Lack of trichomes on my autos??

• Thread starter AZLandshaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

What’s up w the lack of trichomes I see on A LOT of my auto flower crop?
I’ve currently got three diff strains of autos growing under a viparspectra light using a hydro technique I’ve used successfully for decades. Just like my last crop (2nd auto flower for me) there appears to be a real lack of trichomes on the flowers forget about the nonexistent sugar leaves.

When I look at the outdoor I’m growing I see mad trichomes (diff strain and photos not auto). I’m getting the feeling the autos are not anywhere near as productive from a medication and Stoney perspective as the photo stuff. Now I see pics of dudes w gnarley auto flowers. And truthfully my Mexican airlines auto was pretty decent but not even close to some alien fire photos that I grew for a decade Or any of the other well selected photos I can remember.

The strain is BS ( 207 genetics cheese)? Viparspectra light is crap?
What gives?

Hell the flower in the bottom photo has next to zero trichomes.

Lack of trichomes on my autos
Lack of trichomes on my autos 2
Lack of trichomes on my autos 3
Lack of trichomes on my autos 4
AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

Late developer? Didn’t know this was a thing.

Anyone aware of a light growing large lovely flowers but negatively effecting trich production? Wondering about this vipar. Never seen or heard of this model and there’s little to no reported evidence to go by.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what size light, what size space, how many plants?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Weak trichome development usually due to weak light. How many true watts is this light? There’s trichs visible in your pictures.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
if you got your beans from ILGM their cheese is not high in thc.

Bass.man

Bass.man

I would check your light, it could be bad or going weak. How old is your light?
My autos have lots of frost and I'm using a viparspectra p2500 light.

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I do agree wholly that nothing will fix bad genes. The light is 6 mos old. I’m going to say it’s genetics. I’m not through w the run so there’s still time for an upswing (though I’m skeptical) and frankly my friends enjoy week bud a lot more than I so there’s always presents to be given come Labor Day.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Good auto beans are not easy to find and as big of auto fan as I am, I have to say photos are much more forgiving- every one of those plants will prolly finish differently - are you feeding them all the same? 1 looks nitrogen rich? And couple I’d likdd we to see better pics anc maybe what ur feeding ?
If your looking for good auto beans look up @Poekie he hasa sale goin and so far some of the nicest autos I’ve grown , none of that 60 day crap you need 90-100 for good auto in my opinion

hotrod717

hotrod717

Good auto beans are not easy to find and as big of auto fan as I am, I have to say photos are much more forgiving
Totally agree. Although I've had some some that were not as pretty, but had a great stone. While I've also had some real duds
The plants in the photos posted still seem pretty early, the pistols are all still white. A lot of plants don't start packing trichomes until the pistols start turning.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
poekie's spring sale thread

that is the link to @Poekie - super easy to deal with, fast and easy. took paypal and kept me informed. helped me out with some questions and was very friendly and knowledgable. i highly recommend getting a few, the price is right!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i had two plants that were later in developing lots of trichomes, one of them is loaded now, has like clumps of them that look like white mountains and some of the trichomes have huge tops, sort of like a nipple.

but it started with so few i thought it was a dud (it was bagseed, so no idea what it is). so i think you are ok, just give her time and the right conditions

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
What’s up w the lack of trichomes I see on A LOT of my auto flower crop?
I’ve currently got three diff strains of autos growing under a viparspectra light using a hydro technique I’ve used successfully for decades. Just like my last crop (2nd auto flower for me) there appears to be a real lack of trichomes on the flowers forget about the nonexistent sugar leaves.

When I look at the outdoor I’m growing I see mad trichomes (diff strain and photos not auto). I’m getting the feeling the autos are not anywhere near as productive from a medication and Stoney perspective as the photo stuff. Now I see pics of dudes w gnarley auto flowers. And truthfully my Mexican airlines auto was pretty decent but not even close to some alien fire photos that I grew for a decade Or any of the other well selected photos I can remember.

The strain is BS ( 207 genetics cheese)? Viparspectra light is crap?
What gives?

Hell the flower in the bottom photo has next to zero trichomes.
It’s genetics man 207 is bunk my friend has some from them and hasn’t had good results. He gave me an auto white widow and now im just gonna let it grow out and see but I bet there’s not gonna be a lot of trichs like your describing. Im too far in to turn around now but if mine turns out trash that’s gonna confirm it to me 207 is not a good source for genetics…

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Also the viparspectra is actually a good light. My ghost train haze is the frostiest and it was under the p1500.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Run those at 20hrs and go long on the harvest of you want the stoney high.

The 20 is for bigger yields.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

You could add a fun-party-time fluorescent blacklight. They're usually only 30-40 watts but the addition of UVA and a smidge of UVB, you'll see a 25% increase in frost. People usually run it alongside the main for a few hours in the middle of their light schedule.

Top Bottom