Know The Signs!

• Thread starter CannabisJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJack

CannabisJack

I see an awful lot of new growers who’ve never attempted to grow a plant let alone a Cannnabis plant.

They start feeding high amounts of nutrients, growing in stronger soil than needed, and not checking their PH levels.

It’s great to see the interest and this site has a lot of great users who love to give a helping hand. I think it’s awesome to see everyone’s gardens and the different methods people use to achieve their end product.

I had a lot of troubles my first grows and I learned a lot. My recommendation to any new grower is to read and do lots of research before even planting a seed. If I would have taken the time I would have saved A LOT of money and time.

Having a basic start up and basic knowledge can help you fix many issues early on in your grow or prevent issues from even happening.

Things to read up on:
  1. Soil
  2. PH levels
  3. Flower pots
  4. Temperature/humidity
  5. Air circulation
  6. Grow space
  7. Nutrients
  8. Lights
Maybe not in that exact order, but basic knowledge on these things can help you out a lot in the long run. Attached are different defects that can come with any grow and can help you fix the issue faster when you know what it is when you see it.

Know the signs
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I see an awful lot of new growers who’ve never attempted to grow a plant let alone a Cannnabis plant.

They start feeding high amounts of nutrients, growing in stronger soil than needed, and not checking their PH levels.

It’s great to see the interest and this site has a lot of great users who love to give a helping hand. I think it’s awesome to see everyone’s gardens and the different methods people use to achieve their end product.

I had a lot of troubles my first grows and I learned a lot. My recommendation to any new grower is to read and do lots of research before even planting a seed. If I would have taken the time I would have saved A LOT of money and time.

Having a basic start up and basic knowledge can help you fix many issues early on in your grow or prevent issues from even happening.

Things to read up on:
  1. Soil
  2. PH levels
  3. Flower pots
  4. Temperature/humidity
  5. Air circulation
  6. Grow space
  7. Nutrients
  8. Lights
Maybe not in that exact order, but basic knowledge on these things can help you out a lot in the long run. Attached are different defects that can come with any grow and can help you fix the issue faster when you know what it is when you see it.
great info and share of the love,you are absolutly right about the force feed to problems,the problem i think lay in the internet,really,when folk wont to grow there own meds first line of defense is watch some you tube,noting wrong with that,but most vids are sells gimmicks from sponsors,they see all the lights and feeds and rif raf along with it,and say hell ya i can do that,great response too,but they dont consider the joker been growing for years and even though sponsors kick shit into over drive they still know how to read the plant, especially the pro mix thing ,just gets my goat,hell ya you can grow anything in it,but dont just think you put water in there and stuff thrive ,once that peat moss dries out harder than hell to re hydrate it,coco same thing ,i been trying to figure out were the saying soil is easiest,i sure shit dont know what planet they come from,haah but no matter which medium or methods used experience is the major key and that comes with screw up imo,biggest problem i see more and most often is the nutrient gig and all the crap comes with it,if you just like wasting money i aint hating,but a plant can only eat so much soiless or water is feed daily sometimes 3 times a day,it seems such a waste toi always putting more nutes in ,again imo,it just flushed right out,i see it like a baby,you can do the airplane witha spoon full of food for them but if theyt dont want it ,they might fall for the trick but as soon as you spoon it in ,here it comes right back out hahahah,anyway i agree completly with you but also think the downfall is all these sponsored joker that have plenty of meds there sitting on and the real goal is for someone to sponsor them one way or the other,im always on board to help folk if they some what listen,but the ones that just say hey that not what the dirt guy on you tube says,that when i leave the party cause they already have there mind set,so be it and go on down to the chemical store and spend 3 bills on nothing ,hahahah

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Things to read up on:
  1. Soil
  2. PH levels
  3. Flower pots
  4. Temperature/humidity
  5. Air circulation
  6. Grow space
  7. Nutrients
  8. Lights

I would like to add alkalinity to your list. New and experienced growers alike seem to focus on ph in soil when alkalinity (water hardness) is what we are dealing with.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Things to read up on:
  1. Soil
  2. PH levels
  3. Flower pots
  4. Temperature/humidity
  5. Air circulation
  6. Grow space
  7. Nutrients
  8. Lights
I tell those new to growing to grow basil or sunflowers in small pots while reading and learning how to grow weed. You learn so much by doing something so simple yet so daunting. Far too many fail to count the time it takes to get from seed to flower and how trying to rush the process only produces failure. It's a lot easier to make your first mistakes on a pack of dollar seeds and a few bucks in pots and soil.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I tell those new to growing to grow basil or sunflowers in small pots while reading and learning how to grow weed. You learn so much by doing something so simple yet so daunting. Far too many fail to count the time it takes to get from seed to flower and how trying to rush the process only produces failure. It's a lot easier to make your first mistakes on a pack of dollar seeds and a few bucks in pots and soil.
ive always thought tomato plants was the key,if you can grow and not have blossom end rot there ready to grow medicine,because over water is the number one threat to any plant and you got to keep the soil cool and moist with them,they will still grow over watered but not much fruit and plenty of sickly plants

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

ive always thought tomato plants was the key,if you can grow and not have blossom end rot there ready to grow medicine,because over water is the number one threat to any plant and you got to keep the soil cool and moist with them,they will still grow over watered but not much fruit and plenty of sickly plants
So true, but those with no experience need a few successes before attempting to grow weed or tomatoes as to grow either you need some basic knowledge and most importantly, patience.

Many new to growing seem to believe feeding plants is like feeding a steam engine, more is better. Nothing could be further from the truth. Balance is key, from waterng to growing medium to light to fertilisers.

But those new to growing need some success to kindle the fire to grow and learn more and basil/sunflowers are some of the eaisist to grow. We know those who spent hundreds for a grow and got nothing and discouraged and sold it all for pennies on the dollar. I'd like to see everyone who's interested in growing be successful.

This isn't rocket science, plants have been growing and propagating long before we thought we could do it better and it takes time for us to learn, mainly through trial and error, before we can get the results we want.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you look at the world around you and all of the plants that cover the earth, who checks their Ph and gives the Cal-Mag when they get the sniffles? NOBODY! People just pour stuff on these poor plants expecting Superman to result, but all they have accomplished is to feed a lifetime's worth of fertilizer/food in a weeks time. More is NOT better.
For those who have grown for a long time, growing is like a professional singer. They can't screw up if they tried due to years of practice. The same goes with growing... you just learn what to do and what not to do. Plants have grown the world over without the intervention of man. I prefer to keep things as natural as possible, using minimal additives and thinking thru the process before starting. The biggest challenge is keeping my hands off of the plants and simply letting them grow without constantly changing stuff on them.

CannabisJack

CannabisJack

If you look at the world around you and all of the plants that cover the earth, who checks their Ph and gives the Cal-Mag when they get the sniffles? NOBODY! People just pour stuff on these poor plants expecting Superman to result, but all they have accomplished is to feed a lifetime's worth of fertilizer/food in a weeks time. More is NOT better.
For those who have grown for a long time, growing is like a professional singer. They can't screw up if they tried due to years of practice. The same goes with growing... you just learn what to do and what not to do. Plants have grown the world over without the intervention of man. I prefer to keep things as natural as possible, using minimal additives and thinking thru the process before starting. The biggest challenge is keeping my hands off of the plants and simply letting them grow without constantly changing stuff on them.
Well the PH of rain water is usually more acidic which is best for most plants, but you make a good point as well.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Some people were just unlucky and born where plants don't grow by themselves. Where I come from you have 2 worries. Lime and spread free shit from across the road. Now you have zero worries. Because you have 3 dozen plots every every year and use that to teach you about pests and disease pressures.

Every time someone sends me a photo i see a pot of mud. I like telling people to stop watering their mud, then seeing success as a result. Much easier than trying to explain the bottled product hustle and never seeing success.

Just think how much of it is propaganda in growing,culturally engrained into city boy growing specifically. You had "regular" weed in the days of Nintendo, and people asking "well how do i grow 'Super' weed?

"well with fucking mad scientists weed growers kit of course"

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Well the PH of rain water is usually more acidic which is best for most plants, but you make a good point as well.
While most of the rainwater is acidic, it wasn't always this way. Acid rain, which has plagued man since the industrial age began, has been a large contributor to many of the world's woes. Acid rain can change Ocean Ph, causing issues with the carbon cycle, as well as caused a lot of damage in Canadian boreal forests, where the rain, combined with the acidic conditions that exist naturally (Tannic acids from bogs, etc) have damaged a lot of the pine that grows there. Rain water should be as close to neutral as possible, as should distilled and RO water. Natural acids in the atmosphere can influence the Ph, but it is pretty close to neutral. CO2 dissolved in it will cause it to be slightly acidic, but the balance lies in the stuff that gets dissolved in it. Keeping things close to the middle has always worked well for me. I have seen Cannabis grow in all kinds of soil, so it is pretty forgiving to most variations in conditions. My main point is that plants grow best in their natural conditions, for the most part. There are always exceptions, but the practice of throwing nutrients and variables at plants doesn't always work out well. A well tuned grower might be better equipped to best make use of these things, but they are usually specialized grows that are too difficult for the avg grower, or a newer grower who is popping his 1st seed.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i agree completely,i even over grow hahaah,i dont dig putting stuff on my plants for bugs,hell there part of the web to,so i plant twice as much haah that poor garden gets feed once a week and the shit just thrive ,food web is important,instead of over or under feeding isnt it better to keep the web happy instead ,they the workers in reality,imo,my top garden only gets pampered because of the old hen hahahah she went to the lower garden yesterday and cussed my ass out,i got so many purple hull peas it gonna take a week to shuck um all ,i dont even water them,just sun food web and nature and they fill the boxes back with nitro for the next batch,im with ya ,if you force feed to get superman like you said you will be asking for help sooner or later lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

not always friend,when i lived in the metroplex the rain was 8.0 coming right to the barrels,i then moved 40 miles away and now it is acidic running right at 6.5,i got a 500 ft well it alkaline as hell,good for me but not really for the plants,i buffer with peat moss and then it works it way threw the soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

While most of the rainwater is acidic, it wasn't always this way. Acid rain, which has plagued man since the industrial age began, has been a large contributor to many of the world's woes. Acid rain can change Ocean Ph, causing issues with the carbon cycle, as well as caused a lot of damage in Canadian boreal forests, where the rain, combined with the acidic conditions that exist naturally (Tannic acids from bogs, etc) have damaged a lot of the pine that grows there. Rain water should be as close to neutral as possible, as should distilled and RO water. Natural acids in the atmosphere can influence the Ph, but it is pretty close to neutral. CO2 dissolved in it will cause it to be slightly acidic, but the balance lies in the stuff that gets dissolved in it. Keeping things close to the middle has always worked well for me. I have seen Cannabis grow in all kinds of soil, so it is pretty forgiving to most variations in conditions. My main point is that plants grow best in their natural conditions, for the most part. There are always exceptions, but the practice of throwing nutrients and variables at plants doesn't always work out well. A well tuned grower might be better equipped to best make use of these things, but they are usually specialized grows that are too difficult for the avg grower, or a newer grower who is popping his 1st seed.
yep,mainly that magic word,SUPER SOIL that put you in a complete wreck and misunderstood

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

"well how do i grow 'Super' weed?

"well with fucking mad scientists weed growers kit of course"
[/QUOTE]
Mine got lost in the mail. 🤣

Erasmus

Erasmus

Things to read up on:
  1. Soil
  2. PH levels
  3. Flower pots
  4. Temperature/humidity
  5. Air circulation
  6. Grow space
  7. Nutrients
  8. Lights

9. Patience.

Top Bottom