Keeping Temps Down? / Sterile DWC

• Thread starter theoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
theoe

theoe

Is it necessary to maintain <68F water temps when running a sterile bubble bucket? Interested in hearing about anyones experiences with a sterile grow.
If it is still an issue, what are some good ways of keep the temps down? I can’t afford a chiller! (Not yet anyway)
I have sprayed the exterior of the buckets white and lined the lids with foil but temps still don’t get lower than 70. can I use ice packs in the res? would these these need changing out daily?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Sterile is good for 66-70f, live systems are good for 70-75f

Calmag, flora trio, and hydro guard is all you need if running 70f or higher.

Live systems uses living organisms to keep your roots clean. Sterile systems uses corrosives that destroy the cell walls of living organisms. You cannot combine the two systems. Corrosive additives will kill your live system.

If you want to run sterile do it correctly with a chiller, h202 and the correct enzymes with frequent res changes.

It you want to run live buy what i listed above, ensure no light gets through your net pot or through your airlines into your water. Keep your res temps at 72f for live systems. You can move your air pump into your tent or climate controlled room to control your res temps. Avoid using your light to controll room temps. Run your system idle under max lights to ensure res temps stay in range.

Best part about live systems is they have faster growth due to warmer water temps speeding up the plants metabolism.

You wont regret using hydro guard. Once you master the simple setup. You can tweak your ingredients but id start with what i mentioned. . works a little too well . . good luck

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is it necessary to maintain <68F water temps when running a sterile bubble bucket? Interested in hearing about anyones experiences with a sterile grow.
If it is still an issue, what are some good ways of keep the temps down? I can’t afford a chiller! (Not yet anyway)
I have sprayed the exterior of the buckets white and lined the lids with foil but temps still don’t get lower than 70. can I use ice packs in the res? would these these need changing out daily?
70 is good. No worries.

Top Bottom