Killer "ROC" Strains...bluhazebx2blu X Romulan, Grape Romulan, & Orange X Pineapple w/Induction Lite

you know 12/12 works. so why fuck with it. I mean how much bud do you think you can get out of a plant ? from the looks of your grow your harvest is gonna be plenty. I just don't see fucking with the light schedule adding shit. grow bigger plants if you need more weed...lol
Speaking of pearls of wisdom... lol.

Chikken, I gotta hand it to ya bro! You have this no bullshit way of looking at things that just makes sense! I tend to over-complicate everything! Since the Induction light is new to me...I was thinking I should go with their recommendation, and that there may be things about the light I don't know yet. But when you put it like that...haha...you're right! It's really not any more complicated than that is it? I'm cutting the clock back to a 12/12 and we'll see if that fixes things! Thanks bro!! Best, -Max

They just dig that day light savings time bro.. Taking advantage of that extra hour of sunshine.. lol.. Hows the trics looking ?..
About the same deal! There are clear tric heads at harvest that weren't there a week or two earlier! I guess it continues to throw new trics and pistils! We'll see if the 12/12 photo period doesn't fix the issues! Thanks for checkin' in bro! Best, -Max

Hiya Max! Your last run turned out stellar. So before switching back to a 12/12 you might want to consider how that change will impact bud development. Having ran GSC, GDP and Bubba Kush on 12/12 and 13/11 with the pontoons, I have also seen new pistils form but at harvest I'm ruled by the majority of the trichomes going 90% cloudy with 10% clear so regardless of the new pistils I still chop around day 60. Of course it's your prerogative to drop back to a 12/12 but you may notice a drop off in densities between the buds as I did mostly on the GDP and Bubba Kush. They still were fat and full of resin on the 12/12 but the 13/11 filled in the spaces between the buds allowing me to pick up an extra 10-15 grams per plant. If for whatever reason you do decide to change the flowering schedule back to a 12/12 I would be interested in seeing if you experience the same thing. ;)

Hiya Max! Your last run turned out stellar. So before switching back to a 12/12 you might want to consider how that change will impact bud development. Having ran GSC, GDP and Bubba Kush on 12/12 and 13/11 with the pontoons, I have also seen new pistils form but at harvest I'm ruled by the majority of the trichomes going 90% cloudy with 10% clear so regardless of the new pistils I still chop around day 60. Of course it's your prerogative to drop back to a 12/12 but you may notice a drop off in densities between the buds as I did mostly on the GDP and Bubba Kush. They still were fat and full of resin on the 12/12 but the 13/11 filled in the spaces between the buds allowing me to pick up an extra 10-15 grams per plant. If for whatever reason you do decide to change the flowering schedule back to a 12/12 I would be interested in seeing if you experience the same thing. ;)
Thanks Chaz, I knew you'd have good input on this! So yours are still throwing new pistils at harvest too? Is that just a fact of life on the 13/11? I've cut back to a 12/12 as of two days ago. I'll try it for a round and see if I can tell a difference. I'm disappointed to hear that about possibly losing some density! That's one of my favorite things about this light! I have NEVER seen such dense, tight heavy buds!!! I REALLY don't want to lose that, so if that changes much...I'll likely go right back.

The thing with mine was that they were ALSO producing new trics at harvest that were still clear. You could tell this because at harvest there are allot of clear heads that weren't there a week earlier! I'll let y'all know how the 12/12 works out. A grower I respect VERY much was telling me he thought I should go to a 10-on/14-off period...but I'm leary of that big a change. Do you have an opinion on that? Thanks again! Best, -Max

Hey Max! Keep in mind that cannabis is a photophilous plant as in it likes 'strong light'. To define 'strong light' means to determine how much light it likes to take in to get the best results and keep repeating that schedule.

When running the Pontoons I try to mimic their outdoor photogenetics. Equatorial sativa dominant strains will see a fairly even amount of daylight to nighttime photoperiods and would most likely be best on a 12/12 even when using the Pontoon. The benefit of using the Pontoon and maintaining a 12/12 on Sativa dominants would be that the conversion time between Phytochrome Red (Pr) by the 660nm influence and the Phytochrome Far Red (Pfr) pigment by the 730nm wavelengths exclusively at lights out will instantaneously alter this state results in a change in other chemicals in the immediate environment to drive photosynthesis (660nm) and decrease the amount of time for an indoor plant to relax into the Pfr (730nm) flowering state.

Without the Pontoon and the effects of the 730nm wavelengths at lights out it's going to take the indoor plant about 2 hours to relax into the Pfr state. Non equatorial indica strains are acclimated to longer photoperiods so it is for this reason I maintain a default photoperiod of 13 on 11 off when running the pontoons on indica dominants. As I said before you may see some gaps between flowers develop on a 12/12 that you had not seen on your 13/11. I can only tell you that the GSC showed almost no difference in flowering whether it be 12/12 or 13/11. On the other hand the GDP and BK both developed nice healthy buds but there were areas that did not fill in between bud sites on the 12/12 that did on a 13/11 schedule.

One thing that I have not attempted and you might of the new pistils are an issue for you is running 13/11 (or more) up until the last two weeks of flower and than dropping back to a 12/12. I suspect you would see a traditional finish with that schedule but since I maintain a 90% cloudy -10% clear trichome color I've just finished on 13/11.

As to the 10 on and 14 off schedule if it's working for him great but what I would be curious how many Moles/Day he is targeting for his crops and if he is doing this cycle to give the plants more time to flower? I maintain a minimum of 25 Moles/Day at flower. If you have a look at this chart you'll see that this can be achieved in a 13/11 @ 600 uMole/M^2-S whereas to achieve those same levels in a 10 hour lights on cycle you would need to measure 700-800 uMoles to meet the same target level. If he is extending his sleep period to 14 hours to account for the 2 hours that is lost when the lights go out then he could be accomplish the same thing by introducing 730nm wavelengths at lights out to have the plants convert into Pfr instantly.

Moles per Day.jpg
Moles per Day.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Max! Keep in mind that cannabis is a photophilous plant as in it likes strong light. To define strong light means to determine how much light it likes to take in to get the best results and keep repeating that schedule. When running the Pontoons I try to mimic their outdoor photogenetics. Equatorial sativa dominant strains will see a fairly even amount of daylight to nighttime photoperiods and would most likely be best on a 12/12 even when using the Pontoon. The benefit of using the Pontoon and maintaining a 12/12 on Sativa dominants would be that the conversion time between Phytochrome Red (Pr) by the 660nm influence and the Phytochrome Far Red (Pfr) pigment by the 730nm wavelengths exclusively at lights out will instantaneously alter this state results in a change in other chemicals in the immediate environment to drive photosynthesis (660nm) and decrease the amount of time for an indoor plant to relax into the Pfr state (730nm) and begin flowering. Without the Pontoon and the effects of the 730nm wavelengths at lights out it's going to take the indoor plant about 2 hours to relax into the Pfr state. Non equatorial indica strains are acclimated to longer photoperiods so it is for this reason I maintain a default photoperiod of 13 on 11 off when running the pontoons on indica dominants. As I said before you may see some gaps between flowers develop on a 12/12 that you had not seen on your 13/11. I can only tell you that the GSC showed almost no difference in flowering whether it be 12/12 or 13/11. On the other hand the GDP and BK both developed nice healthy buds but there were areas that did not fill in between bud sites on the 12/12 that did on a 13/11 schedule.

As to the 10 on and 14 off schedule if it's working for him great but what I would be curious how many Moles/Day he is targeting for his crops and if he is doing this cycle to give the plants more time to flower? I maintain a minimum of 25 Moles/Day at flower. If you have a look at this chart you'll see that this can be achieved in a 13/11 @ 600 uMole/M^2-S whereas to achieve those same levels in a 10 hour lights on cycle you would need to measure 700-800 uMoles to meet the same target level. If he is extending his sleep period to 14 hours to account for the 2 hours that is lost when the lights go out then he could be accomplish the same thing by introducing 730nm wavelengths at lights out to have the plants convert into Pfr instantly.

View attachment 375403 View attachment 375403

Like your style . MAKES back of my brain jump. As for your INFO, Some spot on some leary science much mostly proven and still being tested. My original plan was to use uvb as the two lost hours from running 10/14 . Thinking of what You think of running Plasma for those two hours from 10/14. The tests I've done backyard style, indoors with the Diminishing light schedule showed me GREAT promise, other than the fact im running perpetual, it wouldn't work. So my findings showed me Great Promise with using 10/14 with hybrids and indicas. So yes working lovely for me and a few other growers ive seen up close . I do agree it may lie within spectrum and or strain dependent on which light schedule/ spectrum will show better results . All i know is, with My style of growing with my health limitations (disabled). The possibility of running a tiny perpetual with this time schedule works . 12/12 averaged 5oz a plant . Now 8-11 depending on strain. Eager to hear what you think about plasma. That pontoon is kickass MAX! !

Thanks Gam. Regarding the UVb spectra at flower this is going to increase trichome production from what an HPS produces. The plants defense to UVb is to create more trichomes to ward off damaging the flowers. UVb will not influence Pfr conversion. This link will help you get a better grasp of that process.

http://plantphys.info/plant_physiology/phytochrome.shtml

As to what I think of plasma? It's going to be a decent vegetative lamp that will need supplementation to flower. The industry push (marketing and coming to a hydro store near you) is to take a 300watt plasma through veg and than to ADD a 1000 watt DE HPS lamp at flip. Now I admit that this is alot of horsepower in the garden but at what cost? By the time you factor the initial investment, lighting loads per 4 x 4 region and that the layout would go something like one plasma set between two DE1000 rigs, lamp replacement costs, generated heat,....I think there are better ways to accomplish high quality/yields for 1/2 the wattage using a broad spectrum approach and still pick up a Pfr switch to boot.

Last edited:
Hey Max! Keep in mind that cannabis is a photophilous plant as in it likes 'strong light'. To define 'strong light' means to determine how much light it likes to take in to get the best results and keep repeating that schedule.

When running the Pontoons I try to mimic their outdoor photogenetics. Equatorial sativa dominant strains will see a fairly even amount of daylight to nighttime photoperiods and would most likely be best on a 12/12 even when using the Pontoon. The benefit of using the Pontoon and maintaining a 12/12 on Sativa dominants would be that the conversion time between Phytochrome Red (Pr) by the 660nm influence and the Phytochrome Far Red (Pfr) pigment by the 730nm wavelengths exclusively at lights out will instantaneously alter this state results in a change in other chemicals in the immediate environment to drive photosynthesis (660nm) and decrease the amount of time for an indoor plant to relax into the Pfr (730nm) flowering state.

Without the Pontoon and the effects of the 730nm wavelengths at lights out it's going to take the indoor plant about 2 hours to relax into the Pfr state. Non equatorial indica strains are acclimated to longer photoperiods so it is for this reason I maintain a default photoperiod of 13 on 11 off when running the pontoons on indica dominants. As I said before you may see some gaps between flowers develop on a 12/12 that you had not seen on your 13/11. I can only tell you that the GSC showed almost no difference in flowering whether it be 12/12 or 13/11. On the other hand the GDP and BK both developed nice healthy buds but there were areas that did not fill in between bud sites on the 12/12 that did on a 13/11 schedule.

One thing that I have not attempted and you might of the new pistils are an issue for you is running 13/11 (or more) up until the last two weeks of flower and than dropping back to a 12/12. I suspect you would see a traditional finish with that schedule but since I maintain a 90% cloudy -10% clear trichome color I've just finished on 13/11.

View attachment 375403 View attachment 375403
Thanks Chaz! Great info (as always bro)! It's a little over my head tho. I'll re-read it and Google it too, but I'm not familiar with moles/day. (I ran across this term first in my research on the Indagrow. Didn't really get it then either, I'm afraid). Is there more of a "layman's" explanation? I'm also running a perpetual harvest. I had thought of doing that (cutting back toward the end) but to do so, I'd have to move heavy plants around and try to keep them in the dark...separate from the others. Unfortunately, I just don't have the space or set-up right now for that. It would likely be a solution tho...I agree! As always...I appreciate the info and your time! I'd also really appreciate it if you can simplify it a bit further for me too...lol. (Sorry to be a pain). Best, -Max

Like your style . MAKES back of my brain jump. As for your INFO, Some spot on some leary science much mostly proven and still being tested. My original plan was to use uvb as the two lost hours from running 10/14 . Thinking of what You think of running Plasma for those two hours from 10/14. The tests I've done backyard style, indoors with the Diminishing light schedule showed me GREAT promise, other than the fact im running perpetual, it wouldn't work. So my findings showed me Great Promise with using 10/14 with hybrids and indicas. So yes working lovely for me and a few other growers ive seen up close . I do agree it may lie within spectrum and or strain dependent on which light schedule/ spectrum will show better results . All i know is, with My style of growing with my health limitations (disabled). The possibility of running a tiny perpetual with this time schedule works . 12/12 averaged 5oz a plant . Now 8-11 depending on strain. Eager to hear what you think about plasma. That pontoon is kickass MAX! !
Hey bro...I didn't know you were running a photo period other than 12/12! What are you running now? Am I reading your post correctly? Are you saying you were getting 5 zips per on 12/12...but started getting 8-11 zips on 10/14??? Is this on the same strain with all else being equal? Thanks in advance Games!!! Best, -Max

Interesting! So are you seeing any amber trics at harvest?

Hey bro...I didn't know you were running a photo period other than 12/12! What are you running now? Am I reading your post correctly? Are you saying you were getting 5 zips per on 12/12...but started getting 8-11 zips on 10/14??? Is this on the same strain with all else being equal? Thanks in advance Games!!! Best, -Max

Yup brother exactly ..12/12 is good if you want that as a stable schedule for bloom. but a few dudes ive seen in person using glr were killing it. Even though it worked wonders for me once i tried, further reading and testimonials from other growers showed me. 10/14 was VERY much doable for my situation . And yes my average sky rocketed after i changed to 10/14. Atleast try it bro can't go wrong with personal experiments.

Yes same strains bro it was like the more sleep they got , the more they grew buds.

Yup brother exactly ..12/12 is good if you want that as a stable schedule for bloom. but a few dudes ive seen in person using glr were killing it. Even though it worked wonders for me once i tried, further reading and testimonials from other growers showed me. 10/14 was VERY much doable for my situation . And yes my average sky rocketed after i changed to 10/14. Atleast try it bro can't go wrong with personal experiments.

Yes same strains bro it was like the more sleep they got , the more they grew buds.
REALLY??? I've heard of folks claiming results like that from the "gaslight routine", but never actually KNOWN anyone who did it! Wow! No shit???

REALLY??? I've heard of folks claiming results like that from the "gaslight routine", but never actually KNOWN anyone who did it! Wow! No shit???
No shittin bro! It also allowed me to alter my light's off environmental status as close to my liking . So once my legs and neck geta lil more stable , ima seriously dive into these differences in light schedules to the ultimate tests!

Is there more of a "layman's" explanation?
Think of uMoles and Moles/Day this way. If I put a bucket outside in the rain and I were to measure how many drops per second are hitting the inside of that bucket that would be your uMole reading. It is a moment in time measurement of how many photons between the PAR region 400-700 nanometers that are striking a meter sq every second.

That is all well and good but a grower needs to know an overall value such as how many inches of rain have accumulated within that area inside the bucket each day. That is where Moles/Day comes in. Moles/Day is the accumulated uMoles that have struck a meter sq area over a 24 hours hour period. Think of the bucket as a meter sq area and the inches of water that have accumulated inside it. Very relevant in determining that the plants total amount of light energy has been delivered.

To carry this out further we can see how much sunlight is available versus what crops can be grown in what regions, this chart will show how much sunlight in a Moles/Day value can be expected for outdoor crop production based on region and time of year. When you consider how to optimize indoor crop production you want to consider the amount of outdoor sunlight that has contributed to that success. Knowing your uMole values and carrying it out in a photoperiod that allows Moles/Day targets to be reached (see chart on previous post) is the best way to repeatably achieve crop production values.
USA Moles per Day.jpg

Last edited:
Think of uMoles and Moles/Day this way. If I put a bucket outside in the rain and I were to measure how many drops per second are hitting the inside of that bucket that would be your uMole reading. It is a moment in time measurement of how many photons between the PAR region 400-700 nanometers that are striking a meter sq every second.

That is all well and good but a grower needs to know an overall value such as how many inches of rain have accumulated within that area inside the bucket each day. That is where Moles/Day comes in. Moles/Day is the accumulated uMoles that have struck a meter sq area over a 24 hours hour period. Think of the bucket as a meter sq area and the inches of water that have accumulated inside it. Very relevant in determining that the plants total amount of light energy has been delivered.

To carry this out further we can see how much sunlight is available versus what crops can be grown in what regions, this chart will show how much sunlight in a Moles/Day value can be expected for outdoor crop production based on region and time of year. When you consider how to optimize indoor crop production you want to consider the amount of outdoor sunlight that has contributed to that success. Knowing your uMole values and carrying it out in a photoperiod that allows Moles/Day targets to be reached (see chart on previous post) is the best way to repeatably achieve crop production values.
View attachment 375699
Thanks Chaz! Great info as always! That explanation helps! Best, -Max

Thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate all your support and kind words! Sorry, but I'm really rushed tonight. I did want to try to get this posted quickly tho before the weeks starts fresh and I get too busy!

:wacky: :) MAXY PAD UPDATE :joyful: ;)

Well, I really could not be happier with the progress I'm seeing in the veg and flower tents now. I'm FINALLY past my pH issues and things have greened up again nicely. (I give allot of credit to the AACTs)!!! I'm just going to dive into the pics tonight as I'm pretty rushed...

Maxy Pad Veg Tent
Veg1.jpg

Maxy Pad - OxP #2 Mother
OxP_Mom.jpg

This is the comparison grow I'm running this round with the Ideal 420 soil. (See link in my last update for more info on the Ideal 420 Super soil). The strain is Eskobar's Chucky's Bride. (C-99 Pineapple pheno x Exodus Cheese). The plant on the far left is growing in my mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil, guanos, magnesium, large chunky perlite and dolomite lime. It has been outgrowing the 420 plants, but I added their "Rhizostem" growth enhancer this week (WHATEVER GUYS...if this is supposed to be a 100% complete soil with nothing but water needed...then put the fucking "growth enhancer" in there if it needs it!!! The whole point to this shit is that you don't have to mix/add anything! Now they want to sell you this "growth enhancer"...whatever the fuck THAT is!! I call it BAD business guys and gives you a black mark in my book!) Notice how much smaller the stems are on the 420 plants too. The jury's not in all the way yet...it's still way too early too call...

Maxy Pad - 420 soil comparison
420.jpg

Things are also looking allot better in the flower tent! It's GREAT to have things greened back up again! I took the bluhzblu x rom clones down over the weekend. I let them go to 90 days this run. They are getting 48 dark and then the chop. It's really great smoke, and I'll be keeping her around for sure! ANOTHER KEEPER ROC!! Thanks!!

Maxy Pad Flower Tent
Flower_ALL_Main.jpg

Maxy Pad - ROC Orange x Pineapple OGK
OxP.jpg

Maxy Pad - ROC bluhzblu x rom
bluhz.jpg

Maxy Pad - ROC Black Cherry Soda x Sweet Tooth x C-99
BCS.jpg

Maxy Pad - DNA Chocolope (LST)
Choc.jpg

Maxy Pad - D.J. Short Blueberry (corn stalk pheno)
Blueberry.jpg

Maxy Pad - BOG Sour Grape
S_Grape.jpg

Maxy Pad - BOG Sour Strawberry
S_Straw.jpg

Maxy Pad - BOG Blue Moon Rocks - Pheno#1
BMR1.jpg

Maxy Pad - BOG Blue Moon Rocks - Pheno#2
BMR2.jpg

And here's a couple of happy pics to leave you with. These were taken just after giving the plants one of my home brewed compost teas. Look how hard they are praying. The plants LOVE the combination of the teas and the spectrum of this Indagrow light!!! Have a great week all! Best, -Max

Maxy Pad - ROC's bluhzblu x rom - PRAYING HARD!!
pray1.jpg

Maxy Pad - BOG's Sour Grape - PRAYING HARD!!
pray2.jpg

A dude posted this up in a thread I was in somewhere and I just had to share! Too funny!!!
image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1