Kodiak Gold

• Thread starter Josey Wales
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Josey Wales

REEF

Man I am happy as hell I just scored a couple packs of your KG. I have read lots of great reports on this strain and never seemed to be able to find it in stock when I had the dough to get it. I'm thinking bout trying it outdoors to replace the Nigerian Nightmare mom I had. I've never grown OD, the NN was grown by a friend as a test run last year and he kicked a clone back at me but I lost it in a move.My Q is regarding mold resistance.
I live in an area known for mold issues, your description says rock hard nugs and excellent mold resistance.Don't hard buds have more of an issue with mold bcuz they hold moisture longer? Does this strain have some kind of natural genetic resistance to mold?
Either way I'm going to try some indoor with this strain too. If it works out maybe next year I can do an indoor/outdoor comparison with the same cut.

Once again- Thanks for the awsome genes REEF!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Reef's Kodiak Gold makes me giggle like a little school girl...it is some of the goofiest shit ever

Tex

Hazeman

Hazeman

Breeder
Supporter
i have a few of his KG going right now i cant wait till there done :420:

S

soda seeds

I wish I had enough $$$ to afford these right now. If I remember correctly time2unite has some old threads about the KG on IC. I think he said it was heavy yielding and good mold resistance. If you search for KG on IC I bet you'll find the thread.

J

Josey Wales

Ya I did an IC search. Just interested in RM's comments on it.I think this is one of those strains he's had since like the begining of time and he's probably one of the best info sources on it.

R

Reeferman

Its really great plant I have had since the 80's when I collected it was the first time I had ever seen darkening and 1 of the first real grows I had ever seen on kodiak island alaska .
Its a great outdoor strain the lavender pheno is a top quality purple the best I have ever grown or smoked .

The charles Kush has purples in it from the Kodiak gold lavender male used to create the IBL .
RM

J

Josey Wales

How bout the mold thing RM? I'm in New England, I hear mold is a huge issue outdoors here.

R

Reeferman

She is bullet proof on the worst season on vancouver island its a temperate rain forest so I am pretty sure you are good to go in new england !

darkmatter

darkmatter

good enough for alaska good enough for your neck of the woods .i grew a plant of it good stuff.grow it outdoors and see.youll end up smokin goodness is my guess.i havent got my outdoor balls yet,but ive been doing a good amount of fishing though.i bet lance armstrong could step in the woods for a bit.

B

blueskies

Hey reef I snatched 2 pcks. Just wonderin do they end up havin darkened calxs? How many phenotypes to look for?

M

myst

I grew the KG a few years ago. The purple phenos grow dark plum purple buds from the onset, no cold temp leaf tinting here. The high was solid, the smell was minimal, the frost was prominent, the buds were rock hard fist size topknots.
Good luck all and keep that KG rolling!

Satta

Satta

Here's a couple of different views of some Kodiak Gold from last year. Came through a lousy summer of low light levels and high rainfall. Put a smile on the faces of all that sampled...:nod

Lack of funds stops me from grabbing another couple of packs but I urge those who can...do so

:harvest:

Nice one Reeferman!

IMG 1481
IMG 1559
Hazeman

Hazeman

Breeder
Supporter
very nice, I will be making some f2's of the Kodiak Gold. I will have to give some to my buddies. I like the purple bud :damnhippie:

R

Reeferman

The high is great long lasting and rich there are only 2 pheno types these are f-16 seeds after the f-12 we had solid purples show up we had only purple pistols all of a sudden in that filion group solid purple pheno its quality was great so we selected for the trait now 2 pheno's show the Gold and the lavender pheno , they taste the same despite the color .
~reef~

C

Cherokee

Kodiak Gold Quotes From Da Vault

:coffee

Reeferman said:
the best potential to find "high potency" purple in my collection would be in the kodiak gold you will find "lavender pheno" 1 in 25 should show these interesting colars and they are very very potent lower PH during the wrinse will also bring out the purples more in my experience RM

Reeferman said:
We never saw a lavender untill the f-7 seedlings we had seen shades and highlights but untill inbreeding further we never saw it in the line , the tall and short pheno have always been in the strain the golden sativa pheno is the strongest in my opinion but the lavender is up there which is rare we see this in a purple its a more subtle purple indoors we were blown way when we saw how dark she went outdoors from the cutting .rm

:hi: Howdy Reef,, glad to see ya online again !
I decided after being here for sometime to finally share in order to get my post count up soze i can PM ya's laters regarding some of your strains i'm growing/grown.

I'll be commenting as to my experience over the last couple years with Kodiak Gold. I'll reflect on all my encounters with the various packs of RMS KG originals + some i grew made from your seeds by a previous RMS member..

Be back soon

BlackBart

BlackBart

The Kodiak looks like a good candidate to cross with my Allagash indica, that is a very old IBL from new england . It would be nice to put some purple in to her

Allagash 1
Top Bottom