Label on baggy seed is in?

• Thread starter Slap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
The thing that's always made me wonder WTF about autos is that you can take photoperiod strains and start them at 12/12 from seed. They'll yield a relatively same amount as an auto but without rudi in there corrupting the gene pool.
Plus it would cost less to run since lights are only on for 12 hours/day and not 24/7.
Those two things alone make them obsolete to me but with predatory marketing, hijacking strain names, and newbies buying into all of it, the cycle of autos mucking up good pot just keeps going. ⚙

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

They definitely had me on a steep learning curve for awhile lol glad I switched to photos
I might be mistaken, but I feel like I recognize your picture from another forum. Someone posted it and gave you credit. That BBW isn't an auto, is she? Positive vibes...
What's with the ladder? Removing a bird's nest? 🤣 she is massive 👍
Ladder for scale. A banana just wasn't going to cut it with that beast. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
The thing that's always made me wonder WTF about autos is that you can take photoperiod strains and start them at 12/12 from seed. They'll yield a relatively same amount as an auto but without rudi in there corrupting the gene pool.
Plus it would cost less to run since lights are only on for 12 hours/day and not 24/7.
Those two things alone make them obsolete to me but with predatory marketing, hijacking strain names, and newbies buying into all of it, the cycle of autos mucking up good pot just keeps going. ⚙
yea its all straight up marketing... when I first started growing seriously I thought Autos would be great so I ordered some seeds, not only is the germination rate significantly lower, but the only one NL auto I have is just all around not really impressive. On top of that, I topped, trained, and flipped plants that are now in flower that are twice the size of this auto... I dont see the allure anymore, but still I will give these Strawberry Cheesecake a chance....

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
All of these seeds were popped at the same time and theres even a clone taken in there... you guys wanna play find the ruderalis genes?? Lol
6147BF76 2B66 4643 B917 696F8C672F5D

Moshmen

Moshmen

For me it’s total darkness period, but working on that ! And 12/12 almost from seed is the plan! Knowledge is power and we all start without it, unfortunately people take advantage of us stoners

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

12/12 from seed works well with some plants and not so good with others. So I dont think 12/12 from seed with photos is a valid argument against autos.

And the actual breeding of the auto will determine the outcome. Some will suck some will be great like with anything.

None of these discussions have a yes or no, either/ or answer in my opinion.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I am going to try a couple autos outdoors this summer just to see what they are like. I am thinking the earlier August finish must help with evading the PM and budrot that always seem to a problem for me in the northeast.
My outdoor grow conditions aren’t the best so I figure it’s worth a try.

growsince79

growsince79

12/12 from seed works well with some plants and not so good with others. So I dont think 12/12 from seed with photos is a valid argument against autos.

And the actual breeding of the auto will determine the outcome. Some will suck some will be great like with anything.

None of these discussions have a yes or no, either/ or answer in my opinion.
I agree, it depends on genetics. I've got some experience growing 12-12 from seed. I had some indicas that were ripe in 80 days and made 1/2 ounce. I've grown some sativas that took 6 months and made 1/2 pound.
This one is Tahoe / MacRiddle. She's 2 months old today.

IMG 20200429 173713297 2
Last edited:
Slap

Slap

Funny how this thread went from a single question what does Auto / Fem mean in a baggy. To all the other info that was replied. Not knocking the info. Some of it was good, I thank you! I don't think I'll will do an auto again. I got my feet wet and now know more if what and what not to do. It was way to cold when I started her, But she is still alive and perky. Not to concerned about yield on this one. Thanks guys for your replies.
Peace Out!
&
Smoke Out!

Top Bottom