Keep or snip? Vote now!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all. Thinking it's time to cull the first node on this plant. I've topped at 4 nodes, I've done a bit of reading that says better to top at 3 and mainline, or top at 4 and lose the bottom node. Some do show good growth on node one, but usually another is smaller. They seem to be able to support three really well but not four.

I think the one in the pic is not doing much. Very thin and all of it hidden under the canopy (see 2nd pic). See the pic of her sister node from the other side, she's cleared the canopy and getting good light (centre of picture, far right of plant).

Will this one stretch enough to become a top? Or is it just wasting resources and not gonna produce good anyway? I'm on day 8 of flower btw in Coco, so still plenty of stretch left. Let me know what you think!

Keep or snip vote now
Keep or snip vote now 2
Keep or snip vote now 3
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

3.9 degree celsius? 🥶

I would lollipop/ remove all small growth underneath to have all energy directed to the tops

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm definitely trimming all the larfy stuff, like if I keep this one it'll be bare up to the head. But I'm wondering whether to take the whole branch off. Node is not swollen like the other side add doesn't seem to be able to clear the canopy.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

3.9 degree celsius? 🥶

I would lollipop/ remove all small growth underneath to have all energy directed to the tops
This was what I found this evening and what I did. Had not adjusted ties for a while, did that just to take some strain off the net, thinned and took off leggy shoots below that weren't going to reach top or be anything. ☺ Open up the bowls to get some light to those guys in the middle, should have good coverage by end of stretch I hope.

9D5EC0EA 9814 46E5 8498 4AD64C3509FD
37E4A1ED 5600 4D1B 8B9D 91AC7B1C46FB
D9A64945 22FF 4A16 880A 0441D99DF2DD
B6DDE587 5D48 464A A8E5 18554C62C742
82EDB8F4 2850 4D1C 87D4 6F449EACF307
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Looks good to me, that fan is a bit too close for comfort for me. I have been through a few fans and clip ons, if there is too little room to avoid too hard of a blow i would direct the fan towards one of the tent walls. Looks like that is the case with fan nr 2

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Looks good to me, that fan is a bit too close for comfort for me. I have been through a few fans and clip ons, if there is too little room to avoid too hard of a blow i would direct the fan towards one of the tent walls. Looks like that is the case with fan nr 2
They are oscillating so those are just still shots. Would you stop them oscillating and point them at the wall? My concern is I'm unable to get RH below 70 since I fitted the filter. A bit worried about microclimates under those suckers. From what you're saying the wind damage could be worse than the humidity?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

No would not stop the oscillating:)
You were right though there was some wind burn on the small one at the front, underneath on the new growth. Have moved it above the canopy which I think will help. The other one is near a tree that is sturdy and empty under the canopy. Good to have one below and one above anyway I think.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes you are right! Someone use timers on their fans. Do you? I dont, but I am sure I should

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Yes you are right! Someone use timers on their fans. Do you? I dont, but I am sure I should
I have mine going 24/7 at full atm just to stay at 70%. Was better without the filter, was starting at 40. Will need to get dehumidifier I think

Top Bottom