Kyle’s First Grow - StarDog / Roasted Garlic Margarita

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey all!

I first came here to this forum to seek help with my plant when it was sick, from transplanting it from soil to DWC. Since then I’ve made a lot of progress and also changed up my grow tent a bit. In an effort to continue maximizing my productivity / yield I am now opening up to suggestions on how I can make this setup better before the plants grow to a point where it’s hard to make significant changes.
I’m currently running 2 x Spider Farmer SF1000 both running at 100%. One is 24’’ above canopy and the other is around 40’’. I’ve got a cheap cool mist humidifier, a fan blowing air upwards and a fan above the canopy and I’m running a single DWC bucket with no separate reservoir. (I’m looking for suggestions on how to incorporate a reservoir into this set up! Mainly so I don’t have to worry about messing with the DEC bucket directly during water changes so I don’t have to shift around the plant to open / check water etc. )

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s suggestions! I like constructive criticism too!!!

Kyles first grow   stardog  roasted garlic margarita
Kyles first grow   stardog  roasted garlic margarita 2
Kyles first grow   stardog  roasted garlic margarita 3
Kyles first grow   stardog  roasted garlic margarita 4
Kyles first grow   stardog  roasted garlic margarita 5
Last edited:
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Hey everyone! So it's been two weeks since I've updated on here about the grow. A lot of changes have happened. When I posted this I had one DWC bucket with a clone in it that was somewhat struggling, and then I had 4 seeds growing in rockwool all in a 2x4 tent. Since then I've thrown out the clone in the DWC bucket because I was having issues with the plant being stunted and not growing and I think it's something I might revisit at a later date. Another change I made was I bought a 5x10 grow tent, and put together an entire 4x8 flood table setup with proper ventilation. I've got a 40 gallon rez with 30 gallons of nutrient solution in, with a water chiller. I've also got an AC Infinity 6 inch inline fan setup with the temp/humidity controller so I don't have to worry about it. I haven't yet got the flood table pump on a timer because the plants are still small and so I'm turning on/off the pump manually until they are drinking the water from the blocks at a rate I feel like I can't keep up with manual feeding. I will add some pics for you to see. I just added the panda film today. The 4 plants you seen in there have been in there for about one week now. Let me know what you think, or any adjustments you think I should make for this to be better!

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

BTW this is the first time I've done any of this. I've never used panda film either so it looks a little ghetto compared to what I see most people do, but I also put the panda film on AFTER my plants had been in here for a week and I didn't want to uproot the blocks because the roots are growing into coco matting underneath them, and I had to do this on my own so it was a hassle doing it and making sure I wasn't going to hurt the plants.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Also if you think the plants look a little overwatered, it's because when I first put the plants in here a week ago, I accidentally flooded the table for 15 minutes instead of 2 minutes and so the rockwool was waterlogged for an entire week. They almost died from the overwatering but I just left them to dry up in the rockwool cubes for the whole week. That ended up working and they did dry out for the most part. I just fed them again last night but only for 1-2 mins and when I woke up this morning and checked on them after they had lights on for 2 hours they were all standing tall and praying.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I’m making the flip to flower for these 4 babies tonight. I’ll post some pictures a few days into the transition period. Still not sure yet what’s male and female so I’ll be keeping a close eye on them to pick out the males and get them off the table. I’ve got some seeds germinating now and I plan to throw them on the table once they root the rockwool cubes and I’m gonna have them go seed to 12/12 as an experiment. I’ll put them in place of whatever males come off the table.

Youngster

Youngster

Built that one myself... rdwc vs the table but I like the way your plants look and the panda film looks cool id definitely need a larger tent to do that
I’m making the flip to flower for these 4 babies tonight. I’ll post some pictures a few days into the transition period. Still not sure yet what’s male and female so I’ll be keeping a close eye on them to pick out the males and get them off the table. I’ve got some seeds germinating now and I plan to throw them on the table once they root the rockwool cubes and I’m gonna have them go seed to 12/12 as an experiment. I’ll put them in place of whatever males come off the table.

Let's gooo... can't wait for the pics

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

This is what they look like right now the first night of the 12/12 flip. They look mauled because once again I’m training them all differently. One of them is really growing significantly stronger and larger, all are the same strain and are from bag seed. Something tells me that really strong one is a male but I guess we shall soon see.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Btw for those who are wondering those are two SF1000s but they are only there temporarily for the next few weeks while I wait to get the SF4000 which is what will light that side of the tent. Those two SF1000s will go back into my 2x4 where I will start growing a mother plant and also keeping some clones before they go into the 5x10. My ultimate goal is to have the SF4000 on one side of the 5x10 and then maybe a gavita on the other side to do a side by side comparison.

Youngster

Youngster

This is what they look like right now the first night of the 12/12 flip. They look mauled because once again I’m training them all differently. One of them is really growing significantly stronger and larger, all are the same strain and are from bag seed. Something tells me that really strong one is a male but I guess we shall soon see.

Hopefully it is just a different phenotype and a large female.

Top Bottom