Keep going, or clone, and start over?

• Thread starter coralreefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coralreefer

Hey all complete hydro newb here. This is my first grow and I did a supper stupid thing. I started in soil and then transplanted to hydro (clones, to 4 inch pot till well rooted, then into rDWC).

Obviously (form what I know now) the roots died, and started to regrow. Then I had the Root Riot plugs too wet and some of the new roots got rot. I've add hydroguard and they are growing roots back again, but they have been stunted for about 10-12 days.

Since this is my first grow I been considering continuing it, just to keep cutting my teeth perfecting my processes. On the other hand I feel it could be a waste of time and product to continue with my subpar start. I started to cut them for clones, and that's when I noticed they all had decent new rot growth (1 or 2 long root steams with small feeders starting) so, now I'm conflicted.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clones
2. How old are your plants? 2 months
3. How tall are your plants? 12/18
4. What type of hydro system are you using? rDWC (smaller r since it is a very small pump)
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Fox farm Gro big hydro, microbrew, hydroguard,
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 6.1 (keep around 6)
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? use RO 9/350
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 600/1300
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 68
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Falls
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? usually falls but today it went up
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") LED Spiderfarmer 4000
14. How close are your lights to the plants? couple feet
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 400 (half used for veggies)
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 76/50
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? gnats
18. How much experience do you have growing? Hydro none, cannabis very little

Keep going or clone and start over

Keep going or clone and start over 2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's hard to tell from this distance, but it looks like they either need a little N or Mg, maybe K. I wouldn't start over, just remedy the deficiencies.

I don't know anything about hydro, so what to do, after figuring out what deficiencies you have, is for someone else to answer.

C

coralreefer

N or Mg, maybe K

Out of those I would guess Mg, as I do not have a supplement for that yet.

A couple closer ups with roots.

My worst one 1st. (also purple/redish steams)
20220114 141313
20220114 141342

And then one that has more root regrowth.

20220114 141423
20220114 141359

Those roots looks much better than a week ago!

Top Bottom