!!!....I just got use of a camera so I deffinitly will post some pics. Right now im running some Grape Ape's in a scrog that r really looking like they r gonna pack on some weight. My Gorilla Grape/Grape Ape's is about 4 weeks into veg right now,I will posting pics of all my strains I've been blessed with as soon as I can.
Right on kooter I'm lookin forward to seeing those pictures.

Whaddup Justiceman! Looks like you're killin' it as usual... :rock
Yo shady long time no see buddy! Thanks man. I'm a bit low on the N department and such(whats new haha) but other then that this grow seems to be going quite well. I'm liking the soil mix, and I'm liking the Earth Juice indeed.

justiceman

justiceman

Week 6 Flower

Yo everyone! Coming around to the last few weeks of flower. The strain supposedly finishes around week 7 or 8. By the looks of things I'm thinking this is gonna be AT LEAST week 8 if not week 9 or maybe even 10. What do you guys think? Either way the Grape Ape's are looking great. I believe I talked about how last week they started to purple up a bit. Well now they are surely changing colors and fast. I'm hoping the whole tent will change colors by the time I pull and not just the tops.

So on a side note last week I was talking about my assumptions on the root zones being a bit cold because of watering frequency. well for some reason the water needs went back up(maybe slight cold spell last week?) and I put my thermo/hygrometer down on the ground next to the pots last week. With lights on it actually reads at about 79 witch I feel is fine. Lights off and the whole room drops about 12 degrees though.

Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

11/23/11
6gal Filtered Tap
5ml Flora Licious plus
25ml Catalyst
25ml Micro blast
50ml Grow
100ml Bloom
25ml Big Bloomin guano
25ml HPK
30ml Hi Brix
30ml Meta K
30ml Hygrozyme
Orca

11/26/11
Improved Boogie Brew

You may have noticed the "Improved" boogie brew in my feeding schedule. I was using the original formula as my compost tea for this grow as it's ingredient list was better then any tea I could make with my current archived dry ingredients. Recently I was able to acquire an improved version with some added key ingredients in my opinion. Interestingly enough the bat guano was omitted from the new recipe. I'm assuming this is because many shun the use of guano in compost teas. Here are some pictures of the boogie, and what it looks like at roughly a 12 hour brew time following the instructions on the bag.

I'm really liking this tea. One thing I have to point out is when I brew my normal casting teas I often add mollases and after 24 hours I wouldn't say it smells foul or bad, but its earthy smell seems to diminish later on in the brew. As for this one the earthy smell is excellent all the way through. Another thing I'd like to point out is my normal casting teas don't get very foamy until the 24 hour mark, or maybe even the 36 hour mark. The boogie brew on the other hand starts foaming within hours and by the 12 hour mark it's ready to apply! That's gonna save me brew time and electricity so I'm happy. If you want to check out the ingredients click on the second picture to zoom in.

IMG 2554

IMG 2555

Photo

You might notice the whitish mycelium network developing on the top of the boogie brew. If you've ever read Teaming With Microbes your heart should jump at the prospect of fungal activated compost!
IMG 2557

Alright alright enough of the brew stuff right? Lets get down with some shots of the oh so beautiful Grape Ape!

IMG 2539

IMG 2547

IMG 2542

IMG 2540

IMG 2545

IMG 2544

IMG 2550

IMG 2551

IMG 2553

G

GrimloxK

looking super frosty!

get in their with the camera bro...I wanna see trichs lol

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Beautiful bud shots and colors justiceman! :sign0005:

justiceman

justiceman

Week 7 Flower

looking super frosty!

get in their with the camera bro...I wanna see trichs lol
Haha thanks man. I'm trying to get in pretty close. You should open up the pictures and zoom in. Should still be pretty good quality.

Beautiful bud shots and colors justiceman! :sign0005:
Yo shady thanks. I'm definitely liking the floral colors on this particular grow.

---------------------------------

Alright guys It's week 7 witch would be day 49 of flower. By the looks of things I'm going to feed until week 8 and then I'm going to start their plain water diet until week 9. Then at week 9 I will most likely pull'em. WOW so I'm not sure if it's just the strain or if that Boogie Brew helped out but the floral colors are really starting to surface right now. Man I can't wait to see what they look like in 2 weeks!

The aroma is overpowering I love it. I'm glad I did a run of these because I have some sativa/indica hybrids bud witch are great but I'm looking for something that has a bit more pain relief and sleepy time effects. I'm thinking this Grape Ape will be the ticket.

Here's what I have been feeding them as of late.

11/30/11
5gal Filtered Tap
5ml Floralicious plus
100ml Bloom
25ml Big Bloomin guano
50ml Hi Brix
12.5ml Meta K
25ml Hygrozyme
Orca

12/4/11
5gal Filtered Tap
25ml Micro Blast
25ml Bio Bud
100ml Bloom
25ml Big Bloomin guano
50ml Hi Brix
25ml Meta K

Alright so enough of the mumbo jumbo and onto the pictures right?

IMG 2563

IMG 2562

IMG 2565

IMG 2566

IMG 2567

IMG 2568

IMG 2569

IMG 2570

P

paperplane

them girls are bluhing good for you. If you havent started already I would start flushing them. A nice 2 week flush those girls will be black. You got a lot of color going on there already. Nice Job.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Gorgeous bud shots brah! You've got them girls lookin' sexy... :cool

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Looking really good there! Boogie Brew sounds like good ingredients except for the Chicken Litter...but that's just a personal pref..

Gotta love the grape ape Justiceman!

G

GrimloxK

Justice...i'm diggin the new pics...love the rich colors.

I'm 50/50 on the chicken manure also...I never used it but i've read numerous grow diaries that had complications from it. But when you think about it it depends on what the chickens get fed, probably some sort of soy meal which is used in our roots organics nutes as well.

I gotta mess with some purple strains one day.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031: Really nice grow man everything looked great grape ape is a knockout strain for sure one of my faavorites ls really enjoy kings kush(grape apeXog kush) anyway great job bro and if you got the time swing my way and check out my little grow take care and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

justiceman

justiceman

them girls are bluhing good for you. If you havent started already I would start flushing them. A nice 2 week flush those girls will be black. You got a lot of color going on there already. Nice Job.
I was thinking of feeding them one or two more times but I might be better off starting the flush sooner as you said. Thanks man.

Gorgeous bud shots brah! You've got them girls lookin' sexy... :cool
Right on shady thank you.

Looking really good there! Boogie Brew sounds like good ingredients except for the Chicken Litter...but that's just a personal pref..

Gotta love the grape ape Justiceman!
Right on baba. Ya I feel what your saying on the chicken litter. It could possibly harbor pathogens, weed seeds, etc. I'm thinking it's been well composted with the rest of the ingredients making it more bio available and stable though. The part that put me at ease was the phrase "Chicken litter ferment". That leads me to believe it was processed by some random blend of microbes or by a commercial EM product.

Justice...i'm diggin the new pics...love the rich colors.

I'm 50/50 on the chicken manure also...I never used it but i've read numerous grow diaries that had complications from it. But when you think about it it depends on what the chickens get fed, probably some sort of soy meal which is used in our roots organics nutes as well.

I gotta mess with some purple strains one day.
Ya I'm definitely liking the colors as well grim. What the chickens are fed is definitely a good point to consider for sure. I'm thinking though that at the very least chicken litter ferment is most likely safer then straight chicken litter or composted chicken litter.

lookin steller justice! u keep on killin it bro!
Yo winta! Thanks for the sweet vibes yo.

:evilgrin0031: Really nice grow man everything looked great grape ape is a knockout strain for sure one of my faavorites ls really enjoy kings kush(grape apeXog kush) anyway great job bro and if you got the time swing my way and check out my little grow take care and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
Killer I'm about to go check your grow out right now. Are you growing kings kush right now? I've got a nice mom of Skywalker OG and I'm about to run it next.

Those are great looking plants man
Thanks yo much appreciated.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:Thanks for checking out my grow and as for the kings kush im not growing it right now i had a friend who grew it a while back and ive also had it from other sources quite a few times and its always been almost identical every time and i really like it it always had a very bluedreamy incensy smell and taste that i really like it wasnt what i expected out of the cross but in my experience a very dank strain non the less more of a daytime smoke also my friend just has a really nice batch of skwalker og about 3 weeks ago so cant wait to see them pics take care brother and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

justiceman

justiceman

Week 8 Flower

:evilgrin0031:Thanks for checking out my grow and as for the kings kush im not growing it right now i had a friend who grew it a while back and ive also had it from other sources quite a few times and its always been almost identical every time and i really like it it always had a very bluedreamy incensy smell and taste that i really like it wasnt what i expected out of the cross but in my experience a very dank strain non the less more of a daytime smoke also my friend just has a really nice batch of skwalker og about 3 weeks ago so cant wait to see them pics take care brother and stay high

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Right on Killer no prob. Man I cannot wait to run that skywalker! I sure wouldn't be opposed to kings kush either though haha. I definitely like the smell of bluedream so It'd be interesting to experience that mixed with og kush.

--------------------------------

Yo everyone so this run is beginning to come to a close. It is week 8 of flower and I'm aiming to pull the ladies down within the week. They've been lifting up their skirts as of late but they are a bit shy so they are blushing:mmm. I just took a couple super embarrassing shots so be sure to witness massive blushing indeed.:inlove According to paperplane I started giving just plain water with my last feed instead of continuing to feed. I think that was a good idea to ensure an adequate flush. Thanks again paperplane.

So far I am really liking my experience with Earth Juice. It's a solid/cheap organic nutrient line and it does not require ph adjustment. Their were many times when I didn't aerate the solution to bring up the PH. I would just mix EJ into my filtered tap(PH 3.7 to 4) and water it in. The microbes in my soil mix took care of the rest for me. It really seemed to bring out the aromas and floral colors. I can't wait to actually smoke this grape ape though!

Here's what I have been giving them as of late.

12/9/11
R/O water

I already posted the soil mix I used at the start of this thread but I thought It might be good for review if I posted it again so here it is.

Soil Mix:
3 cubic ft Master Nursery potting soil
25lb Napa floor dry(diatomite)
.5 cubic ft Ancient Forest Humus
1 1/6 cup mykos(mychorhizae)
3.5 cups insect frass(2-2-2)
18oz Neem Seed meal(5-1-2)
6oz rock phosphate(0-3-0)
9 oz azomite(0-0-.2)(Trace Minerals)
9oz fish bone meal(3-16-0)
16oz Dolomite lime(Calcium/Magnesium)

(when transplanted Azos{N fixing bacteria} was added at heaping tsp per hole and on rootball)

Alright so enough talking more looking. Here are the pictures.
IMG 2573

IMG 2575

IMG 2579

IMG 2580

IMG 2581

IMG 2583

IMG 2584

IMG 2585

G

GrimloxK

It's always nice to see a fellow farmer being able to harvest some great MJ.

Looking dank man...probably the best colors i've seen in a grow diary.

Are you doing any flushing? Or what's your regimen for when you harvest?

Bless.

F

fuzzy

nice job!

Looking Really Yummy in there G!Keep up the Great work! peace,fuzzy

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031: Damn bro looking good i hope mine look half
that nice great job man and i wanted to clarify my post about the kings kush
the kings kush is grape ape crossed with og kush and it smells similar to bluedream but IMO much stronger meds lol sorry i was high when i wrote the first post and it wasnt very clearly stated take care and stay high brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Latest posts

Top Bottom