Ken's Cut of Grandaddy Purple

• Thread starter AlphaDog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
southstreets

southstreets

i think GDP is the tastiest, but overall i got to go with the grape ape... i little bit more potent than the gdp and still tasty... south

P

pokerman

i haven't had any gdp but i had the grape ape.... for me it wasn't potent enough but did taste good......

R

Rabbi

rabbi how did she yield outside? and how come it didnt turn purple? when i put mine out side in nor ca every leaf on the plant turns solid purple by september, its crazy looking theres no green left at all, its a solid purple plant very pretty, ill take pics again this year i had some pics but my dog ate my camara and chip, the most i got was a pound outside but i averaged around 13 oz per plant 4 foot plants, the pound plant was a 3 foot mother i put out it was 6 feet tall 6 feet wide when done

mine turned purple last 3 weeks of sept when temp drop below 50 around the 21st. The pictured plant still had 6 weeks to go. Average on Kens gdp it gave pound to pound and a half outside.

B

Bigtone888

Hey Blockhead,

I just recieved your messsage. I have been MIA lately, but please no worries. I tried PMing you, but I am restricted from that for some reason. I post a comment early and I received a PM that it was moved. But IMHO, it was deleted. I do have a lot of questions, but i do not know how you can receive them with these/my restrictions.

Out.
T.

P

pokerman

sup skyhi could u tell me where the kens club is at?

I understand completely, but i dont think you read my post completely....i CAN get the REAL DEAL KENS HIS club is DOWN THE STREET from my work...and i CAN GET FINISHED FLOWERS from there aswell and i just dont like it its not that potent and not that tasty IMVHO but give the same thing to my co worker and he will tell you its the tastiest grapey fire hes ever had...to me its just not grapey or potent....the Purple dragon fly on the other hand is a different story.

I do agree 100% its one of the best purples out here

G

gosh408

kens club...Grandaddypurp Collective Inc. (GDPC) 2924 Hilltop Mall Rd., Richmond, Ca. 94806
Phone: (510) 243-7575

dirrtyd

dirrtyd

I have to agree with some of the previous posters the Kens GDP from his collective does come with pests but it grows great outdoors. Also it is not hard to clone will be running a few outside this year.

A

akashefi12

Hey Purpleblockhead,
Whats up bro... I happened to come across this thread after picking up a "kens GDP" recently from Harborside. I have also been on the hunt you mentioned growing a number of GDPs, PKs, urkles etc but none that were the true genetics i used to pick up in flower form from the clubs.
Anyway, hit me up bro - I'm from the east bay and i got some KILLER cuts myself. God's Gift that smells like candy, pretty hardball and covered and crystals and definitely the purple taste and smell...you know, the real deal GG. For some reason I cant PM you cause i'm so new here but hit me up, I would love to speak further!!

H

hashcat

What day are you guys chopping your kens??
I have a room at day 45 and dont know if I should flush now for an 8 week harvest or hold off for a 9 week harvest window.

The plants look great by the way and are pretty solid top to bottom but I grow in a stadium so they ysually are anyway. Also starting to purple up nicely.
I gotem from the gdp collective and yeah they came with mites thrips and gnats lmao so be careful

M

madmangos

just picked up a Kens GDP cut from Paitent to Paitent(sister club to GDP collective). going to mother her out. as soon as i put her in a pot she took right off. been lookin for mites, thrips gnats, so far so clean. try to post an update when i flower her :)

G

gaschamber420

just picked up a Kens GDP cut from Paitent to Paitent(sister club to GDP collective). going to mother her out. as soon as i put her in a pot she took right off. been lookin for mites, thrips gnats, so far so clean. try to post an update when i flower her :)

i have a kens GDP clone i got it at the grandaddy purp collective and its 5 and a half im useing 2 LED pannels and so far shes looking sooo dankk :D

S

shastagrape

Just got some of this today.

I personally would prefer to find Grape Ape clones/seeds. I've smoked both strands extensively and have found that while both make me feel dreamy, content, calm and relaxed; GDP makes me fall asleep. I can always function (albeit a little limited) with the Grapes, but GDP just makes my brain dull and sleepy. It is GREAT for knockouts.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kin`s cut is one of the best purples out there no dought. But it is not an original purple, it is a cross with erkle in it. Erkle,Grape Ape,and Mendo Purps(as well as others) all owe some genetics to Great Grand Dad. There are other purples such as Blueberry and Blackberry do not share genetics form Great Grand Dad.I`m not sure about Soma`s lavender,I`d have to ask him. My Talk of Kabul(ToK) can turn a deep dark purple to black from tip to any roots showing and is an IBL from the Kush Mountians of Afganistan.Many strains can turn purple in cool weather,a few even in warm weather.

S

sidewing

been running the kens for a couple years now and got it down. she yields fairly well.. im getting about 3-4oz a plant inside under a 1k.. 4 plants under a 1k. in my opinion she doesnt purple at regular temps.. but it doesnt take away from any of the traits.. right now since its cold she is going purple already during the 7th week.. im going day 70 to make sure its good meds. been in a lot of pain lately with my back. but id recommend going at least 63 days no earlier even though she looks ready.. it helps develop the flavor character more.. u can do a 56 day chop and it wont put u to sleep as bad as a day 70 chop.. but i dont feel u are maximizing the strains full potential by pulling a week or 2 earlier than u should.. im a firm believer that any strain that is ready on day 49 (and a lot of people pull that early these days) will only be that much better (and yield more) on a day 63-70 pull.

H

holisticnursery

KEN'S GRANDDADDY PURP SEEDS, THE CALI CONNECTION, AND TGA GENETICS SEED PACKS ARE AVAIL FOR PICK UP TODAY AT A SEED BANK IN SAN DIEGO, CA. HAS ANY BODY HEARD OF THIS OR HAVE ANY CONTACT INFO I REALLY WANT TO GROW THE ORIGINAL GDP SEEDS! THX

SEED WHORE

SEED WHORE

i got both the kens cut and the c.v version...which do you peoples prefer and how long are you running them?

H

holisticnursery

I love KEN'S GDP! The seeds are avail at h. nursery in San Diego, CA . Ken's Granddaddy Purp Genetics is offering seed packs of granddaddy purp, bay eleven, and ken' kush! I've been growin purps since 2005 and will run them for the next thirty years... hahaha

homebrew420

homebrew420

Been growing this one on and off for a few years. Not overly potent but boy the flavor and beauty of this cut is remarkable for sure. I Also have the Grape Ape, which is another winner for sure with much larger yields and dense flowers. I find the GDP goes purple around week 3 regardless of temp.

Peace

H

holisticnursery

Ken's "granddaddy purp" genetics is very potent, truly medicinal, and tasty smoke. The "original GDP" he was gifted from the Native Americans. He's had the same Purple mother plant for over thirty years, hahahaha. Go to www.granddaddypurp.com for more info and facts, got purps seeds? Grapeape is also excellent meds for cancer patients, and it does grow dense smelly grapey flowers.

Top Bottom