Kettle's 1st DWC.

• Thread starter Kettle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kettle

Kettle

G'day guys,

1st proper indoor grow here. I have one good outside, so have some experience (Biggest 1 plant yield fluffy bud but good none the less 1.3kg (2.8lb))

Have significant challenges where I am (on the plains where the agricultural land is trying to not turn to desert on your way to middle of oz) with climate change changing the ground to lava in summer, up to 50 degrees C, last summer for December and January the av high was 39.9'C but it was the average lows that sucked around 30'C . Now this room as perfect as it is, wasn't built by me and has no insulation and corrugated walls. however that's for summer (really considering evaporative cooling) I do have a large chiller but aircon of some type is going to be a must, if I even try in summer inside.... we'll see.

at the moment (mid winter) it is mid teens day to -5"C at night, so I have a heater set at 17"C (sorry everyone I know a lot of you use the imperial measurement system but I don't.... its really annoying to me that so many nutrients use gallons and then use mils, not really annoying but funny.

Current specs at the moment are,

Tent 3 metres by 1.5 metres

Home built dwc, current culture copy pretty much apart from a few things I've adjusted to me, i.e. I can build this system entirely from a certain hardware shop we have everywhere here and all hate, it can be disconnected into individual buckets (via couplings) to take out side to leave outside in the sun, if I want. its also strong, built with storm water pits and good fittings, because I am retarded and likely to fall and grab a bucket and put my hand right through it. I have 2 more buckets just not plumbed in yet,

they work out to hold about 200 litres full or 50 gallons.

at the moment they are autos just because I have 6 seeds, I'm sure of 4 germinated and ill have to wait. delicious sugar black rose, and candy 3 of each and wanted to try out the system after of ages of tweaking adding bits and pieces and fixing leaks and pumps etc, not everything was new.

The water I start with is zero, pretty much, rainwater clean air, giant clean concrete underground tank, annoying, but good to know .

I currently don't have Cal mag and I'm thinking of switching to current culture nutes after I run out of the canna stuff I have mainly because I feel they are not trying to force me to use larger quantities then I need, what do you think

um 1/4 strength canna aqua vega and 125mm of rizotonic, (didn't know how much they recommend so I need some more) so I mixed it up half strength then thought this is madness for seedlings so I halved it again. I have half strength in the res witch I can top up with or save it till next fill, ideas?.

Lots of air, pond one 1200 6600 litres per hour, also to the res all into 100mm disc stones. (6600/60= 110lpm/50 gallons= 2.2lpm/pG according to current culture I should stick with 1/4 nutes, thoughts?)

If they don't all germ, and even if they do the space will be used for a mother, start etc.

Lights, 4x 550 clw solar system, at the moment they are about 36 inches away and set at wat they recommend (Red39/99White49/99Blue99/99,) is this too much at the moment? feels gnarly, 18 hours set to be overnight to help keep it warm....

oh I have a valve setup where I use a toilet float which is height adjustable that I love that I can post some how to shots.

Thanks in advance.

Kettle

Kettles 1st dwc
Kettles 1st dwc 2
Kettles 1st dwc 3
Kettle

Kettle

sorry they were pretty shitty photos, ill remember to turn the grow lights off. any how this is it a bit closer, everything else is next-door, as eventually the rest of the white room could be encroached on...

IMG 0207
Kettle

Kettle

up side down but you get the idea, its a universal bottom inlet toilet cistern float valve I think... you can plumb it from above the water line and elbow down, elbow across, elbow up, elbow out, but I forgot I could do it that way and then didn't have the bits and practicing my penetrations is ok too. the adjustment on the valve is about 120-150mm , this allows me to have it just below the rockwool platform in the cch2o net pots (thought about how to replace these and have some other options but in the end I went with them they just seem too good.) and down to about 50 mm below or lower, I'm not sure, just check you get the one with the most travel in the adjustment thread. its handy as I can just connect the H2o hos or the res without worrying about it overflowing, and I had to drain and refill this thing a few times, mainly from bits of plastic and shit stuck in the O rings and stuff and old plumbing fittings agggh,,,, just buy new. The reason I build stuff rather then just buy it is, I am in that industry, but I really think you can get stuff better suited to you then what you can buy, its a bit cheaper but only about 30-40% for me, but if you take into account your time or the potential weed time, for instance this float valve cost me about $40 I couldn't really find one in a hydro shop, but its better, and I really understand it.

any how have a good one.

IMG 0222
PharmerBob

PharmerBob

Awe thcfarmer your so dead all you do is delete helpful post of us allowing actual people instead of bots know where they can get info and help, your awful

I love growing marijuana has a great forum and to take down my post when all I’ve done is helped members here is ridiculous.

You prove to everyone why this forum has gone down hill so quickly, the moderators are nazi’s!

Top Bottom