Knock Out Russet Mites?

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

Curious if anyone has had any luck knocking out Russet Mites with the FP or RP...Full strength tea, or at what concentration?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
RP wont do it but FP probably will. Spray when RH is high (above 60) and give it a couple sprays in a week, then follow up once a week.

ttystikk

ttystikk

In the event it does not, what definitely will is the following mix;
60 ml Azamax or Azatrol oil based pesticide(not the powder 'azasol')
3 ml Avid
Mix with one gallon very warm water, shake well and spray immediately. It doesn't keep well, but it gives good coverage. This mix ratio is proportional; mixing a quarter of all the ingredients works the same.

Repeat application between 8-16 days after the initial application, then monitor for signs of reemergence. I got almost three months' control.

I doubled the bottle recommendation of 21 days to harvest- since we're inside, I think it takes l longer to dissipate. I recommend 45 days to harvest but no closer.

Azamax and Azatrol are both organic, OMRI listed. Avid is a man-made pesticide, so act accordingly. This mix is effective on multiple levels and should be considered if your russet mite problem has gotten serious.

Azamax, etc, is an anti feedant and retards maturation and breeding. It is carried in neem oil, itself a horticultural oil.

Avid's label suggests use of a horticultural oil- coincidentally at the same dose as is on the Azamax label- to extend the persistence, or active effective duration, of the product. HENCE MY SUGGESTION ABOVE NOT TO USE IT ANYTIME WITHIN 45 DAYS OF HARVEST. Avid is persistent stuff. Treat it with respect. Believe me, label strength is plenty in this mix!

I can say from experience this combination is very effective.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
In the event it does not, what definitely will is the following mix;
60 ml Azamax or Azatrol oil based pesticide(not the powder 'azasol')
3 ml Avid
Mix with one gallon very warm water, shake well and spray immediately. It doesn't keep well, but it gives good coverage. This mix ratio is proportional; mixing a quarter of all the ingredients works the same.

Repeat application between 8-16 days after the initial application, then monitor for signs of reemergence. I got almost three months' control.

I doubled the bottle recommendation of 21 days to harvest- since we're inside, I think it takes l longer to dissipate. I recommend 45 days to harvest but no closer.

Azamax and Azatrol are both organic, OMRI listed. Avid is a man-made pesticide, so act accordingly. This mix is effective on multiple levels and should be considered if your russet mite problem has gotten serious.

Azamax, etc, is an anti feedant and retards maturation and breeding. It is carried in neem oil, itself a horticultural oil.

Avid's label suggests use of a horticultural oil- coincidentally at the same dose as is on the Azamax label- to extend the persistence, or active effective duration, of the product. HENCE MY SUGGESTION ABOVE NOT TO USE IT ANYTIME WITHIN 45 DAYS OF HARVEST. Avid is persistent stuff. Treat it with respect. Believe me, label strength is plenty in this mix!

I can say from experience this combination is very effective.

Or you could spray with the foliar pack and not use any chemicals, not have to worry about 45 days. Not have to worry about using mad protective gear, and not have to worry about poisoning yourself or the environment.. :cigar:

If you want to use azatrol you need to wait at least a week before/after applying bennies.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Russet mites are one you may have to go nuclear on. They are gnarly. For upkeep nothing beats caps gear, but for a heavy russet infestation I hit them with floramite, 3 days later took clones for preservation and dunked them in forbid and got rid of the plants. You don't have to go that far, but I'm building a new grow and don't want to risk infesting the new site. First run in months with no ogbiowar and I get russets... That's saying something though

ttystikk

ttystikk

Or you could spray with the foliar pack and not use any chemicals, not have to worry about 45 days. Not have to worry about using mad protective gear, and not have to worry about poisoning yourself or the environment.. :cigar:

If you want to use azatrol you need to wait at least a week before/after applying bennies.

THIS.

In no way should my suggestion be taken for anything other than a last resort, for use in the absence of other better options.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Russet mites are one you may have to go nuclear on. They are gnarly. For upkeep nothing beats caps gear, but for a heavy russet infestation I hit them with floramite, 3 days later took clones for preservation and dunked them in forbid and got rid of the plants. You don't have to go that far, but I'm building a new grow and don't want to risk infesting the new site. First run in months with no ogbiowar and I get russets... That's saying something though

Russet mites are suddenly epidemic in Colorado. I've been Re-infested twice already! Beware of anyone coming anywhere near your op.

CaliShark

CaliShark

How would the use of mighty wash effect the bennies on the leaf? Does it wash them off/kill them? I was spraying with teas for a couple weeks then saw a small mite problem that needed to be corrected. So I used mighty wash which is ionized water, but now I'm worried I killed all the bennies I had on leaf surfaces. How far into flower are you spraying teas Cap? Up until flower?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How would the use of mighty wash effect the bennies on the leaf? Does it wash them off/kill them? I was spraying with teas for a couple weeks then saw a small mite problem that needed to be corrected. So I used mighty wash which is ionized water, but now I'm worried I killed all the bennies I had on leaf surfaces. How far into flower are you spraying teas Cap? Up until flower?

Mighty wash is not ionized water. It has oils in it. That's what kills the mites. It will most likely harm the micro herd. Mighty wash is a contact killer. You can just spritz them down with some water and then follow up with tea again to reintroduce the population.

CaliShark

CaliShark

Damn so much for the prior applications I just killed off. But seems the mighty wash did a pretty good job. Tho it did burn the shit outa my pistils. I'll give them a rinse and spray some more bennies.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Try cycling every 3 days between caps foliar recipe and a neem cake/karanja/kelp tea. I know the neem and karanja doesn't effect bennie fungi growth because last time I top dressed with neem to keep fungus gnats away after a tea, the next day I had what looked like the fuzziest white mold across the top of my coco, looked exactly like when fungi takes over alfalfa top dresses.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Or you could spray with the foliar pack

How does this work/apply to azamax/azatrol?

I sprayed about a week ago with avid, I wanted to spray tonight with the folier pack.

When next can I spray with azamax?

greengiant42

greengiant42

i would not suggest going back and forth between the two because the azamax can and most likely will just kill all of the beneficials in the fp. that is why they say if you spray with the azamax to wait a week so that it will have time to dissipate. these things are crazy for sure though. epidemic in northern cali right now!

The Humanure

The Humanure

I ditched folier pack for next year.

sprayed with forbid, then avid then forbid 30 days later.
something like 60 days before harvest. will test for avid but I went LOW on all.

way to late for spraying anything but nukem and hay I cant find bugs so screw it.

Ill never go organic again, sorry just did not work and yes there some bad ass bugs out.

Tuku

Tuku

Azamax and Azatrol are both organic, OMRI listed. Avid is a man-made pesticide, so act accordingly.

Organic does not automatically mean safe and man-made does not automatically mean harmful. In this case, you're right and I wouldn't be in a hurry to use Avid, but just thought I'd point that out.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Tuke, I know. I used avid at half dose.

My thought was I was neeming and azo and every thing under the sun ever 4 days with no luck other then burning lungs.
15 sprays, no luck One spray with avid and a haz mat suit and they never came back and forbid but who's counting)

Tuku

Tuku

Yeah, sometimes you have to hit them with hard chems. They're designed for a reason!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Tuke, I know. I used avid at half dose.

My thought was I was neeming and azo and every thing under the sun ever 4 days with no luck other then burning lungs.
15 sprays, no luck One spray with avid and a haz mat suit and they never came back and forbid but who's counting)
Half the dosing rate that's on the label? If you do that, you're selecting out for resistance. Follow the label directions (which includes a limited number of applications per season, as does Forbid).

The Humanure

The Humanure

Hi gues, I jsut went into pre flower and this year it was russet mite EXPLOSION. I used Forbid at full dose.
I have 10 gallons of Caps benies.

1. I use a femco sprayer with a very tiny pump, will that kill the microbes?

After forbid there nothing alive and its mid preflower. I hated using forbid but this time its bad.
I will never forget to use caps foiler pack again,

Latest posts

Top Bottom