Killing Fields Backgarden Grow

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

Sup, got some raised beds with some vegies in em, put down a killing fields.
was in a small pot, before going in the ground.

thing is, im suffering what i believe to be a iron deficiency, but not being in a pot, and being just in the ground has me very confused, iv been watering her when the ground is dry, and ive been feeding with an organic 5-2-2 every now and again, but never know how much water to give you know.

do ye think im right about the iron deficiency?

how do ye outdoor guys correctly fix a problem?

Thanks

Cimg2591b
Cimg2592b
Cimg2587b
Cimg2588b
Cimg2590b
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not without pictures. Right now I'm going to suggest that perhaps the plant is experiencing explosive growth, which can sometimes show as lighter green new growth, not always with a subsequent yellowing of older growth. Hit them with nitrogen, see what happens, but don't go too hot too fast.

Can you put it on drippers?

jagle

jagle

Not without pictures. Right now I'm going to suggest that perhaps the plant is experiencing explosive growth, which can sometimes show as lighter green new growth, not always with a subsequent yellowing of older growth. Hit them with nitrogen, see what happens, but don't go too hot too fast.

Can you put it on drippers?

the plant isnt growing crazy tho, its gone about an inch or two in the last week.

and no drippers arnt an option, unless i get a big enough rez and make my own outta some garden hose, would drippers really help?

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
If its only the one plant you need to supply water for. Do the milk jug thing. FIll it up and pop a needle size hole in it..will drip for a day or two..easy peasy.

jagle

jagle

what ya think of the problem on the leafs?
only on the newer growth, honestly looks like an iron or maybe N problem to me

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Looks like low potassium kinda. Im sure Seamaiden will have a better idea.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
maybe calcium or zinc too..im trying to scope the infirmary and find something close.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Only thing to do now is sit and wait for the gods to tell us what it is..:)

Mogrow

Mogrow

jagle, don't sweat it man, plant looks great, sometimes that looks are genetics, could be over nitro too. All-in-all the plant looks great, thick stem, tight nodes, big leaves, no droop, let that girl boogie-woggie....
gonna smoke some mask my buddy grew inside, he says its really sticky, they were freebies from my Sannie order. Really liking this gear....
karma to the greenisland

jagle

jagle

jagle, don't sweat it man, plant looks great, sometimes that looks are genetics, could be over nitro too. All-in-all the plant looks great, thick stem, tight nodes, big leaves, no droop, let that girl boogie-woggie....
gonna smoke some mask my buddy grew inside, he says its really sticky, they were freebies from my Sannie order. Really liking this gear....
karma to the greenisland

thanks man glad you like what im doing over here.
so just continue to grow as normal? lay off on some nutes for a few days maybe?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have to agree with Mo here, plant's growing just fine to my eye. You might want to have some dolomite lime on hand, maybe some worm castings, seaweed is always good. If you're feeding daily, I don't think you really need to. It's got the beginnings of nutrient burn, as evidenced by the burnt tips. Leaf edges may also be indicative of the same thing here. You have a lot of leeway given that you're growing pretty much 'in-ground', but that doesn't mean you can keep pumping nutrients into the soil without something giving at the other end. It's all about a balance. In soil, get it well amended and then you only have to feed every week or two at the most, many people don't have to do anything more than top-dress.

That purplish coloration on the newest growth is something they just do sometimes, I don't know what it's related to but it's never been a precursor to a problem, IME.

jagle

jagle

thanks very much guys, i will amended the soil as recommended and the purple is genetics/cold imo

Top Bottom