Landrace Colombian in my 2 x 4

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Indoor alot of pure sativas do that. Ive seen some seed plants take over 9 weeks on 10 on and 14 off to even throw a pistol. Outdoor were they come from its different as they use subtle changes in the sun, angle, the light spectrum, temperature and age ect to trigger into flowering at the right seasonal time. As some of these places the light and dark hours dont change much with the seasons. Indoors you have to let the plant mature till it reaches age and then it will bloom a little faster. Indoors with sativas you can veg them under 13 on and 11 off, some even 12-12. Once they get to about 3 months old and its usually faster with a clone and less space consuming to go into 10-14 then. Anyway you have fun man, I like sativas so will enjoy watching your grow of these.
Its not easy growing a 12' plant in a 4' closet, but its fun trying.

growsince79

growsince79

Day 15f. Foliar fed the purple one again. The hope is to keep as short as possible. The short one got sprayed with vf11, the tall one did not. They are also topped different. I might top the tall one again, hopefully its male.

IMG 20230425 181556919
Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

They both look overwatered, but the one you sprayed even more. They are healthy dont get me wrong but I see that in some pics theyre looking normal and in others overwatered. Or are you letting them dry on purpose until the leaves droop? The fact that is not only the tips of the leaves but the whole leaves and little stems too makes me think is overwatering.
EDIT: Any pistils showing up yet?

growsince79

growsince79

They both look overwatered, but the one you sprayed even more. They are healthy dont get me wrong but I see that in some pics theyre looking normal and in others overwatered. Or are you letting them dry on purpose until the leaves droop? The fact that is not only the tips of the leaves but the whole leaves and little stems too makes me think is overwatering.
EDIT: Any pistils showing up yet?
They are not overwatered at all. They are landrace Colombian, far different from normal hybrids. In their native land they get watered everyday. Here in my 2 x 4, they been getting water every 3 days. That's about to go to every other day. It's hard to grow a Colombian plant in a 2 gal bag. By time they make a pistil, they might need water every day.

Eledin

Eledin

They are not overwatered at all. They are landrace Colombian, far different from normal hybrids. In their native land they get watered everyday. Here in my 2 x 4, they been getting water every 3 days. That's about to go to every other day. It's hard to grow a Colombian plant in a 2 gal bag. By time they make a pistil, they might need water every day.
I see so she likes to be wet all the time huh? 😛 no pun intended.

G

GoldenDragon

I think that might just be the type of plants they are. They can grow to tree size and have this beautiful drooping leaf like look. Those thin slim leaves all dangling down in outdoors conditions with the air movement tentd to fan the plant and allow a lot of air movement, its also how they deal with excessive heat in tropical conditions. They dont look overwatered to me. Ive never really seen any Colombian sativas that have all leaves pointing upwards or are thick and sturdy enough to do that, as the leaves are usually narrow , thin types. Look fine.

growsince79

growsince79

I think that might just be the type of plants they are. They can grow to tree size and have this beautiful drooping leaf like look. Those thin slim leaves all dangling down in outdoors conditions with the air movement tentd to fan the plant and allow a lot of air movement, its also how they deal with excessive heat in tropical conditions. They dont look overwatered to me. Ive never really seen any Colombian sativas that have all leaves pointing upwards or are thick and sturdy enough to do that, as the leaves are usually narrow , thin types. Look fine.
They are really drinking now. Watered yesterday and they will need it tomorrow. The plan is to grow these in smaller pots than last time, hopefully watering everyday

IMG 20230427 1906094082
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Cool idea definitely following along they look great, I’m wondering how they’ll do after the major topping but so far all looks well, still no pistils?
Day 53: 26f. Tied in knot, is that what they call lst or hst?
LST would be simply bending down the branches and holding in place with string or wire etc, HST would be methods like super cropping, but you’re already practicing HST by doing the toppings you’re doing on them, looks like a fun project though! You said 2x4 what’s total height you have available?

growsince79

growsince79

Cool idea definitely following along they look great, I’m wondering how they’ll do after the major topping but so far all looks well, still no pistils?

LST would be simply bending down the branches and holding in place with string or wire etc, HST would be methods like super cropping, but you’re already practicing HST by doing the toppings you’re doing on them, looks like a fun project though! You said 2x4 what’s total height you have available?
Yeah this is pretty fun- I have about 5.5' so 3' is about as tall as I'll let them get. This one is mainlined and tied in knots. I can probably take the ties off now.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yeah this is pretty fun- I have about 5.5' so 3' is about as tall as I'll let them get. This one is mainlined and tied in knots. I can probably take the ties off now.
I was looking into mainlining for outdoor, saw a cool tabletop type design on a roof a while back, basically they took 4-6 plants and mainlined them just below the edge of a wall on a roof balcony so it couldn’t be seen from the road, but it looked like a 30’ long 2’ wide flat table top of buds, was considering trying to copy that along my fence seems like itd be fun

shaganja

shaganja

Am working on a skunk project. Have the afffy, and the aca, but need the columbian. Is she still alive, and would consider selling clones/beans?

Top Bottom