• Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Found a use for the old purple. Had to slap it a couple times to make it work

IMG 20230402 185043062
Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

Looks like old school Columbian Gold nice mother plant looks great for cloning.
Not quite, but maybe similar. This strain is from the Medellin area. The parents were grown 6N latitude around 3500'. Last female I cloned during flower revegged under 13 dark while the mother in the same space kept flowering. Except for making crosses, it's a complete waste of time growing them. I'm hoping for a male.

growsince79

growsince79

Day 24. Introducing the 4000k light a few hours. I only fed them twice at half strength and the tips already burned a bit. Used water with cycozyme and orca today. They are staying reasonably short so far so good. Oh almost forgot-top dressed with ewc and 1" strawberry fields.

IMG 20230407 212458672
Last edited:
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

My plants have been vegging for 33 days now but have been on a 20/4 light schedule thinking I may wait another week before flipping to 12/12. I think I started maybe 6 days a head of you. Did you move them now to keep their size down? I have 3 of the same in a 4x4 I am moving outside when I am sure there will be no more frost as I would tomato plants and hope no one steals them, maybe put bells on them or somethin like that.

growsince79

growsince79

My plants have been vegging for 33 days now but have been on a 20/4 light schedule thinking I may wait another week before flipping to 12/12. I think I started maybe 6 days a head of you. Did you move them now to keep their size down? I have 3 of the same in a 4x4 I am moving outside when I am sure there will be no more frost as I would tomato plants and hope no one steals them, maybe put bells on them or somethin like that.
I'm going to keep cutting the top off while the bottom keeps developing. These plants normally get too big to grow indoors, but its fun trying. This is day 2 flower. I'll bet it takes another 4 weeks to make a pistil. But maybe I'll get lucky and get a male.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I'm going to keep cutting the top off while the bottom keeps developing. These plants normally get too big to grow indoors, but its fun trying. This is day 2 flower. I'll bet it takes another 4 weeks to make a pistil. But maybe I'll get lucky and get a male.
I assume you plants are photos, and it is my understanding that flipping the light at about 40% expected growth is a good time. I don't think topping are flipping is advisable because you could have a plant in a permanent veg. That is a lesson I learned with my last grow, but I don't think there are many right and wrongs to this.
I am not going to top my autos but lst them.

growsince79

growsince79

I assume you plants are photos, and it is my understanding that flipping the light at about 40% expected growth is a good time. I don't think topping are flipping is advisable because you could have a plant in a permanent veg. That is a lesson I learned with my last grow, but I don't think there are many right and wrongs to this.
I am not going to top my autos but lst them.
These plants are photo dependent, but they cant fower until they are old enough. Most of the plants I grow nan be flipped at 2-3 weeks. In Colombia, the days and nights are always 12-12 and they don't start to flower until they are about 5-6' tall. Last time I grew these, it took 77 days of 11-13 to finally show sex. These plants are for learning and breeding. Sensei say - man who can grow Colombian in closet can accomplish anything.

growsince79

growsince79

Day 31. Looks like a Ca defficiency and or light burn. Cut another node off the top of each plant.

IMG 20230414 225646223
IMG 20230414 225736002
IMG 20230414 230432862
IMG 20230414 230438729
growsince79

growsince79

Day6 flower topped the small one again. 12 branches on each now.

IMG 20230417 003327302
Last edited:
G

GoldenDragon

Looking nice, will be cool to see these in flower. They look similar to the old red colombian type, @growsince79 can you give some details on these please. Thanks and good luck with them, hope they turn out beautiful for you.

G

GoldenDragon

I just had a look at your outdoors picture on the first post. They actually look like what alot of the guys in Colombia are calling mango biche and colombian gold now interchangeably rather tham the red. Seem to be different to the traditional colombian gold we've know of in the past in the west but very beautiful still. Should be a good one.
Ps. The one in the back of the outdoors picture looks different, is that a different phenotype of the same or is that a different Colombian ? I really like the look of that one.

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

I just had a look at your outdoors picture on the first post. They actually look like what alot of the guys in Colombia are calling mango biche and colombian gold now interchangeably rather tham the red. Seem to be different to the traditional colombian gold we've know of in the past in the west but very beautiful still. Should be a good one.
Ps. The one in the back of the outdoors picture looks different, is that a different phenotype of the same or is that a different Colombian ? I really like the look of that one.
It's 2 plants one got 12 feet and was done sooner than the 15 footer. The guy who grew them didn't know of any strain name for it, just the local weed in that area.
1618528639726-png.1113858
img_20210517_201845982-jpg.1125538

Last edited:
G

GoldenDragon

Last time I did 11-13 from sprout, it might help a little idk- still took over 70 days to make a pistil. I'm trying a different approach this time. 16-8 until I've extreme topped twice or more. Secret plan is all in my head, hope it don't get lost haha. I want the plants to be old and small before I flip this time. I'm bored and like to try different things.
Indoor alot of pure sativas do that. Ive seen some seed plants take over 9 weeks on 10 on and 14 off to even throw a pistol. Outdoor were they come from its different as they use subtle changes in the sun, angle, the light spectrum, temperature and age ect to trigger into flowering at the right seasonal time. As some of these places the light and dark hours dont change much with the seasons. Indoors you have to let the plant mature till it reaches age and then it will bloom a little faster. Indoors with sativas you can veg them under 13 on and 11 off, some even 12-12. Once they get to about 3 months old and its usually faster with a clone and less space consuming to go into 10-14 then. Anyway you have fun man, I like sativas so will enjoy watching your grow of these.

Latest posts

Top Bottom