Solved Keep getting message from Chromium

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
While I was trying to find a photo I wanted to attach to a thread I kept getting a Chromium message that the page(s) at THCFarmer have stopped responding, asking if I wanted to kill the page or wait. I continued to tell it to wait, went back to the pages and they appeared to be functioning normally.

Is this due to how I view the site, by opening tabs of the threads I want to see instead of simply clicking on each on? Yes, I will get myself a huge-ass row of tabs going in my window. But if I don't then I often lose track of what I want to read.

Ummm... Teck? Am I doin' it wrong?

Reactions: mal
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

20.0.1132.57 m is the most current stable release of Chrome, are you using that ?

T

TECK

Probably a Chromium bug? No idea, sorry. Anyone else using Chromium without issues?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've only begun using it relatively recently, I can't seem to find an 'About' for it so I'll have to check via the software center.

I feel so unique!

Good Lord. I can easily find version information for damn near everything else I've got running, except Chromium. It could be because I'm using Ubuntu Unity, I have no idea at this point, but I'm going to assume that it's due to the combination of factors--my OS, viewing habits/styles, modem, router, ISP, what-the-fuck-ever, but I don't think it's on your end.

T

TECK

I'm marking this as Solved, since there is no feedback on the subject.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought my response was it. I've never been able to repeat the issue since that particular day, so yeah, the issue is resolved, I just can't give any more information as to why.

T

TECK

We are not Chromium developers, please report your platform issue to the devs instead.
At least we know your issue is not related to our server setup. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I actually reported it to Chrome first. They're not quite as responsive as you are. The thing was, was that it only happened with this site, no other sites. I'm assuming at this point they're not so interested in keeping up with the issues experienced by the Linux community as they would be with the Windows and Mac communities.

Either way, I think something has changed because it has never happened again and the site is FUCKING SMOKING FAST. Shit! Lookit my fingertips! I got burned THCFarmer is so fast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jesus, do you guys have your server next door to my house, or what? How is this even physically possible? I know how many handshakes I have to go through, I'm on a CLEC ISP.

Top Bottom