Knats in ur soil ?

• Thread starter THC.Tribble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

If you have bugs in your soil give these a try , 1 day and bug problem is gone .

ECO Canuck sticky trap

Knats in ur soil
Knats in ur soil 2
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Close to the problem - and you can tell where the sticky ends. brilliant.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep and those fuckers are resilient. took me a month of keeping the soil as dry as i could without killing the plants, two fans blowing constant air on them, till they were gone. always a few new borns everyday.
they came with the clones so i had them closed off in another room so i used no pesticides or anything.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yep and those fuckers are resilient. took me a month of keeping the soil as dry as i could without killing the plants, two fans blowing constant air on them, till they were gone. always a few new borns everyday.
they came with the clones so i had them closed off in another room so i used no pesticides or anything.

Mine are still around. A gnat or two show up again every few waterings. But i have all different size and stage plants all together so some pots are always freshly or recently watered. Its too easy for a couple to keep breeding.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Mine are still around. A gnat or two show up again every few waterings. But i have all different size and stage plants all together so some pots are always freshly or recently watered. Its too easy for a couple to keep breeding.
put a layer of an inch or so of perlite on top of soil
as than its to hard for them to lay eggs. keep it windy without damaging the plants.,

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I've used sand as a topping to prevent topside issues. As for the bottom side I do not have a good source for panty-hose to protect the drain holes, unfortunately. Damn things aren't as common as they used to be.

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

I do regularly add h2o2 to my mix but the pads have atleast got it under control for now . Thanks for the feed back everyone ! My soils drainage is not (ideal ) for indoor i agree .

THC.Tribble

THC.Tribble

That soil is way to wet. Unless you keep it way drier more gnats will come.

And sticky traps only catch the fliers. The larvae are breeding in the soil unless you used H2O2, BTi, or a pesticide to kill them.
Thanks for the info hombre 🤙

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

put a layer of an inch or so of perlite on top of soil
as than its to hard for them to lay eggs. keep it windy without damaging the plants.,

I admit i never did try sand, gnatrol or like you say perlite on top. I might try it. Although the few gnats i see are merely a nuisance.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sand works much better than Perlite in that instance. They can still crawl down between it and get to the surface of the soil.

PFR-97 in my soil mix is what got rid of mine.

Top Bottom