Killing Autoflowers and Learning to Grow Organically :p

• Thread starter ajgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ajgrows

ajgrows

Cool. You need one of these;
And read this update. It remove the guesswork of watering.
Watering SOIL

I have one of those. This is fkn pure genius btw 🧠

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
That's a fine looking pot you've made for your pot. I'm in for Floyd [RIP Hank] but Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands so the pressure is on.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Switch to coco? It seems like a better fit with your watering style.

ajgrows

ajgrows

OK, Amazon is effing with my emotions rn. The new light was originally being delivered after Labor Day, then it was yesterday, and now it's today. Or tomorrow 🤷‍♂️ Lame. I'm stoked for it to get here, for nothing more than the fact that it looks cooler than my current light. Poor justification for a purchase, I know. I do think it's still a solid step up from my TSW 2000 with plenty of light output and power for the 4x4. I also like the adjustable light bars and detachable driver. Seems to have a lot of good reviews online and is supposedly almost as good as lights that cost several hundred doll hairs more. Probably more than enough for my needs.

I checked Floyd's progress in the shot glass yesterday morning and there was just a sliver of the tap root showing. This morning I'm thinking I should have put it in the paper towel already, I was surprised to see it go from no root showing to a quarter inch in a day. I'm a little worried about the color, I feel like it should be more white than this sickly, ugly yellow tone. Hopefully it's nothing to fret over and she'll be ready for potting in another day or two.

IMG 5601

The pot has been sitting in the tent w/ lights off and door open and it's still pretty moist all the way down to the last couple inches near the bottom. Ready to get this clock ticking and see if we make it past a week this time.

IMG 5602

IMG 5604

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I've got enough FF for a couple more pots, then I'm going to try some Roots Organics. I do agree with you though, I like to be hands on very frequently, which is certainly counterproductive to organic growing lol 🤦‍♂️
I never have time to water. I have two 3 gallons growing at 6 weeks. I haven’t watered in 6 days. I probed with my moisture meter and it shows right on the dry side at like a number 2 but the girls are still perky AF and are the best looking plants I’ve ever grown, this is my 2nd indoor grow attempt. They can wait till tomorrow if I remember, lol.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I never have time to water. I have two 3 gallons growing at 6 weeks. I haven’t watered in 6 days. I probed with my moisture meter and it shows right on the dry side at like a number 2 but the girls are still perky AF and are the best looking plants I’ve ever grown, this is my 2nd indoor grow attempt. They can wait till tomorrow if I remember, lol.
I got too much time when it comes to wasting it on trying to grow these damn things lol.

ajgrows

ajgrows

These attempts are almost becoming laughable at this point. Floyd musta done got the 'rona cause she ain't lookin' great. I am potting her but don't have much faith that she will make it 😟

IMG 5611

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I start my seeds in jiffy pucks or 1.5" rockwool cubes and I add a bunch of Coco Coir and Perlite to my soil. Gotta watch out starting seeds in too big a container, it makes it harder to water. I never start seeds in a container bigger than a 16oz red solo cup.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Christ, it looks like the sink-baby from the PT game demo (for all you gamers out there). I was going to post a pic but I won't because its pretty disgusting.

What you really need to do is go apologize to the witch, gypsy, or other supernatural creature that you pissed off enough to put this curse on you.

HighRootz

HighRootz

Look into adding some Xtreme Mykos or Great White/Orca mycorrhizae, especially when adding seedlings to soil. Some EM-1 every week after she's established will also help her uptake her nutrients

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I had to start a 2nd seed germinating yesterday, so I figured I'd go ahead and mix and wet the pot today for the next round in a few days. 75% HF, 20ish% castings, <10% perlite, 6-8 cups filtered water, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, 14 tbsp DTE All Purpose, 9 tbsp DTE Bloom. Drop the DTE and the Bloom. It's too much. The Recharge and the Fish Sh!T will take care of it. Don't over feed.

I bought a bigger light because...idk, it seemed pretty cheap and I wanted something that will last me indefinitely in the 4x4. It should be here before it's time to pot the next bean. Number....6? 7? I think 7. SEVEN frickin' tries. I shall call her Floyd.

ajgrows

ajgrows

I start my seeds in jiffy pucks or 1.5" rockwool cubes and I add a bunch of Coco Coir and Perlite to my soil. Gotta watch out starting seeds in too big a container, it makes it harder to water. I never start seeds in a container bigger than a 16oz red solo cup.
I don't disagree I've got water issues. I seem to have more trouble with germination using paper towels than I do just dropping them in the 5 gal pots. The 7 day mark has been the end of the road for them 🤷‍♂️
Christ, it looks like the sink-baby from the PT game demo (for all you gamers out there). I was going to post a pic but I won't because its pretty disgusting.

What you really need to do is go apologize to the witch, gypsy, or other supernatural creature that you pissed off enough to put this curse on you.
Seriously. I am paying for many sins with this hobby.
Why did you wait so long? Get it in the soil.
You said wait until the tap root was an inch. Otherwise I would have put it in as soon as the seed cracked 😑
Look into adding some Xtreme Mykos or Great White/Orca mycorrhizae, especially when adding seedlings to soil. Some EM-1 every week after she's established will also help her uptake her nutrients
I have some Mykos, but my understanding is that's best used when transplanting from seedling pot to a larger one. I've not seen or heard of anyone doing that when going from paper towel to soil.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't disagree I've got water issues. I seem to have more trouble with germination using paper towels than I do just dropping them in the 5 gal pots. The 7 day mark has been the end of the road for them 🤷‍♂️

You said wait until the tap root was an inch. Otherwise I would have put it in as soon as the seed cracked 😑

I have some Mykos, but my understanding is that's best used when transplanting from seedling pot to a larger one. I've not seen or heard of anyone doing that when going from paper towel to soil.
Yep, my bad. Plant it now. It's still good.
When the root comes out more than just a nub, an inch or 1/2 inch.. as long as it is coming out of the seed, then plant it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have Mycos? Mix it into the soil ahead of time with the recharge and fish poop. It will boost root growth and make the plant more hearty.

HighRootz

HighRootz

I use both Xtreme Mykos and Great White when I plant my seeds in their homes. Matter of fact, I just germinated a sweet ass mango I ate 2 weeks ago in a paper towel and bag then put her in a 3gal pot with a layer of Xtreme Mykos about halfway then more Coco-Perlite and then some Great White and Xtreme Mykos where I put the mango pit. She's already broke the surface and growing steadily

ajgrows

ajgrows

I had to start a 2nd seed germinating yesterday, so I figured I'd go ahead and mix and wet the pot today for the next round in a few days. 75% HF, 20ish% castings, <10% perlite, 6-8 cups filtered water, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, 14 tbsp DTE All Purpose, 9 tbsp DTE Bloom. Drop the DTE and the Bloom. It's too much. The Recharge and the Fish Sh!T will take care of it. Don't over feed.

I don't think that I know enough to flat out disagree here, but I don't understand why you're saying this. The Recharge and Fish Sh!t are to add beneficial bacteria and fungi to the soil to supercharge the microbial conversion of the dry amendments for the plant to uptake when it needs it, right? Both products specifically point out they they are to be used in addition to regular nutrients.

You have Mycos? Mix it into the soil ahead of time with the recharge and fish poop. It will boost root growth and make the plant more hearty.
The Recharge already has Mycorrhizae, why is more better?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't think that I know enough to flat out disagree here, but I don't understand why you're saying this. The Recharge and Fish Sh!t are to add beneficial bacteria and fungi to the soil to supercharge the microbial conversion of the dry amendments for the plant to uptake when it needs it, right? Both products specifically point out they they are to be used in addition to regular nutrients.
They want you to buy more nutes. The soil will be converted to all the food the plant needs. The MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) are what convert the soil into food. That's what makes it a 'Living soil'. Adding anything else will just add complications that you don't need.
The Recharge already has Mycorrhizae, why is more better?
It does not contain all 14 (or however many it is) species of Mycos. The Great White pack has the ones Recharge is missing.
Mycorrhizae is a fungus by the way... It links to your roots and enables them to uptake at a better rate and promotes root growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom