King Kong

it really does make me feel bad to file a negative report on this strain because the folks at all star genetics seem to be good people. but my experience indicates this plant can offer good yields, decent potency, but the lack of flavor and mediocre high leaves it lacking in my book. it is an easy rooter and an easy plant to maintain, but for those of you looking for a flavorful, high potency plant...you might want to try something else from all star's line-up. like their Westside, for example.

the thing is its not just my opinion but the opinion of my friends as well. its just not desirable smoke to them or myself.

also, just because the King Kong wasn't a success for me, i'm more than willing to grow other offerings from all star. i've had my eye on that Westside since it was listed, and i almost bought it rather than the KK in the first place.

i really wish i could have written a glowing report on KK. no hard feelings...

thinman

No worries thinman,
reports are there to give honest results for other growers.

King kong is not the typical commercial type strain out of the line up,lots of people try to compaire strains.
For the breeding aspect ASG works on variation all strains must be totally different overall in taste ,yield,potency etc.
For me potency is not always the goal i even smoke less potent strains of myself (smoking 21 years now) and i cant be baked the whole day ;) off course effects are different per person.
Its good to hear that its rated by other test growers as potent medicine ,and its a well rewarded smoke in Amsterdam ,so it does bring some balance in opinions and thats what test reports are about,sorry that it didn't make your expectations for potency and taste,but at least you had no problems with growing them and thats also important for us.
Wish you had some pictures of your king kong grow?
Will make it up with you by putting you on the next tester round for one of our new strains ;)
Peace
ALLSTAR-OG

thanks ALLSTAR-OG, maybe i shouldn't have posted my experience with the King Kong. i was tossing and turning all night thinking about it. it really wasn't meant to trash the plant. my expectations were so high when i purchased those seeds, maybe nothing could have fulfilled them. if i had written the same report after the first harvest it would have been very positive. the fact is, it was a big hit at first. like i said, it is an easy rooter, vigorous grower, and an excellent yielder. if the flavor and potency could be improved, it would be a keeper for sure.

also, i grew these as large plants and they made many smaller buds. i'm thinking if i had topped them and kept them shorter i might have gotten better results. and you're right that the effects can be very different between people. i was looking for a real "melt your face" type of potency. the effects from the KK might be perfect for a person looking for a smoke that they can function on at work or school.

ALLSTAR-OG, i appreciate your mature and thoughtful response. please don't feel that you owe me anything. please don't think that i think you owe me anything. hahaha...tongue twister there. i hold you and ALLSTAR GENETICS in high regard and would not hesitate to buy more of your work. i'd love to be on your tester list for anything coming up. thank you for your consideration.

very best regards,
thinman

big up thin man for your honesty.;@) i think you should try the west side, (or prob kushdee) this strain has that knock down indica high.smoke to much and it will knock you out.allso the growth is typical indica and easy to grow. mack.

According to my source, these KK seeds do not produce the same plants as the Kong clones going around the legal crowd in Co....

According to my source, these KK seeds do not produce the same plants as the Kong clones going around the legal crowd in Co....
That is correct; the Kong is a completely different strain.

Thinman, I have been growing my KK organically, and it has a lovely cake-batter smell while flowering, and the finished product smells like citrus soda. The potency is there, also. I have not as of yet been able to produce super-dense nuggets, though, as I believe the pheno I picked leans toward the haze in its lineage. I still have no complaints; most folks love the stuff when they try it.
I am currently getting ready to put 3 Kushdee chicas into the flowering room; very excited about their potential. Their Zilvermist continues to rule the sativa crowd in my circle, also, even over the KK (which I happen to enjoy more). Peace

pimpin, i started a single pack and ended up with 5 females. to allstar's credit they were identical in appearance and smells. not enough difference between them to make any distinct selection possible, so i chose the one with the thickest stalk and stems to take cuttings from. the others were flowered out and consumed...males were culled.

(to anyone who grows from seeds...the KK from seed yielded as well as the KK clones, and there wasn't much difference in quality. starting this one from seed and flowered early would give good results. something folks with small areas would appreciate. this plant is capable of growing very large if left untrimmed.)

hey mack 10, it was difficult deciding whether to make my post or not. as i said above, had i written an actual grow and smoke report right after my first sample, it would have been very positive. there was a "honeymoon" period with this one. the shine wore off after smoking it a while. this has been true of many strains that have come and gone here. i'll probably get an order together and pick up the Westside.

S

swisscheese

pimpin, i started a single pack and ended up with 5 females. to allstar's credit they were identical in appearance and smells. not enough difference between them to make any distinct selection possible, so i chose the one with the thickest stalk and stems to take cuttings from. the others were flowered out and consumed...males were culled.

(to anyone who grows from seeds...the KK from seed yielded as well as the KK clones, and there wasn't much difference in quality. starting this one from seed and flowered early would give good results. something folks with small areas would appreciate. this plant is capable of growing very large if left untrimmed.)

hey mack 10, it was difficult deciding whether to make my post or not. as i said above, had i written an actual grow and smoke report right after my first sample, it would have been very positive. there was a "honeymoon" period with this one. the shine wore off after smoking it a while. this has been true of many strains that have come and gone here. i'll probably get an order together and pick up the Westside.

Thanks for the honest feedback and not blowing smoke. I have been eyeballing the westside as well.

"Its good to hear that its rated by other test growers as potent medicine ,and its a well rewarded smoke in Amsterdam ,so it does bring some balance in opinions and thats what test reports are about..." ALLSTAR-OG

hey there, allstar-og, first let me point out that i was not a "tester" but a customer. i have no doubt that you'll hear what you want to hear from "testers" who were gifted the seeds, and probably look forward to receiving more free seeds from you. their opinions are biased from the start.

also, how well a strain is rewarded in amsterdam has little to do with how it is rated by me and my friends. to be honest, the opinions of people in amsterdam don't impress me at all.

thinman

Hey thats a while ago and how are you today thinman ;)
The testers are needed for grow results thinman and thats important for us but not your point .
so about the smoke then,
the "opinion of people in Amsterdam" is not based on testers that wanted free seeds but on local and worldwide customers "smokers' that purchased king kong at the different coffeeshops in Amsterdam.
There are allot of smoke reports about king kong and overall its well rewarded,off course like yourself and friends there are people that don't like king kong ,but as i mentioned before it brings a nice balance in opinions.

ALLSTAR-OG