krzydmnd yet another first grow thread

• Thread starter krzydmnd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
krzydmnd

krzydmnd

hi all~. just set up my tent early december and put beans in the soil on 12/9, so right about six weeks I think, and about 2 weeks into flower.

all autoflower, same supplier, same germination (soil)....

Largest is Pineapple Express, Stubbier one is Critical Purple and the runt is Tangerine Dream. Light is 580w Actual, at about 60k lux, 18/6, FF Ocean Soil, and FF nutes fed at 1/4 recommended doses. I'm having a little trouble keeping temps down, peaking at 83, typically around 80-81, and around 70 at night.

I dunno what happened to the runt, guessing bad genes? I figured I'd let her grow and see what happens! I'm feeling OK about the other two even though they are on the small side, although I kinda feel like I may have trimmed too many fan leaves? what do you think? also, the white spots on leaves are water marks.

Krzydmnd yet another first grow thread
Krzydmnd yet another first grow thread 2
Krzydmnd yet another first grow thread 3
Krzydmnd yet another first grow thread 4
Last edited:
amekins

amekins

hi all~. just set up my tent early december and put beans in the soil on 12/9, so right about six weeks I think, and about 2 weeks into flower.

all autoflower, same supplier, same germination (soil)....

Largest is Pineapple Express, Stubbier one is Critical Purple and the runt is Tangerine Dream. Light is 580w Actual, at about 60k lux, 18/6, FF Ocean Soil, and FF nutes fed at 1/4 recommended doses. I'm having a little trouble keeping temps down, peaking at 83, typically around 80-81, and around 70 at night.

I dunno what happened to the runt, guessing bad genes? I figured I'd let her grow and see what happens! I'm feeling OK about the other two even though they are on the small side, although I kinda feel like I may have trimmed too many fan leaves? what do you think? also, the white spots on leaves are water marks.
Those temps are fine if you can keep the appropriate humidity levels. I’ll let others chime in on the rest because I’m still new to growing.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
thanks, i've looked closely and removed a few leaves. it's water marks from spraying.
i kinda doubt it..
well watch and see if more shows up, it’s usually in the shaded parts as well.. get a microscope and know for sure, one used for trichomes is sufficient..

krzydmnd

krzydmnd

i kinda doubt it..
well watch and see if more shows up, it’s usually in the shaded parts as well.. get a microscope and know for sure, one used for trichomes is sufficient..
i just got my jewelers lens today! I'll take a closer look tomorrow, and see if i can post a better pic. I get those spots after I spray nutes from a pressure bottle.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i just got my jewelers lens today! I'll take a closer look tomorrow, and see if i can post a better pic. I get those spots after I spray nutes from a pressure bottle.
ok, thanks will like to know out come.. something is holding her back.,

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
otherwise? anything else I should consider?
things look fine otherwise, a bit of taco effect on some leaves..
just wait and diagnose the wpm? take your time try to make sure as it can ruin everything and future grows.,

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

Here's one of my autos in week 5 lemon Auto... It had started flowering early about week 3, so I was a little worried on how big it was going to get but it ended up exceeding my expectations....

IMG 20210120 153731679
IMG 20210119 112830911 HDR
IMG 20210120 153617666
krzydmnd

krzydmnd

hi folks! update at day 44. I did determine that my spots are water spots. I'll certainly keep an eye out for WMP, of course!

Is it OK to prune any of the older leaves at this point, or should I leave them alone if they're not blocking any buds?

also, think the stem on the new shoot in the cup is too tall to catch up to the leaves? Should i prop it or pull it?
IMG 1410
IMG 1399
IMG 1398
IMG 1401
IMG 1402
IMG 1404
IMG 1409

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the stem/seedling in the cup is like that probably because the seed wasn’t planted deep enough, might have to fill the cup up with more soil? just be careful watering as she’s top heavy and can cause damage to roots if she falls over.. i had it happen to one today but it’s fine.. i have a vid up.
i’d just leave the other plants alone..

krzydmnd

krzydmnd

Great thanks. I’ll add a bit more soil to help. It shot up like two inches overnight! I had it germinating under the glow of my frog tank lights. Lol. Guess I won’t do that again.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Great thanks. I’ll add a bit more soil to help. It shot up like two inches overnight! I had it germinating under the glow of my frog tank lights. Lol. Guess I won’t do that again.
stretching is usually caused by the ambient room temp being above 80, among a couple other things.

Top Bottom