Kingbrite Quantum board 240 watt distance?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Any kingbrite users that can help me out on the proper distance to keep from the canopy? I got it at 24 inches and I’m wondering wut the ideal distance will be?
kingbrite 240 watt quantum board full spectrum dimmable LED

Kingbrite quantum board 240 watt distance
Anthem

Anthem

Any kingbrite users that can help me out on the proper distance to keep from the canopy? I got it at 24 inches and I’m wondering wut the ideal distance will be?
It does not look like light burn or anything. If the lights are too close the plant will respond by doing a couple things. The most obvious will be the top fan leaves will begin to Taco, meaning the leaves will literally start to form into a hard taco shell shape. It will happen on the leaves closes to the light first. Your plants are young so IMO leave the light around 20" at the closes, but 24" is fine. If this is your first grow always try to error on the side of less is more. Your main goal should be to get some buds so you can some and learn as much as you can at the same time.

growsince79

growsince79

Dont use kingbrite, but they look good where its at. Let the plants grow to the light.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

I have ours at the roof of our tent almost. Just used the dimmer only.

Our plants seem fine with it, just adjust the lux higher when needed. Our first grow we were moving lights up and down pointlessly 😶

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I use a lux meter and move accordingly to the plants need so it’s different flowering around 45-55 k
Ok that would be great and all when I have one but I don’t soooo generally what distance did you keep your light at? Since your the only one that replied with the same light it would be nice to get some type of answer? Pics of the crop is really nice and all and I hope I get some fat nugs like that but I really am just looking for an answer in “inches away from the canopy”. I’ll be more specific... What distance did you use for flowering?

R

redshift75

So i did something with the QB244 that you cant do with a lux meter. Thats induce potassium deficiency in the plant through colder temps. The plants will actually turn purple and darker purple every place your light penetrates. Which I can tell you from my experience doing it. I was able to run my entire grow universally with only 6" of movement from the lights up or down. everything else can be done by the dimmers. or raised platform. I had stuff on the bottom turn purple. You can actually find a really nice mark with this method for penetration of your lights and configuring them. Like I learned they were better run vertical vs horizontal for penetration? idk why but it was just better! But I run 6 of them per tent in the 2 with qb244s. Its been cheaper for me to go with a different quantum light since I switched. Which using that same cold technique while it was cold found some alternative lights to supplement my expansion and is about the closest thing to the qb244s i can get. Total to match them is only about $85. So its relative to the diodes i guess.

The only true way I believe to tell your light coverage and penetration is running a grow like that.

some examples
note: white spots are not PWM but remnants of a dried foliar spray i use.

What i learned in this case was that strain on the left was getting more than enough light. The plant/strain in the right on the corner could stand a higher intensity. Thus I shouldnt have grew these plants together. But it gives a perfect picture why i chose those to cross these 2. One on the left can grow in extreme colds and take really bright light where the other one can handle the same and can handle more light with the induced defect and gets rock hard nugs but tends to stunt its growth until it induces full on failer. Those plants actually vegged in a qb244 tent and finished under the cheap "quantums that are $85 a pair and they were only being run at about 70W per light. with one supplemental screw in LED bulb i was using to get the low hanging fruit and move around the tent daily.

Is lots of things you can do to be creative. Each strain responds differently. Its not a condition that universally can be achieved by some. for me its reserved for the fall-spring grows. or finishing off summer grows. But to be fair im all about cold weather genetics.

Now if you notice the penetration with the cheap quantums on that tent. we go over to the qb244 tent and we see the penetration all the way down into the canopy turning yellow. Im not sure with the photos are of the finished aspect will have to find em. But same failure far greater penetration.

I never ran any qb244 over 80% most averaged 75% power output. What we can see with the QB244 is a clear penetration line well below the half way markof the tent and cannopy. That its not just the most exposed buds with the cheaper option. But dang near full penetration which we can compare the same strain to the sun and temps.

Which is why i love that strain. Cause it lets me create a real world benchmark to my equipments performance through simple condition changes. But it takes enough control over the environment to truly know you are artificually inducing the right conditions vs other failures.

So if my results are anything just hang em with yo yos. Most i had to drop it down is maybe 6-12" and after veg they could ride full height with no issue im sure one could move them all day for max effect. But i honestly dont believe its entirely necessary.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did you do those under the 240?
Best not to go by watts and height but rather actual measured light intensity

5-10k seedlings

15-40k veg start at 15 and increase every few days to a week on 18/6 light cycle. If autos full cycle. Can push higher depending on plants

45-65k flower again start low and increase as above 12/12. Again can push higher depending on plants.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok that would be great and all when I have one but I don’t soooo generally what distance did you keep your light at? Since your the only one that replied with the same light it would be nice to get some type of answer? Pics of the crop is really nice and all and I hope I get some fat nugs like that but I really am just looking for an answer in “inches away from the canopy”. I’ll be more specific... What distance did you use for flowering?
Sorry I missed this - distance for me is approximate 18”-20” just what I’m using

Moshmen

Moshmen

Best not to go by watts and height but rather actual measured light intensity

5-10k seedlings

15-40k veg start at 15 and increase every few days to a week on 18/6 light cycle. If autos full cycle. Can push higher depending on plants

45-65k flower again start low and increase as above 12/12. Again can push higher depending on plants.

Thank you good sir! - I do find myself at the lower end of these numbers prolly because the rest of the environment

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you good sir! - I do find myself at the lower end of these numbers prolly because the rest of the environment
Yeah depending on your phone it may vary. If you know someone with a lux meter the app has an adjust to kinda calibrate against a know lux meter.

Definitely a guide for ballpark only. Always go by the plants but it'll get ya close and even if your off a bit it will allow you some numbers to go by for future grows. I mean even if it's out 5-10k on a particular phone then that's really all you need to know when doing the next grow. On my phone in co2 I have had em up over 80k but typically 65-75k max and that's with co2.

workngrow

workngrow

Ive got the same board just higher wattage. 2 480w kingbrite qbs, far red spec /w UV diodes as well. Just mounted them the other day, will post here how they go in the coming weeks/months. Only using them for flower though, veg is going under a cheaper vivosun blue leaning full spec.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Ive got the same board and used a lux meter on my phone until they were well into veg, like 3-4 weeks At that point its been kept about 18" above. Earlier in veg I would just adjust height/dimmer knob if I wanted it warmer I would lower light and dimmer some.

Top Bottom