Kaskadian's 150w Hps Growbox

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Better late than never! I'm back in the country and have a few updates. Unfortunately, I chipped part of the cabinet while sanding. I had to fill that in (downside with using plywood), but will be sanding it down and staining it multiple times to help cover it as best as I can. I'd redo the side of the cabinet if I had more time but I'm moving back to the PNW in 3 weeks and don't have the extra time necessary to redo all of that.

I've also started staining & painting the cabinet. In these pictures, the back has already been stained (the top & sides are still wet) so the back will appear lighter than the top/sides. I'll be updating this soon.

Kas 1   Copy 2   Copy 3   Copy 4   Copy 009   Copy 012   Copy 2 013   Copy 2 015   Copy 2 016   Copy 2 018   Copy 2 022   Copy

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Also, here are a few basic pictures (before staining/painting) to give you guys & gals a basic idea of what she's going to look like when finished.

Cab1 Cab2

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Updated pictures of the stain. Door pictures will come soon. The trim needs another coat (or two), but the wood in general is lighter so the stain will not match the main cabinet 100%. I'm thinking it'll be a nice offset though.

1 2 3 4

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You're going to need a much larger intake bud. That small hole on the bottom will not suffice for what you're going to run in this thing. Let me see if I can find the formula you need, but you need at least equal area of intake to exhaust. But this is going to be a very, VERY nice micro box. Can't wait to see more!

One Love,
tobh

H

happy b

GREAT THREAD MAN.i been growing in cupboards for over a decade now and iv never looked back.i flower in a 30 x 45 (cant remember how tall) cupboard and veg,clone and keep moms in a 35x25 cupboard with 2 levels.most people are totally suprised at what i pull out it.
respect to ya

mikeb437

mikeb437

Tell me what you will be doing for odor control. My last grow was a total failure because of the smell. The big fans are too noisy and the pc fans are too weak to push air thru a filter. At least in my experience

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Tell me what you will be doing for odor control. My last grow was a total failure because of the smell. The big fans are too noisy and the pc fans are too weak to push air thru a filter. At least in my experience

Upgrade to higher dollar, better manufactured fans. If it's the fan itself, build an insulated box to dampen any sound from the motor running. Air movement, get a muffler and a good carbon filter. $80 bucks gets you a pretty solid fan that runs quiet and should be adequate for most micro spaces. Depends on the volume of air you're trying to move as well and how quickly you want it to cycle.

PC fans aren't meant to move a ton of air until you get into the larger fan and they also aren't designed to have any resistance in their air path. You have to use some kind of fan which is designed to pressurize a system to some extent. It's all in the blade design. Flat blades, can't push past x resistance. More angle on blades plus more blades overall, better suited for actual air cycling in a pressurized environment. Squirrel cages can be good too but they're loud and not suited for small environments.

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Damn... it's been such a long time since I was able to check back in. I'll update pictures soon. The box is packed up; getting ready to move into a new house. I would say sorry, but there are no excuses for a build project taking over a year. The box was originally damaged in the move back out West. I thought about scrapping it, but I'll be able to salvage it.

Thanks for the support guys/gals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom