Kingbrite 480w quantum board anyone ??

• Thread starter bigmikeyg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

So .. i think i want a quantum board setup...

i KNOW. i don’t want to pay 1300 :)

So i’ve seen the kingbrite in a few forums and a few people saying they are decent.. but always the smaller stuff... and never really a here it is working awesome .. a few sort ofs and nothing concrete

has anyone bought their 480w v3 hlg 550 setup ?

located here>>link<<

so i guess the first thing that jumps out at me is that they claim they are using LM301H top bin leds..

then i see people talking smack about the drivers these places use .. the one in this model is a
Driver: HLG-480H-48B
seems legit ? but is it .. lol .. is it good for 4x QB288 Board(16S18P).. and then wait are those decent boards

lol

man o man .. i wish i wasn’t stupid ... and again i’m back to i think i want a QB.. that’s quantum board for the noobs more noobish than me :)

any help or insight or any feedback on this company and this setup .. man o man would i appreciate it ...

two man o mans in one post :(

is it the long weekend yet :)

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

@TerriR it’s not that funny :) are you one that enjoys pain :) .. i wanna damn cry .. i got sucked into the rabbit hole today and can’t find the opening again :(

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

oh yeah they have what seems to be the same thing but one is 4 dollars more and it is still the 3500k 480 watts but it also has epistar 660nm

google wasn’t really helpful on that one either .. maybe a couple of extra red leds .. 4 bucks more could it be all that bad lol ..

here is a pic of one of the girls from out side in the greenhouse to make me smile when i m on this thread :)

56E996E1 05D5 4289 BB9B EFF80BE245FB
TerriR

TerriR

@TerriR it’s not that funny :) are you one that enjoys pain :) .. i wanna damn cry .. i got sucked into the rabbit hole today and can’t find the opening again :(
I know...sorry. Just had the same problem myself last week, so I feel the pain. I finally decided to go with 2 HLG 100 v2 QBs. That is the amount of $ that I am willing to invest and I will just have to be happy about it. Also gives me time to study all the diy videos (that’s where you can save some cash, I believe). Just thrilled to be able to grow! Let us know what you decide...I promise no light envy 😂

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

@TerriR did you order from albaba any import fees at the door ?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

I would get two of the 240w instead personally. Cheaper and you can mix your spectrums up a bit.. i got 3000k qnd 4000k. Import fee was 24 dollars canadian

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

I would get two of the 240w instead personally. Cheaper and you can mix your spectrums up a bit.. i got 3000k qnd 4000k. Import fee was 24 dollars canadian

have you been running these alibaba kingbrite versions ?

78OzFinest

78OzFinest

Nice, youll be happy with it im sure! They are great lights. Everyone who has bought one is happy with them

bigmikeyg

bigmikeyg

Nice, youll be happy with it im sure! They are great lights. Everyone who has bought one is happy with them
yeah i’m happy that’s it wasn’t 1400 :) can’t wait to try it on the next 4x4 tent grow

Ace9137

Ace9137

The relevance is a bit off of you ask me. This is specific to screw in bulb replacements.....
Still something to consider in investment, You seem to know something about LED, what would be the life expectancy for the best LED, and would it actually live up to it?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Still something to consider in investment, You seem to know something about LED, what would be the life expectancy for the best LED, and would it actually live up to it?

I have yet to see any failures from use from HLG quantum boards. Life expectancy will be based on level of usage and since most users are running these at well below max I expect the life expectancy to be close to the claimed 10 years or more. That’s my opinion. I have some tthat have run near max almost continually for close to two years....

Ace9137

Ace9137

I have yet to see any failures from use from HLG quantum boards. Life expectancy will be based on level of usage and since most users are running these at well below max I expect the life expectancy to be close to the claimed 10 years or more. That’s my opinion. I have some tthat have run near max almost continually for close to two years....
Maybe more discussion, in another thread, just one more thing though, does that mean at 18/6 or 12/12?

Migrower

Migrower

So .. i think i want a quantum board setup...

i KNOW. i don’t want to pay 1300 :)

So i’ve seen the kingbrite in a few forums and a few people saying they are decent.. but always the smaller stuff... and never really a here it is working awesome .. a few sort ofs and nothing concrete

has anyone bought their 480w v3 hlg 550 setup ?

located here>>link<<

so i guess the first thing that jumps out at me is that they claim they are using LM301H top bin leds..

then i see people talking smack about the drivers these places use .. the one in this model is a
Driver: HLG-480H-48B
seems legit ? but is it .. lol .. is it good for 4x QB288 Board(16S18P).. and then wait are those decent boards

lol

man o man .. i wish i wasn’t stupid ... and again i’m back to i think i want a QB.. that’s quantum board for the noobs more noobish than me :)

any help or insight or any feedback on this company and this setup .. man o man would i appreciate it ...

two man o mans in one post :(

is it the long weekend yet :)
Two of the 240’s from kingbrite. 4 months and still no drop in ppfd measured plenty. At least at 18” Once I take it down I’ll check again all boxes.Im completely satisfied.
D66C33B8 3E61 452D 82C4 5BAEB5F8869F
D19DE8A2 25E8 40F2 8AA5 D99B63F0E345
2D0BB3FE 97C1 49E5 968A 4538F5FFD607
0E74C6C4 9E57 4DB3 A127 3ABCED11EC09
2A97F88C 74A9 4815 8DEB 054EBFAB6BE4
47598EFA 452F 48BA 8CA1 B599373E2DDA

Top Bottom