Killer "ROC" Strains...bluhazebx2blu X Romulan, Grape Romulan, & Orange X Pineapple w/Induction Lite

Hi Farmer's!

This diary is somewhat of a carry-over from my "Maxy-Pad" journal. I wanted to run a separate diary on ROC's killer gear! ROC is a semi-private breeder who has done great work with some classic, old-school "impossible-to-come-by" genetics! (I'll try to get ROC to drop by and post some info/comments on his work.) I'll post up what I know about them as we go. I also invite anyone who's familiar with his work to chime in, and if you've been lucky enough to grow it out, feel free to post up your best pic!

Here are the strains we'll be running this round...

bluhzbx2blu X Romulan - (ROC)
Orange X Pineapple - (ROC)
Grape Romulan - (ROC)
Blueberry - (D.J. Short)
Skywalker Kush - (Reserva Privada)
Chocolope - (DNA Genetics)

I have a bunch of other ROC gear we'll be cracking as we go along too. I have some of his skunk, NL5, C-99, Orange OGK & Chemdawg crosses to name a few! Good times ahead!!! ;)

A little about my set-up...

Soil grower, not 100% organic yet, but getting there as rapidly as I can! I'll be feeding with Fox Farm nutes when necessary, and will be using compost &/or guano teas that I'll brew here as well. I have several new tea recipes I'm anxious to try out this round too. I'll be using Happy Frog and Ocean Forrest soils.

I'm running a new Inda-gro PAR 420 Pro Induction light w/pontoon. This is my first complete run with this light, and I'm very anxious to see how it does. So far, I've been very happy with it. The running temps are very cool, and it seemed to do a great job finishing up flowering my last round. This is an apartment stealth grow, and I'm already challenging my carbon scrubbers! My flower tent is 3'x 4-1/2' and the veg tent is 2' x 4'. I've got a 2'x2' tent outfitted with a carbon filter/fan that I use exclusively for drying. If you have any questions about the set-up, or anything else, don't hesitate to ask. We're friendly and easy going in here!

In addition to the ROC strains, I'm also running a Skywalker Kush from Reserva Privada, D.J. Short's original Blueberry (looking for a keeper) and DNA's Chocolope. The main focus here will be on ROC's gear, but since the others are here, I'll be listing them too.

Here's a group shot of the flowering tent at present:

group.jpg

I have them bunched up right under the light right now...but we'll be filling that tent up soon...smell permitting! :facepalm:

Okay. First up.... bluhzbx2blu X Romulan - As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) this is a very special cut of D.J. Short's old-school Blueberry crossed to a haze variety (unknown to me), then back crossed to the Blueberry again, and this was finally crossed with the Romulan. My understanding is that the Romulan was straight-ass fire! ROC says it's the best he has ever come across in 30 years of growing! Knowing something of the company he keeps...that's REALLY saying something!
Mine are about 4 weeks old and are still vegging. I'm just getting them loaded up good and want to let them veg out just a bit more, then I'll be flipping them VERY soon! The funk even in veg is strong as hell! I seriously don't know how this is going to work out! lmao! Beautiful structure on these gals. Strong, sturdy stems and well branched with close nodes. I'm lovin' it!

And here are the babies, just on their way to the party!
starts.jpg

Unfortunately, I got a bad bag of Happy Frog and it's caused me to experience some damping off. First one of the DJ Short Bluberry's went down and I was able to revive her with a bit of peroxide. It's set her back a bit, but I'm hoping for good things! I see the fact that it survived to ba a miracle, so she's definitely my miracle-child!

Next, I lost my chocolope to the damping off too.

chocolope.jpg

I'm still working trying to bring her back, but it's not looking good right now I'm afraid. If it doesn't survive, I'll be cracking another one soon. I also lost my Grape Romulan, and will be replacing it very soon too!

bluhzbx2blu X Romulan:
blupair.jpg

blu.jpg

These next shots are of the Skywalker Kush that was generously gifted to me by Don Peppy (Thanx bro)! I tried to get some pics to show the damage from the FF Ocean Forrest soil. This plant was burned when I up-potted from the Happy Frog to the FFOF. No nutes have been given to it. It's setting buds, but the burn certainly has hurt me and slowed things down. It's at Day 19 since flip in these pics.

sky1.jpg

sky2.jpg

skyburn.jpg

Pretty ugly, huh? It's growing at a pretty good rate again now, so I'm hopeful that I'm past the worst of it. I'll be posting updates when there's something to show, and then weekly once we get into heavy flowering.

As for the damping off...I think the problem will be solved with a fresh bag of dirt. This last batch had a terrible fungus gnat infestation, and I'm thinking they may have vectored in a fungal infection...

trap.jpg

Nasty little fuckers! I hate 'em! :finger:

From time-to-time, BCBD sells ROC's work...but try not to hold that against him! lol. I'm hopeful that Logic might be interested in offering his gear. If you'd like to see it offered, shoot Logic a message and let him know! If he gets a few requests, he might be interested. I think it would be a "win-win" for everybody! In the meantime, if you want to get ahold of ROC's gear, PM me and I'll try to put you in touch.

Thanks for dropping in! Me casa, su casa!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Those bluhzbx2blu X Romulan are squat little mofos!
Almost as wide as they are tall.
And darrrrk green.
Real nice. I like genetics like that.
Would like to see what they're like in flower.

Best of luck Max.

Wow I'm excited for this grow, why aren't your lights closer to your plants? I'd think since you are using a sort of flourcent lighting you would keep them as close as you can being that they don't give off that much heat. Or you do that for photo purposes? Lol. Damn bro that's a lot of bugs gross. And I thought I had it bad. I have like 2-3 flying around .. And man would I loveeee to get my hands on some of that c99 or even ROC's gear

Those bluhzbx2blu X Romulan are squat little mofos!
Almost as wide as they are tall.
And darrrrk green.
Real nice. I like genetics like that.
Would like to see what they're like in flower.

Best of luck Max.
Thanks man...yeah, i agree! They are beautiful plants! Thanks for the kind words! Hang around, we'll be flipping them very soon! ;)

Love the set up, and the killer line up my brother.. You know I'll be tuned in bro.. Now excuss me, I have a chocolope to sow.. I tried, But I can't wait another day..lol.. Best always.. DP
Haha...I hear ya, DP! I'm fighting the temptation to crack another one...but I'm not doing anything until I get the fresh soil! I couldn't bear to lose another one! I am wanting that chocolope pretty bad tho...so.... :joyful:

Wow I'm excited for this grow, why aren't your lights closer to your plants? I'd think since you are using a sort of flourcent lighting you would keep them as close as you can being that they don't give off that much heat. Or you do that for photo purposes? Lol. Damn bro that's a lot of bugs gross. And I thought I had it bad. I have like 2-3 flying around .. And man would I loveeee to get my hands on some of that c99 or even ROC's gear
Hey, D.D.! Thanks! I'm pumped too! No...the lights are just raised for the pics. I keep the Indagrow about 4-6" from the tops, and the T-5...I'll get within 2 or 3". The only time the light is any higher, is if the plants are sick or stressed, or if I need more coverage area.

Watch out on those gnats bro! I only saw 4 or 5 at a time too! I put out the sticky trap, and by the next morning, you could hardly see yellow! Haha! Freaked me out! I've replaced the traps several times, and they keep finding them! You could have a worse infestation than you know. Pick up a trap or two and place it sticky side up, on top of your soil. You'll know within 24 hrs how bad it is.

Looking good max. U should get ROC over here to drop some beans! I wanna taste his grape romulan! Much luck with ur grow, I will be stopping in and out on this one.Z
Thanks bro! I'm hoping we can get Logic interested in adding ROC to his line-up! If a bunch of folks will shoot Logic a PM and request it...I'm sure he would! MGG (Mr. GreenGenes) is running ROC's Grape Rom right now here at the Farm! I'm sure he won't mind if I brag on him a bit! He's got mad skills! Here's a pic of his that he just chopped that I borrowed from his thread...

MGG's Grape Romulan:
MGG.jpg

Not too damn shabby, huh? Here's a link to his journal on the Grape Romulan:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/rocs-grape-rom.56704/page-3#post-1126621

He's actually running several nice ROC crosses right now and has separate journals on each strain. (HEY MGG...feel free to post up links to your other ROC grows if ya want!) I'm hoping (and expecting) mine to be nice, but MGG is really in a different league from me. Shit...if mine turn out half that good...I'll be mondo pumped! Thanks for droppin' in!

Best,

:eek:^^^

damn, i havent seen that pic yet!! I know MGG grows some sick ROC gear, just looking at it his journals the other day:cigar:
Heh-heh... yeah, sick is right, man! Lookin' at that purple/grape dankness just makes me drool! That is all from a single plant too! :wideyed: Although, IMO, those huge donkey dick colas look as though they could have each been the main cola off a huge plant! You da man, MGG! Fuckin' KINGPIN!!!

Lol I showed a picture of that monster cola to a med buddy of mine today and he made a noise that I can't even explain lol. How's the taste on the grape Maxx?

No need to explain, bro! I know that noise! ;) Haha. I fuckin' wish I knew! I haven't tasted it. MGG said it was just pure grape funky skunky dankness while finishing. Today he was saying it's getting even stronger as it dries. That's going to be THE most amazingly flavorful smoke after a little jar time too, I'm sure! I can't wait to get some jarred up!

MGG - feel free to chime in on the taste. I'll get the video above ready to replay! haha

Maxx, good luck on the new babies. Lookin real nice so far. I've had OF burn up a few too but they bounce back fast. You've had enough males come through that room, cant wait to see those blue girls.

That GR is a beast. Has a skunky grape flavor early but its morphed into more lemon/pine flavor now that I've let it go longer in flower. I'll get a smoke report on her once she cures up. Lookin good man. MGG

Maxx, good luck on the new babies. Lookin real nice so far. I've had OF burn up a few too but they bounce back fast. You've had enough males come through that room, cant wait to see those blue girls.

That GR is a beast. Has a skunky grape flavor early but its morphed into more lemon/pine flavor now that I've let it go longer in flower. I'll get a smoke report on her once she cures up. Lookin good man. MGG
Thanks man. The GR sounds delicious!:hungry: I really like your plan you were telling me about, to harvest at different time windows. You'll have her dialed tight this run, and then by doing that, you'll be able to have a smorgasbord of flavors and stone characteristics -- all from the same plant! Niiice! I'll have to try that myself!

This isn't the first time for me on the FFOF burn either. I up-potted about the same time as I always do, which is usually safe, but the Skywalker just didn't like it. As I understand it, Skywalker was one the the three main original early members of the blue family that got things started. There was of course Blueberry, and also Flo & Skywalker. If that's correct, it would stand to reason. The blue family is notoriously easy to fry! I've backed way off what I'd usually do, and I'm feeding her at about 25% of my norm. I'll start the D.J. bb at about the same level and only increase the levels if she asks for it. Speaking of which...here's a shot of my little BB baby this morning. Look at the purple she's showing already!

D.J. Short Blueberry - 8 days old:
BB.jpg

Veg tent group shot:
group.jpg

As ya'll can see in the pic above...true to form for the blue family...she's vegging a bit slower than the others right beside her. She's also fussier on the moisture content. These were on the same watering schedule and you can see the BB all droopy-leaved, while her roommates are all pretty happy with the conditions. She likes that 02 around her roots & doesn't tolerate a wet soil well. I started these seeds in larger containers than I normally use, & I'm having to be very careful on watering. It takes a while for all the moisture to get taken up, and the center of the pot stays pretty wet. I have to really let it dry out or it can sour and turn hypoxic.:wtf:

I just want to take a sec here to thank MGG for all his help! From helping me get started back up a short time ago, to walking me through shit and answering my thousands of never ending texts as I bounce all kind of crazy shit off him. You're a great sounding board bro! And I just wanna say, dude...you know a great deal about most anything MMJ-related! I told him the other day...He's the fuckin' "Dear Abby of Weed"!! :D The boy's got more good ideas than a new bride with a marriage manual!:woot:

I saved up my trim from last run, and MGG has been talking to me about trying some qwiso hash. (qwiso = Quick Wash Iso Hash). So, this weekend, I hit him up and he gave me my shopping list and allot of very detailed instructions. Thanks to his efforts, I successfully made my first batch...and OMG!!! :eek: This shit is crippling! :hungover: Here's a few highlights...

Iso alcohol evaporating:
drying.jpg

Finished product:
stash.jpg

My first hit of qwiso:
1st.jpg

My world will NEVER be the same! I freakin' LOVE it! I used some of the BCBD Animal Cookies from last run in with the trim, and think I've found a home for that shit! I've got about 8 jars of bud that I'm going to turn into qwiso! that ought to make a serious batch! I just can't say enough about the potency! It's absolutely the most potent hash I've ever smoked! This blows bubble out of the water! :stop: No comparison! It's a little too much for daytime though. I did a sizable dab this morning for my wake and bake...and had a bit of trouble with the waking part of things! Haha. I wound up napping for an extra couple of hours! Niiiice though! Great for sleep meds! I think I've found my long-term solution there! And to think...this comes from the fans, popcorn, fluff & other shit you'd normally just throw out! Talk about going from trash to top-quality stash!

Thanks so much MGG! You came through for me again, bro! Hope everybody is having a great weekend!

Best,

LOL...I got ideas but they aint all good ones. ;) Funny shit bro. Glad you got the feel for the QWISO, I sure do enjoy a hit every once in a while lol. Seedlings lookin good...seein some purple there...prob some PH issue or K def...lmfao (inside joke fellas def nothing there but good genetics)...couldn't resist though bro. I see good shit in the future...MGG

LOL...I got ideas but they aint all good ones. ;) Funny shit bro. Glad you got the feel for the QWISO, I sure do enjoy a hit every once in a while lol. Seedlings lookin good...seein some purple there...prob some PH issue or K def...lmfao (inside joke fellas def nothing there but good genetics)...couldn't resist though bro. I see good shit in the future...MGG
Glad you saw that in time!! Shit...and I'm all out of epsom salts!!! :D

Them babys are looking sweet brother max.. Hope the sky makes a come back.. I uppotted mine into ocean forest at around week 5 of veg, and she handled it fine.. That shit can be hot.. My one clone is a little angry from it.. I know I was warned!.. When you get a chance, shoot me the hash receipe.. I have tons of trim, and popcorn buds.. Need something besides canna butter.. Thanks.. I have some extra epsom salts..lol

Wow, the iso extract looks much better than what I made the only time a tried. I think I ended up pulling too much chlorophyll with it. Still got me smashed, but was a right bastard of a product to try to deal with. Crazy sticky mess.

Them babys are looking sweet brother max.. Hope the sky makes a come back.. I uppotted mine into ocean forest at around week 5 of veg, and she handled it fine.. That shit can be hot.. My one clone is a little angry from it.. I know I was warned!.. When you get a chance, shoot me the hash receipe.. I have tons of trim, and popcorn buds.. Need something besides canna butter.. Thanks.. I have some extra epsom salts..lol
So...are you offering to trade me some Epsom Salts for the QWISO recipe? Shit bro...where were you back when I was selling real estate? :joyful: Sure, I'll share! I'm just passing it along from MGG so if we run into problems, we'll have to call on the Master! I've been covered up at work again (what else is new, right)? I'll shoot you a PM on it as soon as I get a chance. Probably tomorrow. Man, with all those killer plants you've been bringing down...your trim ought to make a kick-ass batch! Mine was crippling...and it was made with 90% Animal Cookies (BCBD's...don't get excited folks)! You're gonna love it! Best sleep meds I've tried! I've slept more since completing the first run, than in months prior! L8r bro! - Max :wacky:

Wow, the iso extract looks much better than what I made the only time a tried. I think I ended up pulling too much chlorophyll with it. Still got me smashed, but was a right bastard of a product to try to deal with. Crazy sticky mess.
Thanks yellowhead (cool s/n, btw)! What can I say...I have an EXCELLENT teacher! ;) From what MGG tells me, you do NOT want to shake the jar more than about 30 seconds. Remember...it's called "Quick Wash Iso". It's easy to succumb to the temptation to agitate longer. We tend to think that more is better...but in this situation...less is truly more! It's easy to go too long and pull too much chlorophyll (and other "contaminants"). You're definitely right about it being a sticky, gooey mess tho! :sour: MGG warned me in advance and suggested I pick up one of those small teflon storage jars so it won't stick. He also suggested I pick up the "dabber" tool.

I'm SO glad he suggested these. This shit would be a nightmare to work with without it! I picked up a good dabber at the headshop, but they were out of the teflon jars. Headshop dude suggested I use parchment paper (available at grocery stores, Walmart, etc) like used in cooking. I got some, and it works great for a short term solution. It WILL NOT stick to the parchment paper. The paper is fairly thick and doesn't tear easy, but you can rip it. I'm def going to pick up a jar as soon as I'm over that way again. Got you smashed, huh? Heh-heh. Shit is crippling!

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1