Landrace Colombian in my 2 x 4

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

I'm gonna try to grow these Colombians again. This is the most difficult I ever grown. Here's the Mother.
attempting-to-grow-landrace-colombian-jpg.1070515

revegeta

revegeta

Hi! You are quite brave to be growing colombians Indoors 😃

If I may suggest a good way to grow sativas indoors without having to worry about height, is to grow the seed plants until you can take a clone of each, root the clones and throw the seed plants away. The clones will stretch a lot less and you can grow a lot of them in small pots.

If you keep topping them and taking away over 50% of the plant each topping, this kind of stress will make it more probable for them to go hermie. Especially pure sativas.

growsince79

growsince79

Hi! You are quite brave to be growing colombians Indoors 😃

If I may suggest a good way to grow sativas indoors without having to worry about height, is to grow the seed plants until you can take a clone of each, root the clones and throw the seed plants away. The clones will stretch a lot less and you can grow a lot of them in small pots.

If you keep topping them and taking away over 50% of the plant each topping, this kind of stress will make it more probable for them to go hermie. Especially pure sativas.
I did it your way last time. I found that the clones even rooted in 12-12 were revegging until they had enough roots to flower. I know that doesn't make sense or sound right, but it's documented with pics on my last Colombian run. Thanks for the tip though- appreciate any feedback and advice I can get.

revegeta

revegeta

I know that doesn't make sense or sound right, but it's documented with pics on my last Colombian run.
12/12 is insufficient for some pure sativas. I never grew Colombian landraces so I don't know about them specifically, but some sativas won't flower correctly unless you drop the light hours to 11/13, even 10/14. Could this be the cause for the previous issue? I think it is a possibility, and if it happened with the clones I think it's probable it will happen with the seed plants as well.

growsince79

growsince79

12/12 is insufficient for some pure sativas. I never grew Colombian landraces so I don't know about them specifically, but some sativas won't flower correctly unless you drop the light hours to 11/13, even 10/14. Could this be the cause for the previous issue? I think it is a possibility, and if it happened with the clones I think it's probable it will happen with the seed plants as well.
I think I was at 12-12 last time and switched to 11-13 when the clones rooted. It still took 75 days or so to make the first pistil. Then I made a clone of the clone and when I transplanted to a bigger pot it started revegging. At that point I was frustrated and ended up throwing it away. I already had the seeds I wanted. This is the same batch of seeds, so we'll see what happens.

growsince79

growsince79

Day 12 and growing fast-huge leaves so far and already starting to branch. I just realized the timer was set to 16hrs on. I'm gonnaa leave it there until I move it to the 2 x4 in a couple days.

IMG 20230327 135317627
IMG 20230327 135512284
IMG 20230327 135527559
Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

This is a good tip, many times growers need to shorten days and increase dark, I am just learning many tricks and ways to entice these plants. SS

growsince79

growsince79

This is a good tip, many times growers need to shorten days and increase dark, I am just learning many tricks and ways to entice these plants. SS
Last time I did 11-13 from sprout, it might help a little idk- still took over 70 days to make a pistil. I'm trying a different approach this time. 16-8 until I've extreme topped twice or more. Secret plan is all in my head, hope it don't get lost haha. I want the plants to be old and small before I flip this time. I'm bored and like to try different things.

Top Bottom