L.Bs ongoing growing

• Thread starter London bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
London bud

London bud

No push, I understand financial priorities and a blue collar paycheck. Raised my son, step-son, and grandkids.

I've done the research and wanted to give you one to keep in the bull pen for when your ready. I'm on a fixed income nowadays so I'm I'm always looking out for good deals.
I didn't expect you to have grandkids, I'd imagined you were mid 30s lol.
I appreciate you taking the time to share with me though I'm always learning

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I didn't expect you to have grandkids, I'd imagined you were mid 30s lol.
I appreciate you taking the time to share with me though I'm always learning

Haha. No, Mid-40's, 2nd wife was a few years older and had her 1st kid in her teens. Grandkids are in their teens. My son is 24. It was fun but a whole lot less stress being single and retired.

London bud

London bud

I was reading an interesting piece from jumpingcactus on here. It was regarding fertilisation lowering soil ph over time. I am currently growing in the same soil as the mother, literally.
When I first used the soil for mum it was great and mum gave me no worries but maybe after all the veg n bloom feed that's been added through the course of mums life maybe the soils composition has changed slightly? Could it be that my soil over time has got out of tune? I think this could be the issue here but I can't ph my dirt. At the time my clones were rooting, I had nothing else to pot in so used the old dirt.
There in small pots and not particularly root bound in there, I'm thinking if I try to gently shake any loose soil off the root ball and repot in a larger pot with fresh soil it should help. Maybe it'll resolve my problems.
Aswel, what does anybody know about pinky purple roots? Normal or problem?

chemistry

chemistry

Repot, or your just going to carry on with the same thing. And it gets rid of some of your doubts.

London bud

London bud

@chemistry I would say the uva defo made a difference, the sides of the plant with the light on them were greener. Impossible to say for sure if that's the uv or coincidence though.
Repotted them anyway three days ago and they've perked up for sure, it's reinforced my thoughts that my dirts ph was off. They're actually growing now lol :D and the plants look green again!
I'll post some pics Tomo.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@chemistry I would say the uva defo made a difference, the sides of the plant with the light on them were greener. Impossible to say for sure if that's the uv or coincidence though.
Repotted them anyway three days ago and they've perked up for sure, it's reinforced my thoughts that my dirts ph was off. They're actually growing now lol :D and the plants look green again!

If you could get Primordial Solutions nutes over there I'd recommend them to help restore your soil. I don't know what products you have access to locally but if you can find some with the right biologicals it might make your soil reusable. Also, planting things like bean sprouts in it while it's resting between plants I've heard helps.

Look up "no till" on here. There are a lot of people working on more ecologically stable growing techniques.

chemistry

chemistry

What happened to the pix.

London bud

London bud

My plants ar nice n green now, I trimmed off the worst leaves when I reppoted and haven't had any more leaves yellowing or purpling since. Ive noticed growth in them both now, im expecting that over the next week growth will really pick up.
I'm using a peat soil, with lime n verniculite now. The plants responded well to it but it's very fine soil, I think it could be a little restricting for the roots overall, they still need repotted again though so I'm thinking I'll use mix in perlite to air it out a bit more
@SmithsJunk it's not really worth trying to restore the soil for me, I'm only using a bag of soil at a time so it's easier for me to just get another fresh bag. Definitely learnt a little lesson on ph with this though. I'm not as experienced as a lot of you on here but had never had any serious problems caused by ph till now. Ill definetely be more aware in future.

2019 03 03 134510
2019 03 03 134835
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My plants ar nice n green now, I trimmed off the worst leaves when I reppoted and haven't had any more leaves yellowing or purpling since. Ive noticed growth in them both now, im expecting that over the next week growth will really pick up.
I'm using a peat soil, with lime n verniculite now. The plants responded well to it but it's very fine soil, I think it could be a little restricting for the roots overall, they still need repotted again though so I'm thinking I'll use mix in perlite to air it out a bit more
@SmithsJunk it's not really worth trying to restore the soil for me, I'm only using a bag of soil at a time so it's easier for me to just get another fresh bag. Definitely learnt a little lesson on ph with this though. I'm not as experienced as a lot of you on here but had never had any serious problems caused by ph till now. Ill definetely be more aware in future.

Wow, they look great man. I think that new soil is giving you much better drainage as well as a proper pH.

I realised that right after I wrote it (small quantity of soil, easily replaced). I'm used to dealing with almost 5 cubic meters of soil. So, don't mind me, even though I'm conservative I've still got the liberal Cali eco-conservation attitude. Our natural resources have been devastated by 200yrs of greed and mismanagement and our whole state is finally beginning to embrace a more nature friendly approach. A big part of that is soil conditioning for indefinite sustainability.

...aside from all that, I've had great success with Primordial Solutions on my last indoor run. It was my first real indoor grow and my girls were drooping and dying. I was using nutrients intended for much bigger outdoor plants that had the capacity/ability to purge unwanted waste. I won the POTM contest on here and the prize was Primordial Solutions SeaGreen. Within 24hrs of the first application my girls had perked up and were even successful in surviving temps all the way down to 0C. It is a truly impressive product. When you guys finally go legal I recommend it for your outdoor plants.

(I'm not trying to sell you on it but I was so blown away by the difference it made I can't help but share my experience.)

Your girls are looking fantastic. Definitely stick with what your doing.

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk I suppose even down to the smallest scale growers we should be taking care not to create unnecessary waste. I worry what the world will be like for my grandkids.
I'll have to have a read up about primordial solutions.
I know you know your shit when it comes to growing weed so I appreciate the compliments on the plants, thanks man

London bud

London bud

Got a few more pics I thought I'd share, I've just been squashing the plants down with my hand every now and then to keep them flat'ish at the moment. Once they've grown out more I'll start weaving them through a net

2019 03 03 164734
2019 03 03 165003
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk I suppose even down to the smallest scale growers we should be taking care not to create unnecessary waste. I worry what the world will be like for my grandkids.
I'll have to have a read up about primordial solutions.
I know you know your shit when it comes to growing weed so I appreciate the compliments on the plants, thanks man

I'm actually pretty new to this. Only been growing since summer 2017. It's that this forum is so informative, like a tsunami of information.

I didn't know anything before '17. Got my medical scrip in '15 and my mind was totally blown when I walked into a dispensary the first time. Spent about $500mo on weed the next two years then asked my cousin if I could use his old garden cause he got a new greenhouse. Had my first harvest in Oct '17 and never had to buy it again. I give people weed everywhere I go and a lot of times they even trade me. I trade weed with someone in front of the smoke or hydro shop at least once a month. It's really cool.

Got a few more pics I thought I'd share, I've just been squashing the plants down with my hand every now and then to keep them flat'ish at the moment. Once they've grown out more I'll start weaving them through a net

I love bansai and want to try to make a long living mother. Those look the perfect plants and perfect stage to lay out the roots to shallow soil and slow the growth. I think they'd make nice mothers with those tight nodes.

London bud

London bud

I'm actually pretty new to this. Only been growing since summer 2017. It's that this forum is so informative, like a tsunami of information.

I didn't know anything before '17. Got my medical scrip in '15 and my mind was totally blown when I walked into a dispensary the first time. Spent about $500mo on weed the next two years then asked my cousin if I could use his old garden cause he got a new greenhouse. Had my first harvest in Oct '17 and never had to buy it again. I give people weed everywhere I go and a lot of times they even trade me. I trade weed with someone in front of the smoke or hydro shop at least once a month. It's really cool.

I love bansai and want to try to make a long living mother. Those look the perfect plants and perfect stage to lay out the roots to shallow soil and slow the growth. I think they'd make nice mothers with those tight nodes.

I see, I've been growing about the same time, just small scale to you though, I'm getting pretty good at maximising my space now though. I must agree this site is very informative and every little grow I do I learn more, I love watching it grow.
I'd love to have a mother but I haven't got the space. When you say about slowing the growth by putting her in shallow soil, is that what happens? I've been thinking of using pots that are not to deep but that make up for what they lack in depth by being longer and wider, so a broader flatter pot/container holding as much soil as normal shaped pot still, it would just allow me to use my space better. Would the roots spread along horizontally instead of downwards ok and still utilize all the soil? More like a window sill box. 7/8inch deep soil, 17inch long, 10wide?
id love to grow eniugh to not buy but as it is i need another space, seperate veg n flower area then i could co e close, i smoke a hell of a lot though. Ye bansais cool, I wanna try it with a proper tree, maybe an oak, see what happens

I've got some daffodils today that haven't opened yet, out of curiosity I've taken one aside and put it in a glass of water under the lights with the weed and I put a tiny bit of explode in the water. Curious to see if it opens before the rest of the bunch.

Thanks @chemistry I flattened them down a bit more, I gotta keep them low but i might have been a touch heavy handed so I'm putting them under 24hour for couple of days recovery. They look good though, definetely starting to drink more now

London bud

London bud

Be careful what you transfer to your grow rooms, there may be Mites or some other bugs loitering on a leaf or hidden in a flower.
:sweating: a good point.. something I didn't consider.
The dafodil is starting to open ahead of the others, I wanna see how much of a time difference there is between this one opening fully and all the others. Then I'll be curious to see which last longer..,

I've been trying to get a stardawg seed to germinate for nearly two weeks.
Had it I water for 2days, nothing. Put it in soil, kept wet n warm but nothing. I took the seed in my fingers last night and squeezed until I heard the smallest crack, I then put the seed in water mixed with liquid seaweed and today its sprouted, ive now got it back in the soil. Hopefully she'll turn out to be a girl.

Clones are truly there own plants now, it's quite amazing, they are actually turning into there mum, except these are gonna be even better :cool:

2019 03 06 135239
2019 03 06 135440
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

:sweating: a good point.. something I didn't consider.
The dafodil is starting to open ahead of the others, I wanna see how much of a time difference there is between this one opening fully and all the others. Then I'll be curious to see which last longer..,

I've been trying to get a stardawg seed to germinate for nearly two weeks.
Had it I water for 2days, nothing. Put it in soil, kept wet n warm but nothing. I took the seed in my fingers last night and squeezed until I heard the smallest crack, I then put the seed in water mixed with liquid seaweed and today its sprouted, ive now got it back in the soil. Hopefully she'll turn out to be a girl.

Clones are truly there own plants now, it's quite amazing, they are actually turning into there mum, except these are gonna be even better :cool:

I meant shallow soil the way bansai are made. I don't know if it'll work on an annual like cannabis, or if it's worth the effort. I mostly wanted to do it for fun. Thinking it may be able to lengthen the lifespan of a mother is just wild speculation on my part. Cannabis is fast growing so limiting the roots that much without a major increase in nutes (ie hydro) may just kill it.

That planter you described can grow some really big plants. I don't think that will stunt it the way you want it to. The roots will grow to fill the space they're in till they've reached what the plant needs. I was thinking only 2"-3" inches deep to create a bansai. The more I think about it, the more foolish "my" idea seems.

If you want to see how big plants can get with very little room, here...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/the-solo-cup-grow-off.87430/

I remember seeing this challenge when I first joined the farm.

----------------------------------------
If you're really lacking in space, I found these bansai, hahaha.
D750acca50d493d18bd3e039b082327e

London bud

London bud

@SmithsJunk, that plant is so cool, I'd really like to try that with a proper tree.
Im glad you think the roots will spread fine in the containers I described, I want my plants to grow obviously but am trying to keep them very low, I'm hoping to create a dense table top looking flat canopy

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@SmithsJunk, that plant is so cool, I'd really like to try that with a proper tree.
Im glad you think the roots will spread fine in the containers I described, I want my plants to grow obviously but am trying to keep them very low, I'm hoping to create a dense table top looking flat canopy

Check out around page 13 of the "Cup Challenge" and you'll see a plant by Orbiter252. He used mainlining to keep the plant's growth controlled and canopy even. This is an advanced technique you might consider.

As you can see by the challenge pics, pot sise means little if you know what you're doing. Maybe even ditch the planter for Solo cups, hehe. (Some friends on here suggest using a clear cup inside the colored cup so you can keep an eye on the root system without it being damaged by sunlight.)

I wanted to post some of the pics here for you but it didn't seem right to do so without having their permission first. It wouldn't bother me if someone did that with mine for this purpose but others might not feel the same. So you'll have to go look for yourself.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

...and those tiny bansai are internet pics, not mine. I wish I was that bada$$.

Top Bottom